Play your own custom sounds?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Ph4rG0ne points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

I've seen other ppl play their own sounds. How do I do that?

I remember i've seen people play their own sound. It would appear just as if they were just talking through the mic i mean, that little speach icon with their name would be shown. I was wondering how to do that... Thanks... in advance. So I want to know how to play my own custom sounds whenever I want, unlike when I shoot the weapon etc... Again thanks...

• 10y
    Scarthman avatar
    Scarthman Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    7,670 points Ranked 579th
    The program used to do that is called hlss. You'll have to download it to use it.

But I can say, as a server admin, using sounds like this can often annoy people and get you muted, kicked, or banned from certain servers.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    Ph4rG0ne avatar
    Ph4rG0ne Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by Scarthman

The program used to do that is called hlss. You'll have to download it to use it.

But I can say, as a server admin, using sounds like this can often annoy people and get you muted, kicked, or banned from certain servers.

Actually I just wanted to do something funny with my friend on my own server... so can you please tell me how to do this using hiss? Also where can I download hiss?

I am... The One!
  • 10y
    Fuckyouall avatar
    Fuckyouall Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Yeah, ive been in a server that has that, it can be extremely iritating
    im not comming back here you f
  • 10y
    Scarthman avatar
    Scarthman Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    7,670 points Ranked 579th
    Posted by Ph4rG0ne

Posted by Scarthman

Actually I just wanted to do something funny with my friend on my own server... so can you please tell me how to do this using hiss? Also where can I download hiss?

oh well in that case you can download hlss here (and it's hLss not hiss). http://www.hlss.us/index.php?p=1
    You should also download the music converter so you can use any sound file in your hlss. The website I gave you also has things that show you how to use hlss and how to get it started and use it in game.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    Ph4rG0ne avatar
    Ph4rG0ne Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Well... thanks! Big help! Thanks!
    I am... The One!

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code: