Editing in vegas?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Phant0m points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

Ok i am trying to do a CSS movie but i am editing it in vegas what is so hard to manage but because adobe's program won't work on my pc for some reason i am forced to use vegas. I would like to know how do :
  • Split clips
  • Add a green-ish overlay
  • Cut off edges of the video.
    • 9y
      Klexicon avatar
      Klexicon Offline
      Member Joined 10y
      156 points Ranked 21103rd
      I believe for splitting you can just highlight what you want on the time line and press "c", either try that or click somewhere (the place you want the cut to occur at) and press c. I don't have Vegas on this current installation of windows, so I cant be of more help. If I find my installer ill reinstall and check it out so I can help you a bit more.

EDIT : Click where you want and click "S" to but a break at that spot :)

EDIT2 : To add the green overlay click on the "Video FX" tab > Scroll down to "Film Effects" > Drag the "Green only" effect onto your video, from there a window will pop up and you can edit the RGB values to make it the exact green you want, and if you don't already know, alpha is for the visibility of it, 0 alpha will make it invisible, 100 alpha will make its opacity 100%
      Mantra
    • 9y
      Phant0m avatar
      Phant0m Offline
      Member Joined 11y
      1,256 points Ranked 3756th
      Posted by Klexicon

I believe for splitting you can just highlight what you want on the time line and press "c", either try that or click somewhere (the place you want the cut to occur at) and press c. I don't have Vegas on this current installation of windows, so I cant be of more help. If I find my installer ill reinstall and check it out so I can help you a bit more.

EDIT2 : To add the green overlay click on the "Video FX" tab > Scroll down to "Film Effects" > Drag the "Green only" effect onto your video, from there a window will pop up and you can edit the RGB values to make it the exact green you want, and if you don't already know, alpha is for the visibility of it, 0 alpha will make it invisible, 100 alpha will make its opacity 100%

Thanks klexi , you should add a tutorial on making vids :) your flash ones sure rocked :)
      Gaming should not be taken too avatar
      Mantra
      Gaming should not be taken too
    • 9y
      Klexicon avatar
      Klexicon Offline
      Member Joined 10y
      156 points Ranked 21103rd
      Posted by Phant0m

Posted by Klexicon

Thanks klexi , you should add a tutorial on making vids :) your flash ones sure rocked :)

Hah, thanks a lot :), I might do it. I might make some more flash ones too, I just need to think about what to make the videos over. heh.
      Mantra
    • 9y
      unknown_all avatar
      Member Joined 11y
      Posted by Klexicon

Posted by Phant0m

Posted by Klexicon

Hah, thanks a lot :), I might do it. I might make some more flash ones too, I just need to think about what to make the videos over. heh.

You should do the basics, then do a few more tuts on more advanced techniques (what ever they might be). Maybe do a whole series of them, where you provide them with footage to work with each time, and it builds up so they end up creating a whole frag vid? Hell, if you speak to Botch about this he might even consider paying you to do it!

Shareable Image:
    Share banner
    HTML embed code:
    BB embed code:
    Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Phant0m avatar
    Phant0m Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,256 points Ranked 3756th