Yup, my first full CSS frag video.
It has bad kills, I know, but I wanted to get the whole frag video making down :D
I uploaded on both youtube and stage6, you choose which one to watch.
Stage6 is better quality, but it takes longer to load.
Ok, Just to provide tips for you and anyone who plans on making a frag video:
1. Do not use Metal, it's the WORST choice for music if you're planning on sharing with others, it makes you want to mute your Speakers when you hear it spoken loudly through a video.
2. If you're going to make a FRAG video, atleast move all the skins you have out of the CSS folder since some people are ignorant and believe skins = "ZOMG HACKS LOLOLOL"
3. Get actual frags, Pubs and other random shit do not count since it's full of new kids of the internets, Join CAL or any other Competitive league then you can record those. ( DEMOs, not FRAPs. )
4. Use atleast some editing skill instead of copy, paste, repeat. It gets quite boring watching a video without any editing, especially a frag video.
Use a movie config and a movie hud, Google aNx movie config to find a config and.. I can send you a movie hud. Otherwise it's alright, needs more kill streaks. I quite disliked the music and skins as well. Way better than my first video to be honest.
Well, Here's my TIPS for a better video, the frag video was Great but it need's vast improvements.
1. Try to get the "points" of a good frag video
Controlled Spray vs. Spray and Pray
CAL-O vs. CAL-I
1 kill per clip vs. 5 Kills per clip
Common in matches vs. Rare in matches
Random pubbing vs. CAL Match.
2. Use the "startmovie" command instead of using Fraps. startmovie command provides High Streaming quality and smooth video. Fraps just provides a limit of 30 seconds and has a terrible framerate.
3.You actually had a great idea of using a music that you don't usually see in a frag video, but let it be something else then Heavy Metal that make's you wanna kill yourself.
4.It's a good thing that you used Sony Vegas to make your video, but atleast use effects, using effects is much better than just a plain frag video, you can also play around with the Levels in Sony Vegas and fix the Color Balance to make the video look cooooool.
/liek End Tips
PS: Oh and, also, if you're ever gonna put some text, make sure you check your spelling, you wouldn't want a very clean frag video to go "Ok liek guise, im gonna l13k m@ke th1s thingy"
I didn't enjoy the choice of music but that's not your fault, and the quality of kills was low which was your fault, but I didn't see any problems in the editing or whatever. My favorite video is probably one my friend made to the song Here Comes the Boom by P.O.D and he synced the BOOM! in the lyrics to headshots. Nifty little stuff like that goes a long way.
Posted by popo9022
Well, The thing is , Startmovie is MUCH BETTER Than Fraps, Because Fraps is so cheap, i make the framerate on Fraps 90 and the Framerate goes 10 and the Motion blur on ym video is REALLLY bad.
I got 75FPS when I recorded...
The trick is to record the demo and play it back and record.
Posted by Guile
Well, I'm in the process of making a new frag video, with newer kills with kill streaks.
New music as well.
Use some trance or techno or something that gets the watcher pumped up. Here are some I'd use.
Just edit the songs for the best parts. Playing a whole techno song through sometimes doesn't work very well. Mix and match, try to align the shots in the video with the beats of the song.
Here is a video of my friend playing. Take some hints from him on how to make a video. Don't use the same music though.