Walking animation for weapons?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

IS it possible to make it more dramatic?

Ok I was wondering if it is possible to make bouncing animation for your gun more dramatic when you move. It bounces very little and if I were running I definetly would be jamming it side to side. Is there an animation file of the weapon moving or something? Is this possible?
  • FearthePenguin avatar
    FearthePenguin Joined 14y ago
    339 points Ranked 48876th
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    11y
    It's coded into the game itself
    Animator
    URL to post:
  • Djlolface avatar
    Djlolface Joined 11y ago
    2,269 points Ranked 20292nd
    11y
    Thats annoying, I also get tired of the bobing up and down css ones.
    If your gonna die.... avatar
    Mantra
    If your gonna die....
    URL to post:
  • Slash. avatar
    Slash. Joined 12y ago
    257 points Ranked 52065th
    11y
    Is it coded into a script file or something? Or will you have to edit it in every gun's animation?
    Banned
    URL to post:
  • -WildBill- avatar
    -WildBill- Joined 14y ago
    15,273 points Ranked 347th
    15 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    11y
    Well the thing is that when youre running the game is still just playing the idle animation. theres no run animation like there is for draw, shoot, or reload. the game just plays the idle position animation but the programming in the game makes the idle position bob up and down when you move. it is possible to make it look more dramatic and exaggerated during the run, but when you stopped moving then you'd see it still bobbing up and down. :\ make sense? hope that clears things up for ya (and trust me, i've thought about this too lol) :P
    Want realism? Go play outside.
    URL to post:
  • Homizle! avatar
    Homizle! Joined 12y ago
    123 points Ranked 63259th
    11y
    Man that would be an sicc idea but, i think it's impossible.
    The nice thug. avatar
    Mantra
    The nice thug.
    URL to post:
  • Slash. avatar
    Slash. Joined 12y ago
    257 points Ranked 52065th
    11y
    Posted by -WildBill- Well the thing is that when youre running the game is still just playing the idle animation. theres no run animation like there is for draw, shoot, or reload. the game just plays the idle position animation but the programming in the game makes the idle position bob up and down when you move. it is possible to make it look more dramatic and exaggerated during the run, but when you stopped moving then you'd see it still bobbing up and down. :\ make sense? hope that clears things up for ya (and trust me, i've thought about this too lol) :P
    Hmmm that sounds like a good idea, but to do it with all of the guns? That would take forever. I also noticed the TMP is the only gun with a bobbing idle animation. Strange.
    Banned
    URL to post:
  • paul avatar
    paul username pic Joined 12y ago
    1,115 points Ranked 23357th
    11y
    Posted by Arctic_Avenga
    Posted by -WildBill- Well the thing is that when youre running the game is still just playing the idle animation. theres no run animation like there is for draw, shoot, or reload. the game just plays the idle position animation but the programming in the game makes the idle position bob up and down when you move. it is possible to make it look more dramatic and exaggerated during the run, but when you stopped moving then you'd see it still bobbing up and down. :\ make sense? hope that clears things up for ya (and trust me, i've thought about this too lol) :P
    Hmmm that sounds like a good idea, but to do it with all of the guns? That would take forever. I also noticed the TMP is the only gun with a bobbing idle animation. Strange.
    I noticed that too. Standing still with a TMP makes you look like the grip is covered in butter.
    Transcendence into the Periphe avatar
    Mantra
    Transcendence into the Periphe
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Slash. avatar