Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CS Beta 1.6 change list

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Thought you all might be interested in this(lazy guys :) ) :

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21777th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter So do I but the next version of CL will be up in June. A few more hours and Beta 5 should be done. It's not much of an update, but MP might change a few things. I know, I know. You all would like this, you all would like that in MP, unfortunately, I can't tell if stuff I have coded in for MP works. Because 1) I need to shoot someone. So far, there's no bots for Conuter-Life. 2) I need two comps and link them together. 3) I don't have much time. Exams are in April. So that's why we have BETA 5. Not VERSION 5.
    You need a communist target that shoots back? Catch me in the easter and I will put some lead up your ass ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20174th
    access_time 17y
    So do I but the next version of CL will be up in June. A few more hours and Beta 5 should be done. It's not much of an update, but MP might change a few things. I know, I know. You all would like this, you all would like that in MP, unfortunately, I can't tell if stuff I have coded in for MP works. Because 1) I need to shoot someone. So far, there's no bots for Conuter-Life. 2) I need two comps and link them together. 3) I don't have much time. Exams are in April. So that's why we have BETA 5. Not VERSION 5.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72151st
    access_time 17y
    Follow Up I got to play 1.6 briefly before they pulled the plug (the final 1.6 will supposedly be out in a month anyway). -Famas is like an MP5 with M4A1 accuracy and stopping power. -Galil is like the Sig550 in SOF II in both model and sound effects. Very accurate though. -Riot Shield - Funny, funny weapon. I don't know how much it will be used in Clan matches or even public servers, but it is good for defending (obviously) and for rushing things like the bridge in Aztec (get two or three people to rush over the bridge then hunker down in the inner room before the bomb site and wipe out the camping defenders who also have the shield). Anybody can pick up the shield if its dropped which means Ts can use it as well, but just can't buy it. -The gloved hands are like the ones in the CZ screenshots with the little strap on them and the fingers are more rounded (human looking) than before. Not a huge improvement, but worth noting. Other than that, the game is FULL of bugs as it is in fact a Beta. Weapons switch hands, you loose your crosshair when using the shield, the "say line" of the chat is not visible when you die in certain spec modes, etc, etc. Personally, 1.6 was a big cluster-f*ck. Steam is not bad except is desperately needs a lot of recoding to work smoother and not take up so many resources. I'm just gonna wait until next month for the final.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Someone say, molotov? Oh yeah, they bloody scrapped the idea. Oh well, what's new?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49325th
    access_time 17y
    the riot shield is not what it is... by right it should be called ballistic shield... it can stop all weapon's bullet (including the AWP) except a HE can hurt the user with explosion... usually to enable the shield to block rifle ammunition.. the materials are not metal... it should be a composite layer of ceramic armor and kevlar plating... much simillar to tank's armor... so the shield wont conduct electricity... the glass, to be made bullet proof, is suppose to be 3 inch thick of reinforced glass... unless the terrorists have RPG (Rocket-Propelled-Grenade) they cant do any damage at long range... see a group of CTs forming a shield, armed with deagle... and covering fire for awp sniper... at extreme range the Ts are sitting ducks...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by FBI afaik Riot Shield are usually made of titanium, graphite and aluminum alloys plus with some fiberglass, these don't conduct electricty much or at all
    Still are you capable of holding it when a zombie or a slave hits you in Close combat? Their forces are massive.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    afaik Riot Shield are usually made of titanium, graphite and aluminum alloys plus with some fiberglass, these don't conduct electricty much or at all
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Kind of sad. I wanted to test the weapons today. So, too bad.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72151st
    access_time 17y
    It amazes me the mentality so-called "professional" companies like Valve are demonstrating these days... Especially, when they are a "one hit wonder" like Valve primarily is. :roll: How could they actually underestimate the amount of players that play CS? What? Did they think about 30 guys in various basements across the world were going to try and log on? And then they do a slick "damage control" by blaming fileshack and other sites for posting a "leaked" Steam client? Leaked??!! Come on. I gurantee you that CS or Valve won't be here in the next five years because of better technologies and/or better ways of distributing things :mad:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    As I've said, I need to check on the shield's usefulness. And its properties.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69506th
    access_time 17y
    1) it would deflect atleast some of the shots 2)A. Some metels dont conduct electricity very well. B. the alien controllers attack isnt electric last time i checked. c. and the riot shield probably has some sort of pad over the handle 3) you got me there 4) pistols and maybe smg's 5)less speed, more armor. some people may prefer that 6) someone will bring up more
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Sweeper's right. Also consider these few points: 1) Alien grunts hornets home on you. So expect a few to backstab you. 2) Realism. Riot shield => metal. Alien slave's/Xen master's main attack => electricity. Add both => shocking! 3) Apache's. Need I tell? :) 4) If you were to have the shield, which weapon(s) should I allow the player to hold only? 5) Less speed. 6) Any more to add? I have to check on the usefulness on the riot shield. Otherwise there's no point adding it. But I might change my darn mind someday.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by UnDeR_FiRe Riot Shield? Are you gonna add that in beta 5, haunter?:jump:
    It has little to no use... mostly because the soldiers are the only force affected.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • UnDeR_FiRe avatar
    UnDeR_FiRe Joined 17y ago
    101 points Ranked 69506th
    access_time 17y
    Riot Shield? Are you gonna add that in beta 5, haunter?:jump:
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner