Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

So my ISP is pissing me off...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

OK. i have been using a verzion EV-DO card for my desktop and xbox for quite some time now. it has given me little satisfaction, but hey, its alot better than damned dial up (which i used to have) So heres the deal. i go through this whole big thing with a local dsl company because im sick and tired of having 100+ ping and slow as crap upload speeds. They told me i was A QUARTER OF A MILE out of reach. i was like WTF!??! Cant make that much of a difference in speeds! After several hors on the phone i got to talk with one of the head persons. He told me that there was no way that i could get any other form of high speed internet besides satellite, and he gave me a few choices of that. I told him that satellite is going to give me the same preformance as i have now. I had a feeling that this guy did not know much of what he was talking about so i decided to post here for once. Do you guys think there is any way for me to get dsl or any type of landline high speed internet?? (by the way, im the last one on our street and the only one without cable, we use satellite.) What can i do about this?

Replies

• Buck. avatar
    Buck. Joined 12y ago
    238 points Ranked 53343rd
    access_time 11y
    Yeah, same problem with me. i live maybe 50 yards from high speed lines and i dont get it......sucks. I'm on one-way cable..
    Buck. avatar
    Mantra
    Buck.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author