Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Oildrum Question - A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Well I'm making a trap in my deathrun map where the explosive oildrum barrels come down a hill and you have to dodge them and if you touch one you they explode and you die. Problem is I set break on touch on the prop_physics flag for the oildrum but when u touch it it doesnt break I also tried to parent a func_button to the barrel so that when you touch the button that is attached to the oildrum it is set to break but that didnt work. Can someone please help me.
  • Sammonds avatar
    Sammonds Joined 13y ago
    919 points Ranked 42,776th
    13y
    To make the barrel explode, surround the barrel with a trigger_once, and parent it to the barrel. in outputs for the trigger_once, put: My output named: OnTrigger Targets Entities Named: (barrel name) via this input: break this will cause the barrel to explode when touched.( I tested it, it works) set the explosion damage to about 400, and radius to 100. and if you want it to not explode when shot, set the minimum damage to hurt to 1000 or higher. I shot it with the AWP and it did nothing. you can also do this with other objects to make IEDs, if you want to. I hope this was helpful
    the bird is the word.
    URL to post: