Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Good News

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

CS 1.6 will be released on thursday, 16 Jan... and i think i got the temporary solution for model and shell ejection problem... in CS 1.3, there are still v_name.mdl and v_name_r.mdl but in CS 1.4, the skin switched side, meaning originally v_name.mdl is left-hand skin... the v_name_r.mdl became the name of the left hand skin... meaning, the CL game will take the v_m4a1.mdl as left hand model... then the bullet shell ejects from the left side... solution: go and find a nice skin with v_name.mdl and replace the models in CL... alternatively, if you have CS version 1.3 or below, copy the v_name.mdl over to CL Difference in v_models... in Cs 1.3: v_name.mdl is for left hand skin v_name_r.mdl is right hand skin... in CS 1.4 and 1.5: the v_name.mdl is the right hand skin, the left hand skin is removed... they use a sort of 'mirror' for left hand skin... i tried putting a CS 1.3's v_g3sg1.mdl... it is a left hand model... (i used left hand animation in CS 1.5) the left hand model was reflected to the right side so it means the CS models will be reflected in newer version in older version, models are seprate for left and right hand in latest version, model for right hand is reflected to left side (left hand weapon chosen)...

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21774th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter I saw True Lies. Bad idea to be right behind you. If Valve locked the models, skinning will be alive. But I can't be sure about modelling because skinning is still having the same model but with different textures. Model on the other hand changes everything the original has to offer. Am I correct? If not, please enlighten me.
    Hehehe An enemy got my six and had planned to nail me. a squad of 3 was in front of me. One press, LAW armed. The dude draws the knife. I press fire! BLAM!! The rocket flies, hits the 3 dudes sending them bouncing the walls. the dude behind.... well..... he .... was .... no... more! So do stand behind me :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20172nd
    access_time 17y
    Haunter please stand behind me
    I saw True Lies. Bad idea to be right behind you. If Valve locked the models, skinning will be alive. But I can't be sure about modelling because skinning is still having the same model but with different textures. Model on the other hand changes everything the original has to offer. Am I correct? If not, please enlighten me.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Don't worry the CS Skinning community is still alive If VALVe locks models they know that it'll kill CS and therefore we will kill them
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Models locked? Nah. I might add the Galil first. Provided Steam gracefully uploads everything to my desktop. From there, work, work, work! Expect a slight delay if this happens.
    I played Global Operation yesterday, LAW is a funny tool. Haunter please stand behind me ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Models locked? Nah. I might add the Galil first. Provided Steam gracefully uploads everything to my desktop. From there, work, work, work! Expect a slight delay if this happens.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Saw the news. It's being released via Steam. So, some of you, don't get your hopes too high yet. I might have a change of plans. But that's 40%.
    Are you saying that models will be locked? Damn then there will be 0 modelers left. We tried a campaign to boost the numbers of modelers but we have only gained 2 people.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    CS 1.6 will be release on jan. 16? how come i haven't seen it here, cause it's already 16 here
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Saw the news. It's being released via Steam. So, some of you, don't get your hopes too high yet. I might have a change of plans. But that's 40%.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Realesage is not good. CS is is not good anymore. Especially if their denial of custom models is made. It split the community once.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Xianghua avatar
Xianghua Joined 17y ago