Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Losing my grip

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I think I'm losing my grip on reality since my bro died. I don't do my schoolwork that much anymore, I think I'm failing three classes. I can't even concentrate in school. I day dream all day. Not that I don't like daydreaming, but teachers don't like day dreamers, and your parents get mad when your grades slip. Sometimes I find myself walking down the hall and one of my friends will say something to me, I don't even notice until they get in my face and talk to me. I'd love to drop out, but my parents wouldn't let me and I couldn't get a real job. I hate school.

Replies

• hens not funny avatar
    hens not funny Joined 17y ago
    856 points Ranked 41686th
    access_time 17y
    aw kilo ur words are too good i quit :(
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    I disagree with Nahasa. If you spend the rest of your life constantly thinking about him, to try and cling to his "aliveness", you are in denial of the reality of your situation, and will waste your life away in a big, perpetual day dream. Get back into as close to the routine of what your everyday life used to be like as soon as possible. Study, get grades, go to college, get more grades, go out with your mates, get drunk, have a laugh, get a girlfriend, a job, a wife, A LIFE. Nahasa, if you'd read my post properly, you'd have seen the point I was trying to illustrate is that his brother's untimely death is a tragedy of lost opportunities, unachieved ambitions, and unrealised dreams - For Emagen, however (and indeed Crack) it is not too late - once they have their grieving done (and it must be done, or it will haunt you for the rest of your life) they must pick up, get on and make damn sure that when their own time comes, they have done all the things they want to do - because they still have the chance to do it. Kilo^_^
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    hens not funny Joined 17y ago
    856 points Ranked 41686th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Kilostream The only dream that will never come true is the dream of having your brother back.
    tahts not true. as a matter of fact, ur brother was never dead. seeing the fact taht ur even talking about this, that means he is always ther in ur heart to help u thru all ur goals and achieving things. remember this, the day you forget your brother, is the day that he really died. i doubt that will happen. therefore, think about him and you'll be fine.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    You knew it anyway, All I did was spell it out for ya. Get back into that study as soon as you can - It'll help you take your mind off things. Kilo^_^
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • emagen avatar
    emagen Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Thanks for the words man.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    I gotta say guys - you need to take time out to grieve, but don't take forever over it. Both of you suffered the loss of a brother - that's a pretty bad thing to have happen to you - but YOU are still alive, don't forget about that. Out of you and your brother, YOU are the lucky one - you still have your life, you can still day dream, and you still have the opportunity, and the power to take your destiny into your own hands, and drive those dreams of yours into reality. The only dream that will never come true is the dream of having your brother back. But let me ask you this - If I could grant you one more conversation with either of your respective brothers, and you were to ask them about it, do YOU think they would wish you to regress into a shell, drop out of school, miss out on grades, and the chance of a good career, and comfortable adult life because of what happened to them? I don't think so - I think they would urge you to pick up the pieces, gather your energy, and surge forward into the rest of your life, and do enough living for the both of you!! You can get a good job, buy a house, get a wife, go on vacations, have kids (maybe name one after your brother, to give him a legacy...??) There is soooo much YOU have left that YOU can do with YOUR life. Think of all of your dead brothers unrealised dreams, and ambitions - he has not the chance to do anything about them now, and it is too late for him to have regrets. It is not for you. Grieve while you must, but life goes on, you owe it to your brother to get on with yours. Easy now, Kilo^_^
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Tha-Flash avatar
    Tha-Flash Joined 17y ago
    109 points Ranked 66604th
    access_time 17y
    Hey, thats a little harsh aint it?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • monkonaut avatar
    monkonaut Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y