Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CS_PACIFIC by DVD

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Well here is my submission for the contest...the scenario takes place at a resort hotel in Hawaii that is backed-up against a golf course. The ct's must storm the hotel (from the golf course) and rescue the hostages. The terrorists have tried to purchase some plutonium from the black market in hawaii, and when the deal goes sour, their only hope is to take some models hostage and blast their way out.

Replies

• DVD avatar
    DVD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish the map on time for the contest, but it's almost done and I didn't want to rush it. The screenshots are a bit dated...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    cs makes golf look fun! nice job i wanna fight on that course :m4: :mgw:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    another good contester, damn this contest is getting crowded ;)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Small_Sumo avatar
    Small_Sumo Joined 17y ago
    568 points Ranked 44389th
    access_time 17y
    Nice work the palms look great.
    broom headsweep!!!!1!!
    URL to post:
  • goodsleigher avatar
    goodsleigher Joined 17y ago
    2,193 points Ranked 20455th
    access_time 17y
    nice map, will dl when done
    Logout(); avatar
    Mantra
    Logout();
    URL to post:
  • Silentstriker avatar
    Silentstriker Joined 18y ago
    720 points Ranked 42686th
    access_time 17y
    awesome looking map. Yes I think it is a bit too open on the golf course.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • cable guy avatar
    cable guy Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    is it just me or should the plants down in the water be removed, or put in planter boxes or make a more built up fountain, with a center peice that has lots of plants in it ? and off to the left you should have one more plant, to keep it even, and also some sort of smaller ground cover around the plants so they don't look so randomly placed. and if you use those changes get rid of the plants in the water build a lip around the water to match the planter box and the big white statue forward and have water pouring out of it, maybe some lilly's in the water, and not sure if the hl engine can do this but some big fish in the water (koi) also the colors are a little funkie the shades should be grey like the lower walls, or the same green as the trim, the trim around the windows should be grey,white or a slightly darker brown then the upper walls with shutters as well, and maybe changing that weird green to a dark blue, or to be keeping with the spanish look you are going for a light peach, or textured tiles, and are you standing on a ledge of some sort or does that rail only come up tp your shins? if that is the case more plants(ferns) in pots and some candle scons or old fashion lanterns on the colums, to help break up how plain the textures are again pretty nice but a few minor problems why are the lights on it's day time ? the interior of the colums could use small lights of some kind(that match what ever you put in the other pic) and the colums should be more uniform in thickness as match the arches that way you don't have big chunkie peices hangin out, or make some kinda or curved peice to fill that in. The shurbs seem more like painted walls then plants try the same railing you used in the fountian pic and put a smaller version of the shurbs along the base on both sides or the railing(you could make the plants in the fountain pic like this 2 except smaller and wider to fill in the planter box and then bigger busher plants that you can hide behind) and at the corners of the railing make higher stone blocks that have lights on top, and then maybe get rid of the big lights too much green in the hallway this would never look like this in real life the ceiling needs to be white/tan/light cream color/peach(and not just here but everywhere), i doubt you will find a aqua green ceiling in any hotel try changing the green down low to that texture you use on the inside of the arch and change the side of the arch to match the new base, the inside of the arch should be the same color as the new ceiling color(do this in all the pics as well), also all colums should have that texture at the base of them, in fact maybe a stripe at the top and bottum of a few walls would not be bad idea either. The golf course looks good, maybe some fill at the bottum of the palm trees, and the outside cobblestones should be the same grey as the lower walls in the first pic
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Joy Of Posting avatar
    Joy Of Posting Joined 17y ago
    637 points Ranked 43541st
    access_time 17y
    ill put it on my server map rotation when its done :)
    Old School
    URL to post:
  • EtErNiTyU. avatar
    EtErNiTyU. Joined 17y ago
    288 points Ranked 51137th
    access_time 17y
    it kinda seems like the golf course is too long. Or am i wrong? It should be evened out how long it takes the CTs to get to the hotel and the Ts to get to the hosties or the front of the hotel/wherever the CTs would enter
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Dank avatar
    Dank Joined 17y ago
    2,656 points Ranked 19969th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    it look great but tell me were to dl it lol
    Devourer of souls avatar
    Mantra
    Devourer of souls
    URL to post:
  • monkonaut avatar
    monkonaut Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    pretty sweet! like the hawaiian pictures hehe
    SELL SELL FOOKING SELL
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    The 2nd skybox is nice, however, I don't think it would fit with the theme you already have established. Looks good though.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • DVD avatar
    DVD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Working on a couple of alternate skyboxes...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • DVD avatar
    DVD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    The golf course is just the ct spawn point...there won't be much action there actually...unless the ct's are flanked...but that will be rare. 90% of the fighting will be at the hotel...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LTF|Acid Eyez avatar
    LTF|Acid Eyez Joined 17y ago
    1,326 points Ranked 22366th
    access_time 17y
    COOL, but maybe too open on the golf course. Nice job though good luck
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner