Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Black Hawk Down

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

i just watched it again on VCD, the weapons are cool... Haunter do you consider making maps with ruins like in the movie... and the CL weapon made 1 hit killer or DoD damage... 1 or 2 hit from a automatic weapon and you are dead... then maybe a DoD style reinforcement play... players get to choose primary weapons sidearm are standard issues.... that way awp is useless as the guns are all very lethal... maybe the armor is made to eat pistol rounds, like 10 hp per shot and 20 armor point with a pistol shot... the FiveseveN and P90, as well as other rifles and lmg will go through the armor and kill the player...within 1 or 2 shots when a player is hit his speed and accuracy dramatically decreases and he start to bleed to death... maybe a M4 bullet will take you down to 20 hp, you bleed 5 hp per second before you die... hitting in the leg will cause your speed to slow down further, makes you unable to jump...(like normal height) also make a stamina bar so that when you are shot and tries to run ur stamina will decrease and slow you further... also make the zoom like DoD so that there will be less awp running around... m249 should not be deployable so that there will not be great advantage to a MG gunner... and HE should be 1 hit killer...with wider perimeter of damage ...like DoD flash bang should cause loss of hearing... as well as loss in accuracy...

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21830th
    access_time 17y
    Sounds good enough, with Toadsangst I ripped out the files and slammed them down in CL folders.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21194th
    access_time 17y
    um... YEAH!!!:D Have fun and remember to watch out for the Flames!!!:eek: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69816th
    access_time 17y
    Ha! i got it to work. i put the pak0.pak file into the CL folder then edited the liblist.gam a little. To do this: 1. Open the liblist.gam (the CL one) 2. look for a line that says 'startmap "c0a0"' 3. change "c0a0" to "map00" there you got it. everything works perfectly.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    What I did with it originaly (before Switcher came out) was backup the liblist.gam, pak0.pak and titles.txt (since the mod has certain credits etc.) in the CL folder, and then copy over the two files from eod folder. Even then had to cheat a bit in the beginning as a certain scripted sequence didn't work. After your breifing a door opens the holds a 9mm pistol (money in CL case) After picking it up another door is supposed to open with the HEV suit. However, for the same reason as in the Hazard Course, that door doesn't open. What I do is cheat to give myself a USP, noclip to get suit, pick up the two kevlar vests and then proceed. If Edge of Darkness doesn't work as a standalone mod then the file you got must be corrupted somehow. Try Downloading it again only 7.6 MB anyway... Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Do not open your pak files.
    What? How else is it possible to hook up with CL?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20192nd
    access_time 17y
    Do not open your pak files.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hmm just 7.6 mb? I will have to try it out. I use the old way of copying things into place. I will try to see if I can get it to work. G-man... Meet one pissed of player with a minigun!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    sonuva......... Does anyone else know whats wrong?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    :confused: No idea on that one, Edge of Darkness only has two files a liblist.gam and a pak file. Something must be wrong with the pak file since thats where all the miscellancous files are kept. Don't know exactly how one would fix that... Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    Ok, now another problem. It wont let me play it in CL or HL. Says it cannot locate gfx/palette.bmp.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    CL Switcher its in the downloads section lets you play CL with any SP map pack. Of course back in the day we had to copy files over manually which you can do to theres an explanation on how in the FAQ. Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    How did you get it to work with CL? It gives me HL weapons instead of CL weapons.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Its pretty old. The Vileplanet link is the only one that seems to work anymore. Download Edge of Darkness It may not be worth the wait but it is a great mod.:m249: If anything could always AIM or mail it to you since I have the zip somewhere in my HL directory. Also, IRL wouldn't getting shot say I dunno... KILL YOU!!!:roll: God the obvious consequence... besides wouldn't it actually throw you back from the force of the blow? I remember reading somewhere that that effect couldn't be coded in HL which is why they went for a slowing down. Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE In the SP mod Edge of Darkness (which is great to play with CL) your mission is to infiltrate the mountian lab and kill the g-man. Id rather not spoil how you kill him but it is pretty funny and damn enjoyable.;) Mow em down!:m249: Peace!:cool:
    WHAT??? GIVE ME THE LINK! I got a score to settle with that guy, many scores, some from Toadsangst 2 as well and OF and not to mention HL/CL and Blue-shift It is payback time!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    in real life getting shot anywhere will get you slow... maybe body hits makes player slower, but not as slow as when hit in the leg... -Let's not be too hyper realistic. The leg would do. :) if the armor manages to stop bullets... (e.g awp round stopped by helmet) the player will lose health and start recovering... that is if player does not have any flesh wound - Rifle bullets are proven that it could not penetrate helmets. In a gory way. Flessssssssssshhhhhh............................Coollllllddddddd.............. maybe consider bleeding in multi play to reduce chances of survivors with 1 hp... - A firearm clone? Maybe not........For the time being.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    In the SP mod Edge of Darkness (which is great to play with CL) your mission is to infiltrate the mountian lab and kill the g-man. Id rather not spoil how you kill him but it is pretty funny and damn enjoyable.;) Mow em down!:m249: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    I wanted that mother @#$*er dead when i saw him rearming that nuke. LET'S GET HIM SWEEPER!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well I just finished Opposing Force... the wanted price on G-man has risen from 5000000000000£ to 9000000000000£!!!!!! And it has laso changed from alive to: "AS DEAD AS MOTHER ****ING POSSIBLE!" Now that G-man is really pissing me off! Who wants him dead of you in here? I want him dead, even if I have to use the CL .dll though I hoped not too but anyways.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49493rd
    access_time 17y
    in real life getting shot anywhere will get you slow... maybe body hits makes player slower, but not as slow as when hit in the leg... if the armor manages to stop bullets... (e.g awp round stopped by helmet) the player will lose health and start recovering... that is if player does not have any flesh wound but if the pistol round hit the vest, he will get damage like 10 hp loss, as handgun rounds are as good as heavy punch to a body armor user direct hit are more damaging...and non-recovering damage... maybe consider bleeding in multi play to reduce chances of survivors with 1 hp...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Haunter do you consider making maps with ruins like in the movie... -I love to. But I do not know how to make maps. and the CL weapon made 1 hit killer or DoD damage... 1 or 2 hit from a automatic weapon and you are dead... then maybe a DoD style reinforcement play... players get to choose primary weapons sidearm are standard issues.... that way awp is useless as the guns are all very lethal... maybe the armor is made to eat pistol rounds, like 10 hp per shot and 20 armor point with a pistol shot... the FiveseveN and P90, as well as other rifles and lmg will go through the armor and kill the player...within 1 or 2 shots when a player is hit his speed and accuracy dramatically decreases and he start to bleed to death... maybe a M4 bullet will take you down to 20 hp, you bleed 5 hp per second before you die... hitting in the leg will cause your speed to slow down further, makes you unable to jump...(like normal height) also make a stamina bar so that when you are shot and tries to run ur stamina will decrease and slow you further... also make the zoom like DoD so that there will be less awp running around... m249 should not be deployable so that there will not be great advantage to a MG gunner... and HE should be 1 hit killer...with wider perimeter of damage ...like DoD flash bang should cause loss of hearing... as well as loss in accuracy... -That's quite alot of features there. Most of them are like some mod clones we all know and love. But I'm considering these few: 1) also make the zoom like DoD so that there will be less awp running around... 2) and the CL weapon made 1 hit killer or DoD damage... 1 or 2 hit from a automatic weapon and you are dead... 3) that way awp is useless as the guns are all very lethal... maybe the armor is made to eat pistol rounds, like 10 hp per shot and 20 armor point with a pistol shot... 4) hitting in the leg will cause your speed to slow down further, makes you unable to jump...(like normal height) 5) flash bang should cause loss of hearing... as well as loss in accuracy... Now the rundown: 1) Makes perfect sense. I hate snap shotters. Those players who peek, shoot you with the AW/M and zip back to cover. And you end up being the first spectator. 2) I think I'll decrease the armor ratio. Seems to be protecting the player too well. But I'll also consider the number of explosives you'll encounter in Half-Life 3) Same with 2). But most of the enemies(humans, mainly) uses ARs. Only Barneys use handguns. 4) Only when shot in the leg. Not anywhere else. 5) Also makes perfect sense. Flashbangs affects both your hearing and sight. Hence the name, FLASH-BANG.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Xianghua avatar
Xianghua Joined 17y ago