Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

General coding

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hey, I'm new to flash and this kind of coding. I'm OK at Javascript and Visual Basic...(all I know how to do is a calculator so ya know...) and I have mastered all that is HTML (hehe). Anyway.... I wanted to know some general rules on actionscript. I mean, where do I put most of the little { thingys and why, and stuff like that. I understand subroutines and calling them via a button or something, and I am pretty smart and resouceful, so I shouldn't seem toooo noobish. So.. like is something like this a code (more or less) subroutine replay() if ReplayButton = onClick then goto AndPlay PreviousScene onClick ReplayButton = call replay() Just... gimme some basic rules and structures. I don't need an incredible explanation about the whole theory of OOP, so don't groan when you read this...lol. I just don't know the basic structure of this kind of coding. thanks

Replies

• Joy Of Posting avatar
    Joy Of Posting Joined 17y ago
    637 points Ranked 43447th
    access_time 17y
    this is easly done with basic actions just look at um and ull figure it out. left click on a button click actions and put that in there on (release) { gotoAndPlay (1); } of course i use flash 5 so it may be diffrent on mx
    Old School
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Dakana avatar
Dakana Joined 17y ago