Which engine version?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Night-Terror points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

I havent played cs:s, dod:s or hl2dm for a long time because my router was messed up now that i am playing again i noticed that dod:s has achievements now and it looks like its using the newest engine (ep2) but when i play cs:s it seems like it is on the old engine because i get over 30 more fps than dod:s even tho they both are on the same settings. so is counter strike source on the old engine still? or am i just being stupid :P are they gonna update it soon? i hope so!

• 9y
    sKyLiNeDgG avatar
    sKyLiNeDgG Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Yes CSS is still on the old engine and there are rumors on updating css to the new engine with achievements. which personally i don't like :S
  • 9y
    Night-Terror avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by EclipDgg

Yes CSS is still on the old engine and there are rumors on updating css to the new engine with achievements. which personally i don't like :S

i dont mind achievements but i would like it to be on the new engine because shadows, lighting, and physics are better
    You are reading this. avatar
    Mantra
    You are reading this.
  • 9y
    sKyLiNeDgG avatar
    sKyLiNeDgG Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    I only like achievements on tf2 but i dont like the idea of CSS having achievements you probably wont get any new weapons cuz you got a large choice of weapons to pick from
  • 9y
    Night-Terror avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by EclipDgg

I only like achievements on tf2 but i dont like the idea of CSS having achievements you probably wont get any new weapons cuz you got a large choice of weapons to pick from

i doubt we will get any weapons, although an m60 or a m8 would be cool to have. they should update the weapon skins because on just about every gun the bolt and ejector is on the wrong side of the gun and its annoying!
    if they do any update i wish they would include a prone position. that would be awesome
    You are reading this. avatar
    Mantra
    You are reading this.
  • 9y
    sKyLiNeDgG avatar
    sKyLiNeDgG Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Night-Terror

Posted by EclipDgg

i doubt we will get any weapons, although an m60 or a m8 would be cool to have. they should update the weapon skins because on just about every gun the bolt and ejector is on the wrong side of the gun and its annoying!
    if they do any update i wish they would include a prone position. that would be awesome

now the prone part i can deal with

prone = sharper aiming :)
  • 9y
    Silent Ricochet avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    47,928 points Ranked 81st
    14 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    Yes CSS runs on the Episode One Engine, DODS runs on the Episode Two engine.
    Loud Mouth New Yawkuh avatar
    Mantra
    Loud Mouth New Yawkuh

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Night-Terror avatar