Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Weapon Setups

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hey everybody, I'm new in the CL community; I only downloaded it on Sunday, but I'm already almost to Apprehension. I like CL. :) Anyway, I was curious as to what weapon setups people like. Since you can only carry one weapon from each category (two from rifles, of course, one assault and one sniper) you have to carefully choose your weapon loadout so that you can be effective no matter your situation. My preferred loadout is this: PISTOL: Glock SHOTGUN: Pumper SMG: P90 AR: SG552 SR: AWP MG: M249 I often modify this for variety (for example, I sometimes use AK in place of SG552). However, I try not to use two weapons that share ammo, like a USP and a Mac10. This way I always have plenty of bullets in case I go a long stretch between chargers.

Replies

1-50 of 70
Pages
Go to page:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21839th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Actually, if you were to change the values of the HL weapons in the skill.cfg, it would not affect them in MP. But I'm not putting the damage for the weapons into the skill.cfg. Because I have other plans.:D Come to think of it. I haven't lock any threads ever since I became moderator. Maybe I should start!:D Just kidding folks!
    And I haven't been calling Haunter an assy moderator since I came here. Maybe I should start? Just kidding Haunter... Why not? I know and I think that HL ignoring thoose values for MP is OK, But if they were to work in MP at least put a demand that they must have the same .cfg's
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20206th
    access_time 17y
    As a matter of fact, yes. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69953rd
    access_time 17y
    What ideas could the AUG with 42 rounds thing give you? do we have to wait till june to find out?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Actually, if you were to change the values of the HL weapons in the skill.cfg, it would not affect them in MP. But I'm not putting the damage for the weapons into the skill.cfg. Because I have other plans.:D Come to think of it. I haven't lock any threads ever since I became moderator. Maybe I should start!:D Just kidding folks!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49545th
    access_time 17y
    if CL is going to have multiplay mode, then the weapon capacity and damage should not be user's customized... imagine a mp game where the xm1014 have 250 rounds in mag... and glock with awp class damage... or para with awp damage and zoom features and 250 rounds capacity..... being able to adjust the health and damage done by the monsters is good enough.... cos CL guns really do a lot of damage, see hard mode is the hardest already but it is a piece of cake with CL's damage weapons.... also, im concerned about multi play of CL... it should not be competitive mod like CS... players tend to hack and cheat.... CL should be a cooperative mod.... cos if they want competitive mod there is CS... but i still think sticking to single play is best... cos monsters dont cheat, scold and hack.... if CL is not going to be multiplay mod, then the gun config is okay....
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52761st
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Sweeper Isn't it possible to make an external .cfg with weapon values? Like guns.cfg where damage and clip size, second functions ETC so we have to edit it ourselves. Just more power to the user;)
    I think that's a great idea! :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Yep. Because there are hundreds of user made models for CS. Imagine, I would have to scour every CS skins webpage to find all models, good or bad, and code them into CL. I have to constantly do this everyday to make sure nothing is missing. Phew! Talk about hard work. Of course, I'm not doing that. I have other plans.
    Isn't it possible to make an external .cfg with weapon values? Like guns.cfg where damage and clip size, second functions ETC so we have to edit it ourselves. Just more power to the user;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yep. Because there are hundreds of user made models for CS. Imagine, I would have to scour every CS skins webpage to find all models, good or bad, and code them into CL. I have to constantly do this everyday to make sure nothing is missing. Phew! Talk about hard work. Of course, I'm not doing that. I have other plans.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Did I? Come to think of it, it did slipped my mind. Your 'Aug with 42 rounds' seems to give me an idea. I'll have to put this to good use. Meanwhile, I need to solder a few items. Things are about to heat up.
    it gave me an idea too. let players choose thier own clip size in SP to fit thier custom models. Somehow i dont think it will work very well though.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Did I? Come to think of it, it did slipped my mind. Your 'Aug with 42 rounds' seems to give me an idea. I'll have to put this to good use. Meanwhile, I need to solder a few items. Things are about to heat up.
    Solder? Electronics? You should get yourself an AMD Athlon XP and solder the L1's.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Did I? Come to think of it, it did slipped my mind. Your 'Aug with 42 rounds' seems to give me an idea. I'll have to put this to good use. Meanwhile, I need to solder a few items. Things are about to heat up.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    Haunter, will you extend the AUG mag to 42 rounds? I brought this up before but you rejected it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21204th
    access_time 17y
    While your at it make usable bipods for sniper rifles and the M249 like the MGs in DoD. That would rock balancing the M249 on something to get better accuracy and mow down a whole buncha grunts.:m249: Would be cooler if we could get prone too *hint *hint;) Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I love hacking weapons if i have the knowledge. Heck, I'll create my own M16 with scope, silencer and grenade launcher as my primary and a Deagle with a silencer and a scope as my secondary. Then I'll code my very own custom version and play from dusk to dawn. Ah, life. It isn't fair sometimes. SO GET USED TO IT! :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52761st
    access_time 17y
    I've just finished Apprehension for about the 10th time with this mod, and my loadout was: Bare fists (knife replacement) Titanium Desert Eagle (Deagle reskin) Silenced Glock 18 Auto-pistol (TMP replacement) Sawed-off Remington 870 shotgun (M3 replacement) A scruffy M16 (M4A1 replacement) My very own IMI Galil custom (SG552 replacement) My very own AUG with drum mag (M249 replacement) AMP DSR-1 (AWM/P replacement) CL is fun by default, but custom models make it even better, and your own specially hacked models make it utterly sublime! :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    ICE is just a variable name. You can use other names like buck, weapslot, etc.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    ICE? What does it to C++ code? Is it like a term described somewhere else in your Source? I have looked over some of it and Int is familiar thing, need to get the C++ book.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    How can I be the best if I let my secrets out? :) Ok, ok. Look here:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Tell me about it. When fixing the weapon buckets, it was a hell of a job. But since I found out the secret, no problems.
    Please spill the secret to your fellow CL players.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Tell me about it. When fixing the weapon buckets, it was a hell of a job. But since I found out the secret, no problems.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter I said IF I get the money sprite working. Because that damn thing uses part of the HL engine and we all know the HL engine has limitations. If it's possible, I will try to make it a 6 digit figure.
    Some CS style? Well that means sprites that can go wrong, believe me, it is not fun.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I said IF I get the money sprite working. Because that damn thing uses part of the HL engine and we all know the HL engine has limitations. If it's possible, I will try to make it a 6 digit figure.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Don't worry. All CVARs I have added are still in. When I figure out the money sprite, I think there is going to be limitations. As for more handguns, you have so much fire power to make the strongest army beg for mercy and you still want an extra handgun? Consider it done. In June.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO! All thoose beatiful money! I must defend them! I will not let you take them!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    UnDeR_FiRe has reached his 100th post! Congrats! Welcome to the community!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Don't worry. All CVARs I have added are still in. When I figure out the money sprite, I think there is going to be limitations. As for more handguns, you have so much fire power to make the strongest army beg for mercy and you still want an extra handgun? Consider it done. In June.
    Right on!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by ttam 2 pistols would b good and u could have it so fire shoots pistol 1 and alt fire shoots pistol 2 but that would cause things like the glock's alt fire not to work but yeah that would b an awesome thing to have
    I didn't mean (nor do I think Haunter means) that you could carry two different pistols akimbo. How would that work as most models all have two hands holding the gun? It look weird if we used available models and it came out like you have 4 arms... I just meant you could carry two different pistols the same way you carry two different rifles now. Just clearing that up...:m249: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Don't worry. All CVARs I have added are still in. When I figure out the money sprite, I think there is going to be limitations. As for more handguns, you have so much fire power to make the strongest army beg for mercy and you still want an extra handgun? Consider it done. In June.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by UnDeR_FiRe sweet! now i can have an automatic sniper rifle, and apache killing power!
    Yeahaa more guns, more power, worse AA artillery for Apaches. Haunter: Will the old command for total carry amount remain? I like having it at 300000!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    2 pistols would b good and u could have it so fire shoots pistol 1 and alt fire shoots pistol 2 but that would cause things like the glock's alt fire not to work but yeah that would b an awesome thing to have
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    Good enough for me, but i think 2 pistols shpuld have ben added first.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    The reason is this: You have so much darn money that I decided to make full use of it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter *Why is UnDeR_FiRe so freaking smart? *Next hint.
    sweet! now i can have an automatic sniper rifle, and apache killing power!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hmmm holding two sniper rifles... but if you already carry the AWP why would you bother with anything else? The only thing I ever use the sniper rifles for are the Xen Masters, Those energy crystals in the Nihalanth's Lair, and the Apache/ Tanks. Except maybe in Xen the extra weapon could help, but it would just draw ammo from your AK-47/ Aug/ M4/ Sig ammo. I don't see any grand advantage to lugging around an extra rifle. I think it would be much more desirable to increase the power on Psg-1 and G3/Sg-1 to make them decent Apache killers. They're so low powered as it is anyway... What would be cool and kinda make sense with the advent of Dualies, would be to carry 2 different pistols (since technically you have two holsters) or 1 set of Dual Berretas. That would be cool carrying a Deagle and Silenced USP.:m249: O but I remembered "Ace is always wrong and no one listens to him." Well taking from that I also suggest you give the player a max health of 2, no armor, can carry a knife and 1 grenade, and multiply the health of all enemies by x1,000! That would r0x0r0z H4rDC0r3! Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    *Why is UnDeR_FiRe so freaking smart? *Next hint.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    Maybe you can hold 2 sniper rifles?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    What of my CT favorite the SG-550? Will he be left out in the cold?:( :m249: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Seems like you guys are having fun. I'm having more! Because coming next Beta, the *G3SG1 will be the next good friend of the AWP. *- hint;)
    More money per kill? More power? Higher ROF? Or the old 1.0 ability to assault with it? Last one is my favourite.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Seems like you guys are having fun. I'm having more! Because coming next Beta, the *G3SG1 will be the next good friend of the AWP. *- hint;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    deagle for power and 57 for clip capacity. i also use the usp sometimes too. shotty: both of them work for me. never use them till i get to xen though. SMG: p90. fast rate of fire but inaccurate if you spray.also Wastes ammo like there's no tomarrow. Second choice, UMP. powerful and conserves ammo nicely. rifles: usually m4. very accurate and doesnt have insane recoil. either of the scoped rifles work for me. I would use the AUG if it had a standard clip. sniper: scout until i find apaches. Then its the AWM for the rest of the game. I use other weapons just to try something different, but those are my weapons of choice.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Eh...just so I don't feel left out: Pistol: 5-7 is the best, I think. Highly accurate and does good damage. I use the USP though, due to it using different ammo than my favorite SMG. Shotgun: Either. I switch back and forth. There's nothing more entertaining than jumping around a corner and taking out and alien while in mid-air with one shot. Unless, you run at it pumping shot after shot from the auto shotty. :m249: SMG: P90 hands down. High rate of fire, pretty accurate if you know where it goes and large clip make for a nice package. The zoom (which I didn't find out about until late in the game) is just an added bonus. Rifles: AK-47 and Sig 552 are my choices. Mainly because they use different ammo so I know I have another assault rifle to choose from should I run out of ammo for one. Sniper Rifle: Arctic Warfar Magnum mainly because it's great against the Apaches. (A pistol can take out a tank, btw :P) MG: Duh! Para. I've changed weapons from time to time, but these are my standards. I've made it to the Nihilanth after killing everything and still had ammo for most of my guns, including the AWM. :)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • UltimaGecko avatar
    UltimaGecko Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Das Messer über alles! ...heh, well maybe not. DE, might be a 5-7 now MP5 pump shotty AK 47, gotta love the russian weapons Aug awp, after having lots of fun with my scout and the only machine gun in the game
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Damn I must be on drugs lately... I went to check and sure enough I bought an Ak-47 & Aug/ M4 & Sig 552 combo. Coulda sworn it didn't work before though...:confused: Well Dualies still Sux0r0z!*O.o I have no point... Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    access_time 17y
    You can hold rifles from opposite teams. make sure you have enough money.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Haunter: Cl.dll dated December 2002/ Readme in CL directory dated November 2002 Wampyrus: I dunno Im too lazy to go actually check on the P228. I remember it being 5 shots maybe Im thinking the glock... Dualies: Why use twin 9mms in CQB when you have the Super 90/ XM1014? Rifles: I know you can hold 1 rifle and 1 scoped rifle. I said that I can't hold 1 rifle of either class from opposite teams at the same time. I.E. Ak-47 & Aug/ M4a1 & Sig 552 combos aren't allowed. Sweeper: The P90 is accurate enough in zoomed mode and can also be switched normal sights to "spray and pray" at large groups of grunts/ vortagaunts, which I always find funny.:m249: Although mp5 sd still good for stealth missions like I said... Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Wampyrus in hard mode, the p228 can take out a headcrab with 1 hit... how on earth you aim ? and i think you got older betas, cos CL 4.3 YOU CAN hold 1 assault rifle (AK and M4) AND 1 scoped assault rifle... (sg552 and AUG) mp5 over perform p90, mp5 in CL is still better in accuracy... berettas are inaccurate, that's why i say CQB.... Close Quarter Battle
    Mp5 I have never managed to stick with. I prefer the P90, not so much reloading.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    in hard mode, the p228 can take out a headcrab with 1 hit... how on earth you aim ? and i think you got older betas, cos CL 4.3 YOU CAN hold 1 assault rifle (AK and M4) AND 1 scoped assault rifle... (sg552 and AUG) mp5 over perform p90, mp5 in CL is still better in accuracy... berettas are inaccurate, that's why i say CQB.... Close Quarter Battle
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Look at the date of the cl.dll and the date the readme.txt was updated. If both dates are not too far from each other, then it should be OK. Otherwise, you are using the old cl.dll.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well fine then... Note to Self: ACE is always wrong. Keep comments to self... Also: 1.) I have version/ beta 4.3 and every time I try to buy an AK-47 when Im holding an aug it says "You already have a rifle!" If I buy an aug, throw it away, buy an AK-47, and then try to pick up the aug I can't. Vice versa for the Siggy/ M4a1. 2.) I stand by my opinion of the Sig P228 and its low power. 3.) Deagle pwns 5.7 4.) P90 won't waste .50 ammo. 5.) Dualies still inaccurate but look cool. So Booyah!:m249: Didn't I just say Im keeping comments to myself...:confused: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    1.) Sig P228= useless it takes 5 shots to kill a headcrab! .357 in CL must be about 1mm in real life... -5 shots ? can you aim ? 2.) Dualies= Look cool but way to inaccurate. I prefer to take down an enemy somewhere in the first 3 shots not the first 30... -if you want a large capacity pistol for CQB, that is the option and pls AIM before shooting, dont shoot the air 3.) Mac 10/ TMP= Both my models are silenced fr these but I don't use em since they waste tons of ammo. The clip empties in around 3 seconds and then how will you take on the other 3 human grunts? -i dont use them either, but for fun you can use them (they are known as 'water gun' in Singapore) 4.) 5.7= Ok this one I like. The 5.7 is awesome in CL and is the only handgun that is represented well beside the USP and Deagle. 1 Headshot kills a Vort and between 10-12 rounds to the belly or 7-8 headshot kills an Alien grunt so its pretty useful throughtout. Problem is it takes up P90 ammo. -FiveseveN has bigger power than deagle, and 20 round capacity. and better gun ? 5.) UMP= This is a good gun. I use it fairly often in CS but in CL its slow ROF and recoil throw it off too much against multiple opponents. Id take an mp5 sd over this any day. -it saves ammo, but nothing good esle, get mp5 6.) P90= R0x0r0z especially with the extra zoom function. Thanks Haunter! -it have poor accuracy at burst, and wastes fiveseven bullet... get mp5 7.) Scout/ G3/-Sg-1/ SG-550= All nearly useless since there are few long range sniper engagements in HL, and you basicaly need the awp to get past anything armored (tanks, apaches, Nihlanth). Also the P-90, Sig 552, and Aug basically fill the sniper role. -scout is useless, the G3 and 550 are great, use it unzoom at close range, it saves you more bullets if you are using M4 or AK 8.) Para= Aside from incredibly large targets like the Gonarch and Nihalanth I don't see much use for the Para either. Again its inacuracies and high recoil shorten its life as an effective "throughout the game" weapon so I mostly save it for bosses or places where theres alot of grunts in some kinda choke point. -get this off, wastes bullet and poor accuracy, it is the last gun i will use 9.) Ak-47= ditto for Para -it packs a lot of damage, and more inaccurate than m249 use it for unzoom sniping... get a m4a1 10.) Wait a sec how come some of you are using an AK-47/Aug or Colt/Sg-552 combination? The game won't allo you to take rifles from opposite teams?! Unless I missed Beta 5 somehow... -this is CL, not CS. WAKE UP ! Peace!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    cl_dropmoney? -_-*
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner