Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

A few non-HLamp related questions

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hello :) Here are a few questions : are you on Windows XP ? Did you make your website in Dreamweaver MX ? Why PHP when you don't really need to connect to a MySQL database ? Finally, what is your news module ? Is it connected to vBulletin ? Thank you ! :)

Replies

• Grumpy Troll avatar
    Grumpy Troll Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53734th
    access_time 17y
    Thank you ! :) Btw, I like the gray theme, it's "cool" on the eyes ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Disk2 avatar
    Disk2 Joined 17y ago
    723 points Ranked 42651st
    access_time 17y
    Are you on Windows XP? Yes, I'm on Windows XP Professional. Did you make your website in Dreamweaver MX? Nope, I wrote it by hand using Macromedia Homesite 5. Why PHP when you don't really need to connect to a MySQL database? I used PHP mainly to make the site easier to maintain. Also, I have to use it for the news script, since it is based on PHP. What is your news module? Is it connected to vBulletin? Yes, the news module is part of the forums system. I just post to the news forum and it shows up on the main page. I'm not sure if that is a feature of vBulletin or vbHome though.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Grumpy Troll avatar
Grumpy Troll Joined 17y ago