Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Status Report

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Ahoy, maties! I know it's been a while since I've posted about anything remotely related to HLamp, and I apologize. Work on version 1.30 is almost complete, and there are several great new features to look forward to. I've improved the Auto-Pause system; it now allows you to pause/unpause on spawn/death or have the volume lower/raise on spawn/death. The installation instructions will also undergo a major overhaul. There will be pictures included with the readme now. Pictures mean good! Starting with HLamp 1.30, HLamp's source code will also be released. For you developers, the source code will include a set of useful utility functions for Half-Life as well as a Half-Life interface class that makes it easy to work with Half-Life. Releasing the source code was a difficult decision to make because there will undoubtedly be morons that take the code and change every instance of "Disk2" to "Ranger | Army H4x0r587". But I think the benefits to other coders out there outweigh those unfortunate consequences. So, I will leave you now with some screenshots of HLamp 1.30. They don't show too much and they are going to be changed a little before the release, but they'll give you a good idea of what to expect. Hopefully, if no major problems arise during the testing process, I will have something to release by the middle of this week. [block=HLamp 1.30 Screenshots>
[/block> Update: I've decided not to go with the GPL afterall. Other developers are free to use the source code, provided I get some credit in their project's readme. Under the GPL the developer would be required to release their software's source code, which I think is an unreasonable in the eyes of most developers.

Replies

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Disk2 avatar
Disk2 Joined 17y ago
723 points Ranked 42651st