Richest merchant in OOO?

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Leprechaun points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

Okay, I found a rather nice item that sells for 21,500, but I don't know where I can sell this and get the amount that it is actually worth rather than just the money that the merchant has.. Most of the merchants in the IC only have <3,000, so I can't really sell it there to get what it is worth, where can I sell it? What is the richest merchant in the game with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul?

• 9y
    Klexicon avatar
    Klexicon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    156 points Ranked 20886th
    OOO added merchants =O? I didn't know this, all I thought it did was make it a hell of a lot harder. Since I haven't played oblivion in ages, I would check to see if there are any new custom towns from the mod, and check there.

(And we have the same game tastes xD)
    Mantra
  • 9y
    Swamp56 avatar
    Swamp56 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    880 points Ranked 5261st
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Well, what is your merchant level?
    It will have to be rather high like journeyman if you want to be able to sell something for such an amount of money.
  • 9y
    Leprechaun avatar
    Leprechaun Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    5,196 points Ranked 884th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Posted by Klexicon

OOO added merchants =O? I didn't know this, all I thought it did was make it a hell of a lot harder. Since I haven't played oblivion in ages, I would check to see if there are any new custom towns from the mod, and check there.

No, they didn't add new merchants, they changed how merchants worked though. If you sell something to the merchant, however much you sold it for is deducted from the merchant's total amount of money. Every day the merchants amount of money resets according to what they "sold" to towns people that morning or w/e. (It actually isn't OOO itself, but a mod that came with the OOO Omod file thingy and was an option when you loaded the OMOD file with oblivion mod manager.)

The problem is that when I go to a merchant, the item that I have is priced only at the merchants amount of money, which is usually around 3,000, and knowing this, I can sell it for much more at a merchant that has more money.. The item is worth 21,500..
    Mantra
  • 9y
    NAK93 avatar
    NAK93 avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    775 points Ranked 5878th
    I could probably make a custom merchant if you wanted?
    LOST series 5 (: avatar
    Mantra
    LOST series 5 (:
  • 9y
    Klexicon avatar
    Klexicon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by Leprechaun

Posted by Klexicon

No, they didn't add new merchants, they changed how merchants worked though. If you sell something to the merchant, however much you sold it for is deducted from the merchant's total amount of money. Every day the merchants amount of money resets according to what they "sold" to towns people that morning or w/e. (It actually isn't OOO itself, but a mod that came with the OOO Omod file thingy and was an option when you loaded the OMOD file with oblivion mod manager.)

The problem is that when I go to a merchant, the item that I have is priced only at the merchants amount of money, which is usually around 3,000, and knowing this, I can sell it for much more at a merchant that has more money.. The item is worth 21,500..

Ah gotcha, well gl finding one, I know there were plenty of times when I found an item worth like 6 times more than any merchant had, sorta frustrating.
    Mantra
  • 9y
    Leprechaun avatar
    Leprechaun Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    5,196 points Ranked 884th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Posted by Klexicon

Posted by Leprechaun

Posted by Klexicon

Ah gotcha, well gl finding one, I know there were plenty of times when I found an item worth like 6 times more than any merchant had, sorta frustrating.

I'm not quite looking for one with the full amount that the item is worth, I just want to get the most I can from the item.. lol.. I don't like cheating.. (I said I don't like cheating to tell people not to tell me to cheat.)
    Mantra
  • 9y
    truetrueevil avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    A 21 grand item sounds like an unbalanced mod eg cheat to me
    Bananite
  • 9y
    Klexicon avatar
    Klexicon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by truetrueevil

A 21 grand item sounds like an unbalanced mod eg cheat to me

No its not, a lot of stock items in the game are worth a lot, the task is finding a merchant with that much gold.
    Mantra
  • 9y
    blerb avatar
    blerb Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,444 points Ranked 3246th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    Your avatar is freakin me out dude.
    A million light reflections pa avatar
    Mantra
    A million light reflections pa
  • 9y
    paper_tigers avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    36,486 points Ranked 112th
    I've hardly ever found a huge use for money in that game. I just steal alchemy stuff, make potions, sell, repeat. My gold count is at 70000 something. I don't actually bother selling most things either.

But if you are really desperate, you could always use the console command to gain the amount of gold you would lose from selling such an item. example: You sell the item for 3000 when it is 21000. The amount you lost is 18000. Just put in the console "player.additem 0000000f "18000" (no quotes) and there you go, you get your moneys worth.
    Gotta Be Somebody's Blues avatar
    Mantra
    Gotta Be Somebody's Blues
  • 9y
    Das_Otto avatar
    Das_Otto Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by blerb

Your avatar is freakin me out dude.

Same with yours :P
    Metal is forever
  • 9y
    I don't know if you can do it because I'm master or whatever at merchant in the game. but I can invest in the store. I give them 500 Sepitms (currency is named that) and their maximum amount just rose by 500 Septims. Then I repeat that until they have enough money so I can sell the more expensive things. Like the 100% resistance to fire ring that I found in a cave somewhere. ^^
  • 9y
    Folstream avatar
    Folstream Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    The richest merchant in Vanilla Oblivion is The dark elf in the IC, the last thieves guild fence you get.
    Pardoned after a year avatar
    Mantra
    Pardoned after a year
  • 9y
    Mxmlln avatar
    Mxmlln Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    39,663 points Ranked 103rd
    I remember that being a huge issue.... I would raid dungeons and loot everything, steal from people's houses to get money and shit... but when I went to merchants I used to get nothing for my loot. Well, not what it was worth anyway :(
    Inactive

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Leprechaun avatar
Leprechaun Offline
Member Joined 11y