Your favorite civ?

A Forum Thread for Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending FEDx points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Hi people, I just wanted to know which one is your favorite civ in Age of Empires, and also post which tactic you use with your civ. Personally, I like many civs, but my favorite civs are: -Mongols: One of the top civs in AOE, I just love cavalry archers, and the Mangudai is just the best of all, and Mongols also have the best Hussars in the game. -Saracens: I just love them, the Mameluke is one of the top 5 Unique Units, they excel at the seas and have an amazing feature, the market costs are better -Aztecs: Another of the top civs in the game, free loom, military units produced faster and villagers gather more resources, who needs more? They also have the best champion, and the best monks in the game. I also like the Celts because of their amazing siege weapons, and their super fast Woad Raider.

• 9y
    In aoe2 i think it were the britains, the longbows were pretty good
    Ill cut you down
  • 9y
    NightStalker avatar
    NightStalker avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    94,738 points Ranked 35th
    15 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Teutons, because the Teutonic Knights are one of the most powerful melee classes in the entire game, even if they are slow as hell, and because you left them off the list. >:(
    Pretty Much Amazing
  • 9y
    unknown_all avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    The Byzantines have the best unique unit in the game, which also happens to be the best Cavalry in the game too. Gotta love the Byzantines,
  • 9y
    S.T.A.R.S Punisher avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    252 points Ranked 15146th
    The Persians.
    Blaarrg.
  • 9y
    FEDx avatar
    FEDx Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    4,520 points Ranked 1018th
    Posted by NightStalker

Teutons, because the Teutonic Knights are one of the most powerful melee classes in the entire game, even if they are slow as hell, and because you left them off the list. >:(

It sint listed because I cant add 18 options to vote for.
    Open-Source fanatic
  • 9y
    Majinalchemy avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    OH! Teutons. Teutonic Knights look so damn cool!

With the cape and everything...

Where are Teutons?!
    Kickin' ass and taking names!
  • 9y
    Smooth Dawg avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    537 points Ranked 8252nd
    7 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    I use the vikings the must, not because they may have been better then the others but because I play with them with a certain proudness since I'm norweagian :D
    Non timebo mala avatar
    Mantra
    Non timebo mala
  • 9y
    FEDx avatar
    FEDx Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    4,520 points Ranked 1018th
    Posted by Ekic

One thing that's a bit of a paradox is the carrying limits on villagers. Say for some civs when the villagers are maxed out upgraded, they will carry over 60 meat! No kidding. Now, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I would say bad thing. It will take loads longer before you get any meat, meaning that you'll be in half of production stop until that load comes in. Then sure, compensate with more groups of hunters and it will work out perfectly, but still.. Nobody likes waiting.

For me favorite civilization though, would be Mongols, Japanese or Byzantines, depending one what I'm facing.

Well, the aztec carrying bonus has a good effect only with farmers, hunters and wood cutters, but gold ad stone miners only carry more but also spend more time. Making farms with aztecs is a must because its carrying bonus makes them carry food from farms 11% faster and they aslo carry more.
    Open-Source fanatic

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

FEDx avatar
FEDx Offline
Member Joined 10y