Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Screenshots for Beta 1.6 you might w...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Here are some screenshots for all of you who has less than a 256K modem. Some of these appear interesting.

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21767th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Must try Global...............
    Only the AI is bad on Global otherwise it is good.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20167th
    access_time 17y
    Must try Global...............
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I guess I will need CS to make CL operate, no other reason for me to have it. Global Ops have taken its place filling more wishes than CS did.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    That's why I took the screenshot. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Silentstriker man, inferno looks wayyyyy different now. I think it even looks kinda gay like that.. they have been changing maps, but ya know. After you play for a while you just dont care about it, just care about how many baddies you can get b4 u die
    :mgw: :m4: :m249: :apc: :sig552: :aug: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Silentstriker avatar
    Silentstriker Joined 18y ago
    720 points Ranked 42590th
    access_time 17y
    man, inferno looks wayyyyy different now. I think it even looks kinda gay like that.. they have been changing maps, but ya know. After you play for a while you just dont care about it, just care about how many baddies you can get b4 u die
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Stupid question but have you ever played the Global Warfare mod? Minus the weapon select features and shiny etxras it sounds like exactly the same gameplay. get a weapon and equipment, get in chopper/ APC, go to combat zone, kill off other guys and their transport, and accomplish the mission. No?:confused: O and I won't be getting it anytime soon anyway. Just pre-ordered C&C Generals being the Westwood Wh0re that I am.:D 10min? You must live in a tiny apartment inside one of Valves server machines... Peace!:cool:
    You start IN the car and then you can buy! Yes I HAVE Global Warfare mod. With bots. It isn't the same, still you might have to wait on transport if you are dead too early. Might take a minute at the most if you are unlucky. But thats when I buy and sell guns for fun.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Mine is at 12am, Singapore time. How great! I'm using ADSL 256k. Playing CS on local servers let me have latency ranging from 20 - 110. 110 is when on lousy servers.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21145th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by 5chaap2k nope but i do have a good connection here (ADSL 7800kbps down 512kbps up) and it was @ 4:00am :D in the afternoon i couldn't even play the damn game :D
    4AM? Figures...*O.o Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE Stupid question but have you ever played the Global Warfare mod? Minus the weapon select features and shiny etxras it sounds like exactly the same gameplay. get a weapon and equipment, get in chopper/ APC, go to combat zone, kill off other guys and their transport, and accomplish the mission. No?:confused: O and I won't be getting it anytime soon anyway. Just pre-ordered C&C Generals being the Westwood Wh0re that I am.:D 10min? You must live in a tiny apartment inside one of Valves server machines... Peace!:cool:
    nope but i do have a good connection here (ADSL 7800kbps down 512kbps up) and it was @ 4:00am :D in the afternoon i couldn't even play the damn game :D
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Sweeper No... More like FA (firearms meets CS.) I have ditched CS completly, you need to patch it though, some ugly sniper bug is present. Take the best from CS and what you have missed, then add the best features from FA (Fire select switch for example) and voila Global Op, I liked it. And that you can buy gun upgrades is indeed funny.
    Stupid question but have you ever played the Global Warfare mod? Minus the weapon select features and shiny etxras it sounds like exactly the same gameplay. get a weapon and equipment, get in chopper/ APC, go to combat zone, kill off other guys and their transport, and accomplish the mission. No?:confused: O and I won't be getting it anytime soon anyway. Just pre-ordered C&C Generals being the Westwood Wh0re that I am.:D 10min? You must live in a tiny apartment inside one of Valves server machines... Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter I tried that. N.O.T.H.I.N.G greeted my face. But I deleted Steam Beta 2 and no, I'm not going to wait for another 5 hrs to download CS.
    5hrs?? u on 33k8 ?? :D :P took me 10 min's last night :D
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I tried that. N.O.T.H.I.N.G greeted my face. But I deleted Steam Beta 2 and no, I'm not going to wait for another 5 hrs to download CS.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter The models aren't in my hard drive. It's somewhere in one of Valve's servers. So I guess the Galil and FAMAS have to wait. Sorry guys!
    try looking in your program files\steam\steamcache\counter-strike folder ;)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by {C~K}ACE I didn't get Global Operations because I read the review and previews of it and it sounded exactly like a commercial version of the Global Warfare mod for HL. Is it really like that?:confused: Peace!:cool:
    No... More like FA (firearms meets CS.) I have ditched CS completly, you need to patch it though, some ugly sniper bug is present. Take the best from CS and what you have missed, then add the best features from FA (Fire select switch for example) and voila Global Op, I liked it. And that you can buy gun upgrades is indeed funny.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I didn't get Global Operations because I read the review and previews of it and it sounded exactly like a commercial version of the Global Warfare mod for HL. Is it really like that?:confused: Peace!:cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yes, you got system for it, I have finished the game, had to switch to easy on one level, the enemies line was too hard. And we tried the 7000$ Machine gun with 995$ 200 round mag still we ran out of ammo before the area. Difficult but we managed it in the end.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Global Operations. Maybe I should try that out.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    CL is a CS custom thingie. Actually, I have put CS on the shelf. Playing Global Operations now. You should look at theit G-11.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I don't have limitless potential. If I have, I wouldn't have to wait for CS 1.6 because I'LL create my own custom version.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Pseudocode avatar
    Pseudocode Joined 17y ago
    3,103 points Ranked 3057th
    access_time 17y
    My employers and I both agree that you have limitlessss potential. Don't let Valve hold you back.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Tempting, but 'you'll just have to wait after the experiment.'
    /me gives Haunter a paper that says: "EXPERIMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED! Due to top secret reasons todays experiment has been cancelled! Signed: The President. There ya have it, now it is OK to proceed.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Tempting, but 'you'll just have to wait after the experiment.'
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter That would be consider stealing abit as the models are not officially released by Valve. They got them stored somewhere in their servers so that if you were to connect, you would borrow the models temporarily(Pardon my spelling).
    Who cares? You credit them, you do a free release. They can't blame you at all. It is fully legal, Valve can go to bed.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    That would be consider stealing abit as the models are not officially released by Valve. They got them stored somewhere in their servers so that if you were to connect, you would borrow the models temporarily(Pardon my spelling).
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Nothing. Nothing else in the in the folder except the bugged mp.dll of Counter-Strike. Remember, Valve consists of many talented people whose skills I cannot compare with. They might have thought of a way of doing things we don't know. That's why we have Steam(Beta), the VGUI 2.0 and other stuff. Speaking of which, the VGUI 2.0's console is EXTREMELY different from the present one. It's a little user friendlier. So like if you were to type 'cl_' it will list every command starting with it. Type further, 'cl_side', the console will narrow down the list. If you REALLY want to try out the FAMAS, download LoneWolf's version of it. Except for the shooting animation the rest of it are similar to the original by 80%. Galil? Forget it. No other model can compare it.
    Still the models have to get to your PC. A metemod can possibly emulate CS and recieve theese only to store them on the HD.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Nothing. Nothing else in the in the folder except the bugged mp.dll of Counter-Strike. Remember, Valve consists of many talented people whose skills I cannot compare with. They might have thought of a way of doing things we don't know. That's why we have Steam(Beta), the VGUI 2.0 and other stuff. Speaking of which, the VGUI 2.0's console is EXTREMELY different from the present one. It's a little user friendlier. So like if you were to type 'cl_' it will list every command starting with it. Type further, 'cl_side', the console will narrow down the list. If you REALLY want to try out the FAMAS, download LoneWolf's version of it. Except for the shooting animation the rest of it are similar to the original by 80%. Galil? Forget it. No other model can compare it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter The models aren't in my hard drive. It's somewhere in one of Valve's servers. So I guess the Galil and FAMAS have to wait. Sorry guys!
    Hmm but then you will need 10 mbit to play the animations... Unless they are stored temporary at your RAM or HD, If so, what can a metamod do?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    The models aren't in my hard drive. It's somewhere in one of Valve's servers. So I guess the Galil and FAMAS have to wait. Sorry guys!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    You have it? Oh well start ripping the models, they can't blame you if you thank them and credit them and do not charge cash for it. Friggin gun names, I got to spend minutes editing titles.cfg
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Apart from the new guns, the dual berettas are the only weapons with the new hands having new hand texture. The knife retains its old one. Haven't tried the 57, SG550 and UMP yet. Overall: Since I'm in Singapore, the connection DOES take a long time. In fact, Steam extremely buggy. But good score for the VGUI 2. I really had a fun time running around aztec and inferno. Alone. And yes it's true, planting the bomb and letting it blown gives the planter/bomber 3 points. I haven't tried hostage rescue yet. Galil and FAMAS? Let's say they are quickly becoming part of Counter-Life. BUT I don't have the models. So maybe later.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    This is to tell you to change your buying script.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    This is the FAMAS' spread. The tightly packed is the burst fire. I shot it once. The other is full auto all the way.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Haunter avatar
Haunter Joined 18y ago