Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Sins of a Solar Empire - A Forum Thread for GameBanana.

Real-Time Strategy. Unrivaled Scale.

Sins of a Solar Empire Explore. Expand. Exploit. Extirminate. Command. Customize. Diplomacy. Research.
In the future, the survival of humanity stands on the edge of utter ruin as three powerful factions vie for control of the galaxy. Take command of one of three space-faring races as you work to establish your domination of the galaxy in Sins of a Solar Empire. Through a combination of diplomacy, economic skill, cultural influence, and sheer military might you will establish order over your corner of the galaxy!
This game is a blend of RTS (starcraft, command and conquer, homeworld 2) and 4x (Civilization, Galactic Civilizations 2). It takes place in space, with you controlling a system of planets and your own fleets. You research your own tech tree, and you choose out of three races. The TEC (Trader Emergency Coalition), Advent, and the Vasari. Start diplomatic relations with other players, call for a cease fire, trade resources, or apply anonymous bounties on certain players, even to backstab your 'allies'. You can zoom out much like Supreme Commander: All the way to out to encompass the entire playing field. However, there is NO ground combat. It is entirely space combat/interaction.
I bought this game yesterday at 4pm and played all the way to 11pm where I had to go sleep for the next day. Goddamn it is fun.
Minimum Requirements: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista 1.8 GHz Single-Core Processor 512 MB RAM (1 GB for Windows Vista) 128 MB DirectX 9 3D Video Card (Radeon 9600 / GeForce FX 6600 and above) DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card DVD-ROM Drive 3 GB Hard Drive Space Keyboard and Mouse DirectX 9.0c Recommended Requirements: 2.2 GHz Dual- or Quad-Core Processor 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Windows Vista) 256 MB DirectX 9 3D Video Card (Radeon X1600 / GeForce 7600 and above)
Website I'm going to post this before IE crashes again.
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 15y ago
    16,756 points Ranked 505th
    27 medals 1 legendary 5 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 5 Tools Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Mods Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Mods Medal icon
    15y
    There was talked before about this. I'm not very greedy interrested on in this game. edit:
    I'm going to post this before IE crashes again.
    For god's sake get Firefox
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Ben-Hur avatar
    Ben-Hur username pic Joined 17y ago
    3,273 points Ranked 4,091st
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    15y
    Luntix already made a thread about this.
    Back From the Dead
    URL to post:
  • h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r username pic Joined 20y ago
    35,837 points Ranked 169th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    15y
    Posted by BrainZ There was talked before about this. I'm not very greedy interrested on in this game. edit:
    I'm going to post this before IE crashes again.
    For god's sake get Firefox
    It's a school computer.
    Posted by Ben-Hur Luntix already made a thread about this.
    Ah I see. My bad. Couldn't he at least decorate his though? : /
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
    URL to post: