Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Story: Wastelands

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

yep...as i threatened...heres one of my writings! HAHA Note, it will take a few posts to put it all in. And, for anyone whos played it, this story is a fanfiction of the Fallout series. Chapter 1 I’ve heard stories from the past, stories of Brahmin with only one head. I laughed to myself as I looked at the two headed cow. All four of its big eyes looked at me in that stupid way domesticated animals do. I looked away from the animal, and to the surrounding land. The all too familiar Wastelands were all I could see for miles around. Radioactive deserts, with very little plant life. I’ve heard that before the Great War, that this land was full of tall buildings and people. That all changed after the Bombs, witch turned this once great city into dust. I shook away the thoughts, and concentrated instead on the fire I was trying to get lit. “Hey, Felix, a Tribal could’ve gotten this fire lit before you.” I looked up to the smirking face of my brother, Edward. I smiled, pointed to the Uzi submachine gun in his hand, and shot back at him, “Maybe Teddy, and they would certainly also be a better shot with that then you’d ever be.” He shook his head and replied, “Well, it will be dark soon, so be sure you get this thing lit before then, or the others won’t be happy.” I watched him for a second as he walked off to the others of the group. If that man was not my brother, I would never in my right mind would I insult him. He stood at least 6’8 inches tall, and 260 pounds of pure muscle. He is not too good with a gun, but give him any hand to hand weapon or, even with his own bare hands, and he would wipe the floor with his opponent. Aside from the Uzi he held, he also had a Ripper knife in a side sheath, and in his hands, it is a very deadly weapon. I watched as he made his way back to the 6 other people. Other then Teddy, and Chris, a lifelong childhood friend, I knew none of them. If I wasn’t in such dire need of money, I wouldn’t even be here. But, the entire group is being paid top dollar to be sure the Brahmin pulled caravan made it to its destination, a small mining town called Broken Hills, safely. To help us with that, the caravan is full of an array of weapons, witches oddly enough, are what we are going to be delivering when we arrive at Broken Hills. Concentrating again on the fire, I pulled the lighter out of my back pocket, and used it to ignite the fuel on the wood. Almost instantly flames sprang up, and I had to move my head back in order to save the hair on my face. I stood shaking, and then was greeted by the laughter of the others. The others of the group started to wander over, and settle around the fire. They each took off the green helmets of their suit of Combat Armor, and set it on the side next to them. Conversations started, and soon we were all talking, and having a good time. Someone had a bottle of whiskey, and it was being passed around. Over the laughter and talking, its no surprised we didn’t hear the first shot. More like felt it. The guard sitting across from me suddenly slumped forward. At first, I thought it was effects from the drinking, until I saw the hole in the back of his head. We all quickly stood, grabbed our helmets off of the ground, and put them on and we hurried to the caravan. Reaching in, I took an assault rifle and four clips of ammunition from it. I quickly loaded the rifle, and chambered a round, and spun around. I could hear the sound of footsteps in the darkness, but I could not get a bead on them. I heard a soft, popping noise, then cursing. One of the other guards clutched his chest, but didn’t fall. I knew the bullet didn’t go through the armor. Whoever the sniper was, the guy they had wasn’t powerful enough to pierce out armor. And, I knew, that they would soon be coming in for the kill. Just as that thought hit my head, the sound of footsteps started again, this time fast. And coming closer. I raised the rifle to my shoulder, just as several men with pistols started swarming into the firelight. I didn’t wait for them to shoot. I steadied the rifle on one target, and squeezed the trigger. My rifle kicked in my hands as I fired. My target stopped in his tracks. Who can blame him? It’s not an easy task to run when you have 3 pieces of lead in your internal organs. I didn’t even stop to think about the felled man, before the sound of gunfire exploded all around me. I felt a hard thud on my leg, but ignored it. I found a new target. Looked like a man of no more then 20 of age. He raised his pistol to us, and, before I could fire, several shots ripped through his chest and head. The sound of his body hitting the sand was the last sound made. We looked around among us, to find no one seriously wounded. Nothing a few stimpacks wouldn’t fix. I opened my mouth to speak, to congratulate them on a job well done. But, another sudden sound stopped me. A loud explosion sound, followed by a bright flash, right next to us. I saw another guard fall over, his back section turned into jelly. The 6 of us turned around, just as another guard was hit. He fell, his chest much resembling the others back. Then, I saw what was making the commotion. This battle was no were near over. Not thinking, I raised my rifle, and started shooting at the two men. Within seconds, they were both bullet ridden corpses. On each of their right hands, there was a Powerfist over their knuckles. These powerful weapons discharged a energy blast whenever they contacted anything, making any punch lethal. But why, were such advance weapons in the hands of these petty raiders? I didn’t have time to think about it. Two figures slowly started walking into the fading firelight. A low, mechanical whine sounded whenever they moved. Each one stood 8 feet tall, in a suit of black Powered Armor. In their hands, were large rifles I could not identify. Each of them lowered their rifles to us, but did not fire. A voice came from one of them, I could not tell witch, “Lower your weapons, and submit yourself willingly to us, and you will live through this.” This was not good. They were not raiders, but slavers. But, why then, did they have Powered Armor? I didn’t have a chance to give it another thought. All I heard was a muffled voice. “Alright then. Open fire.” Their guns roared to life with amazing power. One of the guards, the first to be hit, was ripped into bloody pieces. Another was hit once in the chest, and it ripped a melon sized hole through him. From the corner of my eye, I saw Teddy get ripped into pieces as well. The brother I lived my life with. The brother who I ran away with… Dead. Loud clicking noises. I looked up, tears blurring my vision, to the 2 figures. They dropped their rifles, and took out their sidearm from their holsters. I looked around. Only I and Chris stood alive. They pointed their pistols at us, and again said “Surrender, and your lives will be spared.” My gun fell out of my quivering hand, and Chris dropped his. They started to advance on us, not moving their aim. My own hand was poised over my own side holster… and over the pistol I hoped could penetrate the Powered Armor. Wow. It all fit. Dident know. And im too lazy to scroll up and edit my "might take a few posts" thing. Oh well. If a moderater reads this, edit that for me. Cuase im lazy. Yeah. Ok.

Replies

• DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    184 points Ranked 57121st
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    havnt tried to get anything published, but its on my list of things to do before i snap and go on a killing spree...err...i mean die...yeah....you did not read that....... and, you coulda fooled me with you being "smart" ;) joking and im gonna try to slow this story down abit, get more actual story into it
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Crosshair? avatar
    Crosshair? Joined 18y ago
    128 points Ranked 63175th
    access_time 16y
    after re-reading it, i agree with you actually. Ill try to work on that, thanks for pointing it out
    well yeah...despite what you all may think, I'm actually a rather smart person, who is not illiterate..lol, and I read a lot of books, I can tell that your book will have plenty of action and suspense in it which I like, but it seems to just "appear" in front of me...it's wierd...I dunno, I like it though, definately not bad...ever try to ge anything published?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Crosshair? plot seems a bit forced...but...yah I like it. /me writes his own story...
    after re-reading it, i agree with you actually. Ill try to work on that, thanks for pointing it out
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    hens not funny Joined 17y ago
    856 points Ranked 41659th
    access_time 16y
    omgz0rz pwnagez0rz :D write more write more!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Crosshair? avatar
    Crosshair? Joined 18y ago
    128 points Ranked 63175th
    access_time 16y
    plot seems a bit forced...but...yah I like it. /me writes his own story...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • EtErNiTyU. avatar
    EtErNiTyU. Joined 17y ago
    288 points Ranked 51140th
    access_time 16y
    i read the whole thing, good so far :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    update! after a long wait, here is an update to the story! “We and I thinks we should put him out’a his misery.” “I don’t think so, Sulik, it looks like we may be able to help. Lenny, come over here. Think you can do anything?” “Well…We are running….Low on medical supplies… But I’ll see what I can do” Something that felt like a rock rubbed against the side of my head, where I was hit. Pain seared through my brain, and my eyes snapped open. Directly above me was a Ghoul. Ghouls used to be human, but after all the radioactivity, they started to mutate. They have the basic shape of a human, but their skin is usually discolored and looks as if it’s melting off the bones. This particular one had pale, white skin, and was so skinny, it looked as if he had no skin at all, just a skeleton. “Relax, smoothskin, and let ol’ Lenny take a look at ya’s” Soothed, but not knowing why, I closed my eyes, and again the darkness took over my thoughts. “I…was not able…..to… fully heal…him. We will… need to get….him… to a medical facility” “Grampy Bone say much about this one. He strong warrior. He may prove to be helpful ally” “Ok, ok, but we need to question him first, find out exactly what hes doing. Id hate to have just wasted healing supplies on a raider. Sulik, give me his pistol” I woke to a cold pressure against my temple. I opened my eyes, and saw my own Desert Eagle pressed against my head. Holding it was a tall man. His hair was cut, very un-evenly, short, and dark eyes seemed to pierce right into me. His tanner then usual skin made me guess he was a Tribal. He spoke in a gruff, commanding manner. “You have about 10 seconds to tell me who you are, or your gonna be Radscorpian food.” Slowly, gathering my thoughts, I spoke, “My name is Felix, and I was a caravan guard. We Left from the New California Republic and on the route to Broken Hills… about 8 miles due north…” "Br..Broken H..Hills?" Lenny, the ghoul, cut into my sentence. "Broken H..Hills is atleast 200 miles fr..from here." "We are about a half days walk outside of San Fransisco. Broken Hills is several days to the North-East." The man with the gun to my head added, lowering his aim abit from my head. "What happend to you, Felix. Why are you so far off your route?" Many things went through my mind at the same time, and the only thing i could utter was the word "Slavers.." As if instantly understanding, the man with the gun turned his head to another man standing about 20 feet away, back turned to us, and a large sledge hammer in his hand. "Hey, Sulik, come here" The man with the sledgehammer, Sulik i know knew, turned and walked over. The man gave Sulik back the Desert Eagle, then turned back to me, and said, "Were going to take you to a military base not far from here. They should have the medical supplies needed. Until then, you will have to cope with the pain. But be warned, the base may not be empty."
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    access_time 16y
    hurry up with writing god dammit!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Edited the thread name, moved to Art forums. Ill post other storys as soon as i write them, and/or get around to posted the already written ones
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • monkonaut avatar
    monkonaut Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    *cough*KISSASS*cough* ehh.. sorry... *O.o Nice, but you're lazyness is great... SO SMALL
    SELL SELL FOOKING SELL
    URL to post:
  • hens not funny avatar
    access_time 17y
    holy shit that is fsucking awesome...gj darkpoet and its great to hear taht ur staying! yay! crap i cant wait to hear more...dam ur one heck of a writer...i can barely rite a two line story about lions having sex...ne wayz kudos to u! kudos
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r username pic Joined 17y ago
    35,754 points Ranked 126th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    I was gonna post my short story thing that I made for school. Its sci fi and I got an A. I think Ill post it later...
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    If you havent read whats posted abouve, it will make no sense. I havent proof read it, cause im lazy. And i dident format it, cause im lazy. Ill do all that later maybe. Chapter 2 One of them came to me, and the other walked to Chris. I looked briefly over at Chris as the man in Power Armor pistol whipped him to the ground. Shuddering, I looked back to the one next to me. “Put your hands above your head, and you won’t meet the same pain your friend here did.” I did nothing, and he again commanded me to raise my hands. After the third time, he stepped in closer, and started to bring his pistol down to my face. I saw my opening, and quickly pulled out my pistol from its holster, a large, .50 caliber Desert Eagle. I ducked under the blow he sent, and raised again. The split second of surprise was all I needed. I jammed the pistol into the neck of the man, and squeezed the trigger. The bullet ripped from the barrel and into the soft, thin layer or the neck plating, and into the mans neck. The combination of the wet, gurgling sound the man inside the Armor was making and the mechanical whine of the Armor moving, and then soft, sizzling noise was the last thing I heard before the searing pain in my leg. I looked over at the other armored figure, the see his smoking pistol, before I fell over. I looked up at the sky, lying in the blistering hot sand. The face of the Power Armor was the next thing I saw, before he sent his metallic boot to the side of my head, and my vision went black.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Well of course you'll give us more to read,meh loves those kind of stories,it's like "Heart of an AWP:er"...I'd read them very gladly:)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Thanks guys, ill be sure to post any updates. And, i got another i could post, but its weird. Its a medieval fantasy that most people wanna kill me for writing, cause its so horrible. Or is it cause i havent worked on it in a long as time and they wanna read it...bleh, no matter Ill post that one on request, and any updates to this Wastelands(the un-official name at the moment) story ill post here
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • monkonaut avatar
    monkonaut Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    good work buddy, even though i already read it, /me bows and btw satan, if ure not gonna read it dont post,
    SELL SELL FOOKING SELL
    URL to post:
  • Simon avatar
    Simon Joined 18y ago
    1,156 points Ranked 23192nd
    access_time 17y
    I'm not editing the spelling ;). I do like the story so far. Nothing gets the dander up like Slavers, except maybe cannibals. Good story so far man. Simon
    The Chief (Ret.)
    URL to post:
  • DarkPoet avatar
    DarkPoet Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Read it and decide for yourself
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SaTaN avatar
    SaTaN Joined 17y ago
    3,061 points Ranked 3519th
    access_time 17y
    god damnit i hate long storys... im not gonna bother reading it...... just tell me how i should feel
    communist avatar
    Mantra
    communist
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author