Your skin video

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending ximx points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

While looking through hundreds of CS:S skins, i have noticed that only 5% of them have videos that show the skin in action. i figured the creators either didn't have time, or didn't have the right video making stuff(which is really easy to get, but whatever). But, i figured the creators of the skin would not mind to have a video made. So, for a while, i will be willing to make videos for YOUR skin. Of course, it will be at a slow rate, considering that i am only one person, but they will get made. I will be using Wegame, becaue i have found that it is the most useful in-game video taker. PM me your request, then give a link to your skin, then wait for the embed code to be PM'ed back. That easy. I WILL NOT be accepting skin video requests through the comments, as that is used for comments(durrr). If you are dis-pleased with your video, tell me, and i will take another. I will be sure to catch the reload anims, texture, and all the stuff that makes your skin special. Mabye this will spark more skin downloads, as people have something to look at before they download. Mabye some people will follow in my wake, and help, so mabye, in a distant future, almost all skins will have videos to match. Link for the Wegame website is below. http://www.wegame.com/ P.S.: Only CS:S and HL2 videos will be made. (its the only games i have >.<)

• 9y
    gamebrigada avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    209 points Ranked 17175th
    Videos aren't very important in the selection of a skin. You will most likely find a few of the ones you like, and cycle through them to find which you like most. You are welcome to make videos, but I think it would be a great waste of your time, since there are TONS of skins out there.
    I lol at life when it sucks. avatar
    Mantra
    I lol at life when it sucks.
  • 9y
    ximx avatar
    ximx Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    262 points Ranked 14538th
    Posted by gamebrigada

Videos aren't very important in the selection of a skin. You will most likely find a few of the ones you like, and cycle through them to find which you like most. You are welcome to make videos, but I think it would be a great waste of your time, since there are TONS of skins out there.

i have plenty of time
    trsut me
    I'm not hacking, I'm just Asia
  • 9y
    gamebrigada avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    209 points Ranked 17175th
    Well if you wanna waste your time making videos, then its your decision, If I were you I would take it as their mistake, and make my own skins AND HAVE VIDEOS go along with them.
    I lol at life when it sucks. avatar
    Mantra
    I lol at life when it sucks.
  • 9y
    ximx avatar
    ximx Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by gamebrigada

Well if you wanna waste your time making videos, then its your decision, If I were you I would take it as their mistake, and make my own skins AND HAVE VIDEOS go along with them.

im too retarded to make skins.
  • 9y
    Judo avatar
    Judo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    313,415 points Ranked 8th
    18 medals 4 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Judo Technical Expert
    I'm sorry, but if you're not going to use the proper method, you might as well not do it at all. (The proper method being Source Recorder.)

Besides, skins don't require videos. Animations, however, do, but those are completely different things.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
  • 9y
    YellowJello avatar
    YellowJello avatar Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    101,032 points Ranked 31st
    29 medals 2 legendary 6 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    Posted by Judo

I'm sorry, but if you're not going to use the proper method, you might as well not do it at all. (The proper method being Source Recorder.

Exactly. If it's a Valve game, use Source recorder. It's ten times better than any third party recorders that you will find.
    Jiggle Jiggle avatar
    Mantra
    Jiggle Jiggle
  • 9y
    ximx avatar
    ximx Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by YellowJello

Posted by Judo

I'm sorry, but if you're not going to use the proper method, you might as well not do it at all. (The proper method being Source Recorder.

Exactly. If it's a Valve game, use Source recorder. It's ten times better than any third party recorders that you will find.

i think i have tried that, and somehow i found wegame better, its easy, its good, and i love it.
  • 9y
    Rufus avatar
    Rufus Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Videos show skins badly. You cannot see the quality of a skin in a video. Screenshots are very important however. Well unless your submission got new custom animations a video is pointless, well unless you want to show what animations your submission got. If you'd make a video for one of my skins I wouldn't use it but sure it's nice of you to offer this to the people who wants it. I suggest you take good quality screenshots that shows of the skin instead for people who have failed to do so.

Posted by Judo

I'm sorry, but if you're not going to use the proper method, you might as well not do it at all. (The proper method being Source Recorder.)

Besides, skins don't require videos. Animations, however, do, but those are completely different things.

What does that matter lol? When you upload it to youtube it is impossible to tell what recorder you used unless the video is lagging.
    Facepunch sucks avatar
    Mantra
    Facepunch sucks
  • 9y
    -WildBill- avatar
    -WildBill- Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12,275 points Ranked 345th
    14 medals 3 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    As animator who is too technologically retarded to make my own videos this could be very useful. thanks for providing the service, i might pm you sometime soon if i need something :)
    Want realism? Go play outside.
  • 9y
    ximx avatar
    ximx Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by -WildBill-

As animator who is too technologically retarded to make my own videos this could be very useful. thanks for providing the service, i might pm you sometime soon if i need something :)

no problem!
  • 9y
    ximx avatar
    ximx Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Bump
  • 9y
    KaT_FisH avatar
    KaT_FisH Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    37,686 points Ranked 106th
    Don't bump a thread every hour. Especially if it is a double post and even moreso if you don't have anything to contribute to the thread.
    <3 <3 <3 avatar
    Mantra
    <3 <3 <3
  • 9y
    ximx avatar
    ximx Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Bump

Shareable Image:
Share banner