CSS won't launch

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Members see zero ads. Signup for free
Numerous people I've known have had this problem where the game runs fine for months, and then randomly the Loading screen for CSS that says "Launching CSS..." or whatever just fades away after awhile and doesn't actually open the game or go black or anything. It just "Launches" and goes away with no counter strike source. Restarting STEAM, the Game, the Computer did nothing. Reinstalling the game, STEAM then the game, did nothing. Weeping in a corner and shooting yourself with BB guns.. Did nothing. What else to be done? Has anyone got a solution? I've found numerous forums with the same problem, yet months old with no posts. Please, for the sake of beer and ice cream.. Help me.
  • Defrag avatar
    Defrag Joined 11y ago
    1,773 points Ranked 20984th
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    11y
    I managed to fix that same exact error, but exactly how, I can't fully remember. But, what I can tell you is how I managed to open the game at least. I went into steam-->clicked counter-strike source properties-->clicked set launch options button-->and typed in " -window ". Now, that will open the game in a window, but the drawback to that is if ever you want to run it full screen, then you'll have to reset it every time. See if that temperately fixes it for you, to permanently fix it I forgot what I did... I think it had something to do with my dxlevel within console, try checking that too. However, you're issue my be something completely different than mine. Hope that helps :D (let me know if it does) thx
    URL to post:
  • Dee-jay avatar
    Dee-jay Joined 11y ago
    11y
    Its a virus/bug that steam has been having the thing only thing u can really do is just deleat ur steam folder then go on from there
    I miss this site. avatar
    Mantra
    I miss this site.
    URL to post:
  • OwnT- avatar
    OwnT- Joined 11y ago
    16,114 points Ranked 321st
    11 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    11y
    Posted by littleD Its a virus/bug that steam has been having the thing only thing u can really do is just deleat ur steam folder then go on from there
    Um, no. I have it fixed, thanks. Any reason why you can tell me why you posted "Hello" on my profile then didnt reply back?
    Can't stop, won't stop.
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

OwnT- avatar
OwnT- Joined 11y ago
16,114 points Ranked 321st