Need help to make CSCZ less laggy

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending zalipon points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Need help to make CSCZ less laggy

Im running windows XP....i still got alot of space left(30GB) CSCZ takes about 910mb...i cant play a game without laggs when there is more than 5 players on each team(talking about BOTS)...i dont even bother to play online cuz it will lagg even worse....is there a way to reduce lagg... ps. im not sure if this is the correct section. sorry i have no time to look thru. reply is appreciated

• 10y
    Solidus Jungle avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    975 points Ranked 4805th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Well, you using opengl renderer or software renderer?

lag?

Defragment your hard drives.

and put this command into your console

"developer 1"
    Mantra
  • 10y
    zalipon avatar
    zalipon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Erm. im using a fake cd. so i installed a cracked version of the game. i cant access to some options. one of them is the software renderer.

my cousin used the same disc but it was not laggy at all on his computer.

it is in software mode. if i change it to opengl it closes and says game does not support open gl it will now run in software mode. thanks for the reply btw. and im not sooo pro in computers so defragment my hard drives makes no sense to me XD.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    Mikeyspike avatar
    Mikeyspike Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    14,769 points Ranked 290th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    Posted by zalipon

Erm. im using a fake cd. so i installed a cracked version of the game. i cant access to some options. one of them is the software renderer.

my cousin used the same disc but it was not laggy at all on his computer.

it is in software mode. if i change it to opengl it closes and says game does not support open gl it will now run in software mode. thanks for the reply btw. and im not sooo pro in computers so defragment my hard drives makes no sense to me XD.

*waits till this dude gets banned from steam and FPSB....*

the reason why its laggy, is because you probably have a shit CPU, but tbh, if you don't know much about computers, then, theres no point asking for help, because it means someone having to "translate computer geek" in to "dunno" language and still, it can be confusing
    Love Lockdown. avatar
    Mantra
    Love Lockdown.
  • 10y
    zalipon avatar
    zalipon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Lol? i said im not a pro at computers. im not really that dumb. and i dont have a shit cpu. i have enough space to have 7 games. and i still have 30 gb of space left. and i can understand alot of terms used in computers.Btw. if u dont have a good answer to a question, u shud rather not answer at all.And why will i be banned from steam and FPSB? ur not making any sense. so please do me a favour and dont post anything NOT regarding how to fix the lagg.

thanks.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    Zippit avatar
    Zippit Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    157 points Ranked 21003rd
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    Posted by zalipon

Lol? i said im not a pro at computers. im not really that dumb. and i dont have a shit cpu. i have enough space to have 7 games. and i still have 30 gb of space left. and i can understand alot of terms used in computers.Btw. if u dont have a good answer to a question, u shud rather not answer at all.And why will i be banned from steam and FPSB? ur not making any sense. so please do me a favour and dont post anything NOT regarding how to fix the lagg.

thanks.

you are suppose to get banned from from Steam and FPSB for Warez.

"im not really that dumb. and i dont have a shit cpu. i have enough space to have 7 games. and i still have 30 gb of space left. and i can understand alot of terms used in computers."

A CPU is a processor... not a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and that comes from a person thats says he know computer terms.

On a side note: Fix your grammar... it makes you look more intelligent.
  • 10y
    zalipon avatar
    zalipon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Erm dude.? heard text language?

i know what a cpu is. central proccessing unit. in text language the cpu is reffered to the PC.

and i again say. dont post back anything that is not regarding a way to fix the lagg.

ur not really helpful person. probably a dude who likes fighting over the internet. appreciate u takin ur time to look thru my post. so pls. next time u post. do it to answer my question .

Side note:my english isnt bad at all. u gota learn this thing called text language. i use it to write in short forms.also explains why i almost never start sentences with capital letters.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    Zippit avatar
    Zippit Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    157 points Ranked 21003rd
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    1.1 Language

English only. FPSB is an English based site, we cannot moderate and therefore cannot accept non-English content. Try your best to use good grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, etc when posting and especially when making threads. Do not post in ALL CAPS, Title Caps, use excessive!!!!! amounts of punctuation, or break the site's layout. Submissions with poor English may be disapproved by the community or withheld by moderators.

If you can read the rules... you should have known this.

I do fancy a flame war, but I wont. I just follow the rules of this website.

1.4 Warez

No warez talk of any kind. That includes but is not limited to requests for CD keys, discussing illegal downloads of software, music, movies, passwords for websites, and pretty much anything that could get FPSB into legal trouble. When in doubt about this rule, ask a moderator or don't post. If it might be illegal, test the limits of copyright law somewhere else. For more information consult FPSB's Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy.

Erm. im using a fake cd. so i installed a cracked version of the game.

