Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

If your CS/HL is crashing upon join ...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

i made this exact thread in support forums but i see some people are having this problem... so.... basically HLamp adds some stuff to your commandmenu.txt file... and if your commandmenu.txt file gets too big when you try to start a server HL launcher or CS launcher will close and crash to desktop. if you try to join a server then when the console slides up it will loop the first sound played over and over and over and crash cs / hl. if youre cs / hl is crashing, try taking the commandmenu.txt file that is in the winzip file with HLamp and extract it and overwrite the one in your mod directory.... then try it again perhaps this major problem can be addressed for future releases of HLamp... :) hope this thread helps...:apc:

Replies

• Grumpy Troll avatar
    Grumpy Troll Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53766th
    access_time 17y
    I wish I could program like Disk2 :(
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Disk2 avatar
    Disk2 Joined 17y ago
    723 points Ranked 42666th
    access_time 17y
    I'm thinking of trying to let users have something like hlamp.txt that they could toggle in-game. Might try to do that for 1.40...we'll see ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Snipe*Star avatar
    Snipe*Star Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    ah ok i didnt know if it was possible for you to create a seperate file, i.e. hlamp.txt and add 1 command line at the bottom of commandmenu.txt to load hlamp.txt something like that suggestion? im not really sure if this is possible im not big on the hl engine and command menu stuff
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Disk2 avatar
    Disk2 Joined 17y ago
    723 points Ranked 42666th
    access_time 17y
    Well this is a limitation of Half-Life, not HLamp. There isn't really anything I can do about the problem other than shorten the command menu a little, which I have done a little in version 1.30 (due to be released in a couple days).
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category