Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Custom doors

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
Ok, iv been messing with hammer for a couple of days and iv started my first map and im already getting cocky :D Heres where i'm stuck. I created a 'door 03 slotted left' door and copied its exact size as a brush, i then copied and pasted it and rotated one of them 180 degrees and pushed them 2gether for double doors, i then put glass in the top half of dorr and made it breakable. and also added a breakable decal to the glass so it looks like an etched decal on the glass, and it works, they break as 1. BUT... because they are only brushes they dont swing open, a n00b mistake i know. and iv fiddles about and cant figure it out, i need to make my doors swing open, but i want the glass and decal to swing with it as 1 and the glass 2 still be breakable. Is this possible and if so how do i do it? thanks if you can help guys.

Replies

• KaT_FisH avatar
    KaT_FisH Joined 13y ago
    37,686 points Ranked 114th
    access_time 11y
    URL to post:
  • Crazypip666 avatar
    Crazypip666 username pic Joined 13y ago
    39,310 points Ranked 105th
    16 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 11y
    You can't parent a decal to anything, and the glass may or may not cause problems. You may need to shoot the glass before the doors will actually open.
    BAD WOLF avatar
    Mantra
    BAD WOLF
    URL to post:
  • touche126 avatar
    touche126 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Well I did it after much head scratching and they parented fine, they both move as 1 before and after galss is broken and all is fine with that BUT.. it opens wrong... instead of opening like a normal door as if on hiinges it just spins on itself as if on a swivel, does any1 know how to make it open from the side istead of the centre??
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • KaT_FisH avatar
    KaT_FisH Joined 13y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by touche126 Well I did it after much head scratching and they parented fine, they both move as 1 before and after galss is broken and all is fine with that BUT.. it opens wrong... instead of opening like a normal door as if on hiinges it just spins on itself as if on a swivel, does any1 know how to make it open from the side istead of the centre??
    Change the origin (That little circle on the entity) to the side of the door.
    <3 <3 <3 avatar
    Mantra
    <3 <3 <3
    URL to post:
  • Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall username pic Joined 13y ago
    Admin
    Half Life Storm Flag Affiliation: Half Life Storm
    20,176 points Ranked 253rd
    40 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall
    Half Life Storm Flag
    Affiliation
    Half Life Storm
    Admin
    access_time 11y
    Click on the func_door, on the top view of the 2d grid you will see a small circle in the middle of the brush, thats its origin. The brush will rotate based on that point, so move it to its edge thats touching the wall and it will work correctly.
    Structural Designer / Dad :)
    URL to post:
  • touche126 avatar
    touche126 Joined 11y ago
    access_time 11y
    Ok thanks guys btw rapid reply... you chaps are legends, no doubt ill have more problems and will be pestering for help >.<
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • KaT_FisH avatar
    KaT_FisH Joined 13y ago
    access_time 11y
    Posted by touche126 Ok thanks guys btw rapid reply... you chaps are legends, no doubt ill have more problems and will be pestering for help >.<
    You learn 80% of what you teach. So pester away, you are helping us just as much as we are helping you. It refreshes our memories on things we may have forgotten too. (Unless you are Lost or Crazypip666, they just know everything).
    <3 <3 <3 avatar
    Mantra
    <3 <3 <3
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author