So... yeah.
  • 10y
    zalipon avatar
    zalipon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    My english is good enough for u guys to understand.i only dont start sentences with capital letters. i end my statements with punctuations. i use english in a way that everybody understands. so in fact im not breaking any rules.

well. if ud refer to the forum rules which u kindly posted, requests for cd keys, illegal downloads and .....

in fact the situation im in doesnt have to do with breaking the rule at all.

im from singapore. the meaning of fake cd means not the original copy but a legal "fake" copy.and, i did not put up links,pages,or any other form of information leading to illegal downloads.hence, i wont land FPSB into any legal problems. geez. u guys dont answer questions. u ask more questions about it.

wow. so far 1 outa 4 people only answered my questions.

this is the last time im gona post this.

Post a reply only if ur answering my question. if its not regarding my question pls dont bother wasting ur time.

thanks.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    Mikeyspike avatar
    Mikeyspike Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    10 medals 1 rare
    This thread makes me laugh... ha...
    ok.. ok.... First off, if you can speak proper English, then why not? Sure you can use txtspeak, but, not everyone likes people who use it.
    second, Zippit is a cool person, earlier today, he(you are a he... right..?) gave me a heads up about my UPic ( which has now gone).
    Third, you said you had a cracked game, thats illegal. A "fake" CD is a burned copy of an original, which is illegal, even if you did pay for it.
    Fourth, CPU in txtspeak, is not referred to a PC, its just PC, plain and simple
    Thith,(blahhh, sp?)your now discussing about your illegal game so you are breaking the rules( yeah and so am I, but im trying to get a point across, about the rules)

Anyway, if you think you know a bit about computers then, tell us your specs so we can see what is causing the problem, we can't tell by you just saying that you run XP and have 30 gig left, i run XP and have over 60+gig left on my HDD, i still get lag every now and then with games like HL2 ( which isn't very power greedy)
    Love Lockdown. avatar
    Mantra
    Love Lockdown.
  • 10y
    zalipon avatar
    zalipon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    I don have time to go thru alot of things. i reply to these posts thru my laptop. im studying. i go home very late and i only use my desktop computer once in a while.

i am speaking proper english. whats wrong with my english? if you can understand me and dont spot any HUGE mistakes then lighten up abit. its a modern world nowadays.different people use different text languages. you might not understand most of mine. same goes the other way around.

i did not crack the game to duplicate it. i cracked the file so that i dont have to put the cd whenever i want to play the game. so now i use the cracked file to play the game without the cd.-THINKING MOMENT-
    which fake game will still need you to play with the cd?

it is not illegal. i bought it at a second hand store. (store has a legal license)

the problem is, my CSCZ wont let me configure my software renderer. it wont let me use opengl, my cousin never had this problem. im running windows xp, direct x v.10 (end runtime thingy)

i have the NVDIA graphics card or w/e it is. my computer laggs ONLY at CSCZ when there is more than 5 players on each team. so its basicly the game thats the problem not my computer.

memory is not a problem. my C:/ has 30 gig left. D:/ is still pretty empty.

This is byfar the most useful forum i have found with the limited time. dont make this forum the first and the last.

ill listen to your rules no prob. im not trying to rebel against anything.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    Mikeyspike avatar
    Mikeyspike Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    10 medals 1 rare
    Ok , well, i can only help you if, you give me your full specs, like exactly what nVIDIA card you have, what CPU you have.. things like that, also just 'cause your running XP, doesn't mean you have a good computer, your couzin probably has a faster GPU and CPU than you.
    Love Lockdown. avatar
    Mantra
    Love Lockdown.
  • 10y
    l3m0n avatar
    l3m0n Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by zalipon

i did not crack the game to duplicate it. i cracked the file so that i dont have to put the cd whenever i want to play the game. so now i use the cracked file to play the game without the cd.-THINKING MOMENT-
    which fake game will still need you to play with the cd?

it is not illegal. i bought it at a second hand store. (store has a legal license)

the problem is, my CSCZ wont let me configure my software renderer. it wont let me use opengl, my cousin never had this problem. im running windows xp, direct x v.10 (end runtime thingy)

You dont need a cd to play cz anyway. And I've been to Singapore once, I saw lots of illegal stuff being sold in the shops and on the streets. And there's no such thing as a 2nd hand cz, if you buy the cd then you get a cd-key with it, which has 1 use. If someone else has used it then you cant play cz.
  • 10y
    zalipon avatar
    zalipon Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Ok im back. I sent my desktop computer for servicing. hopefully it will be better.Befor it come back do you guys have any suggestions which graphics software should i use? Reply appreciated.

13emon. Youve been to singapore once.Ive been living in singapore since i was born.Count the number of years.There are some illegal shops.There are also legal ones.Dont tell me where you come from no one sells drugs. And a second hand cd means, a person used it, doesnt want it, sells it to a lower price so another person wil buy it.The cd key is on the cd itself.Why do you people dont understand my question. i said help how to make my CSCZ less laggy not help me to contnue rambling nonsense about my CD being illegal.

You obviously havent played the CDs from singapore.Most of them need the CD to play the game, some dont.The ones that need the CD to play with are cheaper.And if you know how to crack the file you can play without the CD.

Appreciate reply,thanks but no thanks.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    sssnake avatar
    sssnake Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    35,048 points Ranked 118th
    So you are using an illegal version.

The problem could be your CPU being taken on a load when there are more than 5 10 bots playing.

Playing online may actually reduce the lag.
    I TURN MAH PC TO DA SIDE avatar
    Mantra
    I TURN MAH PC TO DA SIDE
  • 10y
    l3m0n avatar
    l3m0n Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by zalipon

Ok im back. I sent my desktop computer for servicing. hopefully it will be better.Befor it come back do you guys have any suggestions which graphics software should i use? Reply appreciated.

13emon. Youve been to singapore once.Ive been living in singapore since i was born.Count the number of years.There are some illegal shops.There are also legal ones.Dont tell me where you come from no one sells drugs. And a second hand cd means, a person used it, doesnt want it, sells it to a lower price so another person wil buy it.The cd key is on the cd itself.Why do you people dont understand my question. i said help how to make my CSCZ less laggy not help me to contnue rambling nonsense about my CD being illegal.

You obviously havent played the CDs from singapore.Most of them need the CD to play the game, some dont.The ones that need the CD to play with are cheaper.And if you know how to crack the file you can play without the CD.

Appreciate reply,thanks but no thanks.

Have you ever heard of steam?
  • 10y
    kyle avatar
    kyle Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    26,287 points Ranked 165th
    Why would anybody pirate a game thats $9.95. Lol.
    シ avatar
    Mantra
  • 10y
    Well the fact that you have a cracked version of the game might be a problem. ;)

Try doing a virus scan, defragment your HDD, close any other background programs you have running, or just buy the goddamn game.
    delicious cake avatar
    Mantra
    delicious cake
  • 10y
    bo093 avatar
    bo093 Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    368 points Ranked 11198th
    Posted by Mikeyspike

This thread makes me laugh... ha...
    ok.. ok.... First off, if you can speak proper English, then why not? Sure you can use txtspeak, but, not everyone likes people who use it.
    second, Zippit is a cool person, earlier today, he(you are a he... right..?) gave me a heads up about my UPic ( which has now gone).
    Third, you said you had a cracked game, thats illegal. A "fake" CD is a burned copy of an original, which is illegal, even if you did pay for it.
    Fourth, CPU in txtspeak, is not referred to a PC, its just PC, plain and simple
    Thith,(blahhh, sp?)your now discussing about your illegal game so you are breaking the rules( yeah and so am I, but im trying to get a point across, about the rules)

Anyway, if you think you know a bit about computers then, tell us your specs so we can see what is causing the problem, we can't tell by you just saying that you run XP and have 30 gig left, i run XP and have over 60+gig left on my HDD, i still get lag every now and then with games like HL2 ( which isn't very power greedy)

he speak singaporean english not us english.
    Bo093 mash banana into cokodok avatar
    Mantra
    Bo093 mash banana into cokodok
  • 10y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,687 points Ranked 190th
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    Give us specs, not how much space left on your hdd... useless information.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 10y
    Charades avatar
    Charades Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    You have Windows: Go to start/run/dxdiag/save all information

Paste it here and let us see your specs.

(Also there is no such thing as txtspeak, just illiterate CS players.)
    Pedopirate avatar
    Mantra
    Pedopirate
  • 10y
    Waitin Till u get banned xD

Cuz sum ppl pay to play it ! and they deserve to play it

Ppl that just illegal play they need to be punished!
    Bananite
  • 10y
    DanB avatar
    DanB Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Lol... I have... a Q6600, 8800GTX 2GB corsair xms 2 ram, a striker extreme motherboard, 400GB WD HDD

I lag when I run 9 bots on my own pc with myself playing, my fps hits like 30

online my fps is around the 100's so this is a problem you are not alone with.
    I know nothing of these FPS ba avatar
    Mantra
    I know nothing of these FPS ba
  • 10y
    Charades avatar
    Charades Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by DanB

Lol... I have... a Q6600, 8800GTX 2GB corsair xms 2 ram, a striker extreme motherboard, 400GB WD HDD

I lag when I run 9 bots on my own pc with myself playing, my fps hits like 30

online my fps is around the 100's so this is a problem you are not alone with.

Weird I have a slightly less capable PC and I can run 15 or more bots with out lag.
    Pedopirate avatar
    Mantra
    Pedopirate
  • 10y
    l3m0n avatar
    l3m0n Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    I run source games at 100-ish but cz at 30-ish, no idea why

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code: