Guitar Hero PS3

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Is it any good? I heard that it's better for Xbox360, the Guitar of course. The better thing is that it is softer for Xbox than for PS3. I want to buy it for PS3, so i just want to make sure before buying. And i showed this game to my dad and he said we have to get it immidietly!

• GuitarHero avatar
    GuitarHero username pic Joined 12y ago
    28,171 points Ranked 155th
    14 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    11y
    Its the same thing as the 360 version except you only have one choice in guitar
    >---(X_X)--->  avatar
    Mantra
    >---(X_X)--->
  • corkey avatar
    corkey Joined 12y ago
    11,002 points Ranked 432nd
    11y
    The better thing is that it is softer for Xbox than for PS3.
    Seriously, what the fuck does that mean..? And it's exactly the same, except you can't download the Halo 3 theme tune for it.
    BADBADBADBADBADBAD avatar
    Mantra
    BADBADBADBADBADBAD
  • Shaydee avatar
    Shaydee username pic Joined 13y ago
    2,689 points Ranked 1908th
    11y
    Yeh, softer? What do you mean? It doesn't really matter which console you get it for, I think it's exactly the same.
    Just another day. avatar
    Mantra
    Just another day.
  • markslo1 avatar
    markslo1 Joined 12y ago
    1,787 points Ranked 2928th
    11y
    I heard the guitar is ... softer.. i dont know the word...it's easier to press the keys for Xbox than for PS3
    OPEN UP YOUR HEARTS PEOPLE! avatar
    Mantra
    OPEN UP YOUR HEARTS PEOPLE!
  • Millenia avatar
    Millenia username pic Joined 13y ago
    Super Moderator
    74,364 points Ranked 54th
    39 medals 4 legendary 9 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 WiPs Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 2nd Place - Homemade Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    Millenia avatar
    Millenia
    Professional 3D Artist
    11y
    I've tested various GH guitars; the best one is clearly the GH2 360 one, the Explorer (which also comes with the PC version of GH3). It's not wireless, but that doesn't bother me and there's zero input lag and the star power works like it should. The Les Pauls get busted rather fast and many are totally numb concerning star power, ie. you have to practically throw the guitar at a wall to activate it. The most annoying 'feature' of the wireless ones has to be the input lag. You have to play a bit in advance, if you hit the note 'on time', you miss it.
    Digital blacksmith avatar
    Mantra
    Digital blacksmith
  • Al.Bundy avatar
    Al.Bundy Joined 13y ago
    1,024 points Ranked 5119th
    11y
    Posted by markslo1 I heard the guitar is ... softer.. i dont know the word...it's easier to press the keys for Xbox than for PS3
    i know wht you're talking about. i don't like the 360 guitar because the strummer is loose or "soft" as you call it. i think the ps2 guitars are the easiest to use but the guitars for 360 suck in my opinion they are just aesthetically pleasing.
    Polk High!! avatar
    Mantra
    Polk High!!
  • GuitarHero avatar
    11y
    When using the 360 just use the GH2 controller..its better in my view one thing i never do is upgrade my controller Im still using the one from the first game...and it works like it was just bought today the les pauls are a bit useless and was made for kicks
    >---(X_X)--->  avatar
    Mantra
    >---(X_X)--->
  • ircmaster avatar
    ircmaster username pic Joined 12y ago
    609 points Ranked 8194th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    11y
    Posted by Millenia I've tested various GH guitars; the best one is clearly the GH2 360 one, the Explorer (which also comes with the PC version of GH3). It's not wireless, but that doesn't bother me and there's zero input lag and the star power works like it should. The Les Pauls get busted rather fast and many are totally numb concerning star power, ie. you have to practically throw the guitar at a wall to activate it. The most annoying 'feature' of the wireless ones has to be the input lag. You have to play a bit in advance, if you hit the note 'on time', you miss it.
    The best one is the Rock Band one. And about the lag thing, you can fix that. Just go to the menu and choose "calibrate lag".
    Not the master of IRC
  • GuitarHero avatar
    11y
    Posted by ssssnake
    Posted by Millenia I've tested various GH guitars; the best one is clearly the GH2 360 one, the Explorer (which also comes with the PC version of GH3). It's not wireless, but that doesn't bother me and there's zero input lag and the star power works like it should. The Les Pauls get busted rather fast and many are totally numb concerning star power, ie. you have to practically throw the guitar at a wall to activate it. The most annoying 'feature' of the wireless ones has to be the input lag. You have to play a bit in advance, if you hit the note 'on time', you miss it.
    The best one is the Rock Band one. And about the lag thing, you can fix that. Just go to the menu and choose "calibrate lag".
    but the rock band controller breaks really easily i had to buy 2 of them b/c my first one didnt work
    >---(X_X)--->  avatar
    Mantra
    >---(X_X)--->
  • Millenia avatar
    Millenia username pic Joined 13y ago
    Super Moderator
    74,364 points Ranked 54th
    39 medals 4 legendary 9 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 WiPs Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 2nd Place - Homemade Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    Millenia avatar
    Millenia
    Professional 3D Artist
    11y
    Yeah, the GH2 one is just so reliable. Mine's went through hell and back and still works like a charm.
    Digital blacksmith avatar
    Mantra
    Digital blacksmith
  • Melicon avatar
    Melicon Joined 13y ago
    5,337 points Ranked 958th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    11y
    Its fun on my pc??.....like thats anyhelp...
    Lurking CSC
  • ircmaster avatar
    ircmaster username pic Joined 12y ago
    609 points Ranked 8194th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    11y
    Posted by GuitarHero
    Posted by ssssnake
    but the rock band controller breaks really easily i had to buy 2 of them b/c my first one didnt work
    I don't know about that. I've never had any problems with it breaking.
    Not the master of IRC
  • S.T.A.R.S Punisher avatar
    S.T.A.R.S Punisher Joined 13y ago
    252 points Ranked 16746th
    11y
    Posted by GuitarHero
    Posted by ssssnake
    Um, no it doesn't. I've had mine since it came to Canada. It depends on how rough you are with them.
    Blaarrg.
  • GuitarHero avatar
    11y
    Posted by Punisher113
    Posted by GuitarHero but the rock band controller breaks really easily i had to buy 2 of them b/c my first one didnt work
    Um, no it doesn't. I've had mine since it came to Canada. It depends on how rough you are with them.
    remember not everyone is gentle with the game (as im guessing you are) im one of those people. a song like paranoid is one of the song people over do it with. and it gets annoying when you have to use the D-Pad to play.
    >---(X_X)--->  avatar
    Mantra
    >---(X_X)--->

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Author

markslo1 avatar
markslo1 Joined 12y ago