The Game Modding Community - Since 2001

Another clan site thread

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Content manager

Ok so ive gotten my sever set up and running at 512fps server side thanx to help from the community ^^ no i have another issue... i am wanting to put up a site for the server and possibly a clan later on... i have a forums i am gonna be using phpbb3 and im not big on php coding so i cant really make one so i was looking into hosting my own site with a content manager... it really only needs to be a few things... and yes i want to host it on my own machine... it needs to be easy to use/manipulate... it needs to be able to support graphics and video displays such as demos/screen shots... login... needs to be secure... and needs to be able to support donations and such... basically i want to be able to create a professional looking site without too much coding... thanx all who can help

• 10y
    glouie09 avatar
    glouie09 Joined 10y ago
    149 points Ranked 22896th
    So what exactly are you asking for? a coder but you want to be able to change it yourself without having to code?
  • 10y
    Swamp56 avatar
    Swamp56 Joined 11y ago
    932 points Ranked 5448th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    I would suggest something like joomla or drupal for content management, and SMF for a forum :) . There is an addon to joomla for a forum as well. Also note that you need to install php and mysql on your computer to run many of these scripts. I've been building a script over the past month for content management, but it wouldn't be something you may like; it's more of a blog system than a content management system lol.
  • 10y
    phrozenglow avatar
    phrozenglow Joined 11y ago
    Yea i already have wamp installed and up and running i just need a downloadable program that i can download and run easily just looking for suggestions on what people have used and like that is all... thanx ill look into joomla

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Google+

• 3 Posts
  • 10y Submitted

Yo, buddy. Mascot

GameBanana is one of the oldest mod sites on the net. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation - send modders points.
  • Vote: Help your favorite modders win monthly awards.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of problems with mods.
  • Watch: Get notified when mods are updated.

Interested? Sign up now!

Already a Bananite? Login tracking pixel