Awesome new video upload site

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

A new video site they lets users view compressed & uncompressed videos

Http://www.viddler.com/ A new video site I found and the only one I know of that lets users view compressed & uncompressed versions of videos they upload, just posting it here with a comparison of a 40mb video I uploaded vs its 12mb counterpart, so for the people who like making vid's and want to try this, this is for you. I know I will be using since I record all the vids I make for css at about 700x400 and on other sites it rapes the quality! COMPARE! although I warn you, the time for the uncompressed file to download is LOOOOOOOONNNNNG but thats because I didn't think it would let me do a 40mb video and wanted to test quality

Replies

• Grimm_Methods avatar
    Grimm_Methods Joined 12y ago
    2,703 points Ranked 19867th
    11y
    Btw, tell me if anyone has a problem with links if they want to try them...
    I do vids 4 free avatar
    Mantra
    I do vids 4 free
    URL to post:
  • Judo avatar
    Judo Joined 12y ago
    314,415 points Ranked 8th
    18 medals 4 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Judo Technical Expert
    11y
    I'm not impressed and that certainly isn't uncompressed. Stage6 is still the best.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
    URL to post:
  • Anthrax15 avatar
    Anthrax15 Joined 13y ago
    9,538 points Ranked 581st
    11y
    Man I love Stage6. Almost as much as I love Jude.
    Mantra
    "I love me some britches"
    URL to post:
  • Grimm_Methods avatar
    11y
    Posted by Judo I'm not impressed and that certainly isn't uncompressed. Stage6 is still the best.
    sorry for the necro bump but I didn't realize it showed comments on the subwatch page -.- anyway yes it is actually uncompressed, the second link is the exact movie I uploaded.
    I do vids 4 free avatar
    Mantra
    I do vids 4 free
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ username pic Joined 12y ago
    15,960 points Ranked 328th
    19 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    11y
    YouTube.com for funny crap stuff. Veoh.com for good quality anime episodes Stage6.com for non illegal high quality shizzle. joox.net for illegal movies I did not say that. Note, Uncompressed AVI's are massive. for 10 mins it would be like 16 gigs or so. theyre is always compression. edit: DVDs also have compression. Music on CS's too (there is no need for 32bit float WAV's on CDs.) HD DVD got compression, blu ray got (bad) compression. Only VHS and pelicule don't have compression LOL! xD
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Grimm_Methods avatar
    11y
    I am talking about compression from what you upload from your pc to what you see when you embed a video... that site has the option to view the original uploaded file, thats what I mean, jeez...
    I do vids 4 free avatar
    Mantra
    I do vids 4 free
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    11y
    Posted by Grimm_Methods I am talking about compression from what you upload from your pc to what you see when you embed a video... that site has the option to view the original uploaded file, thats what I mean, jeez...
    Sorry, misunderstood you.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Grimm_Methods avatar
    11y
    Lol, I would need like t3 to upload anything over 1gb in more than like 2 weeks ^_^ would suck if you like tripped on wire like 90% thru though, and I do that all the time so ya >.>
    I do vids 4 free avatar
    Mantra
    I do vids 4 free
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    11y
    Posted by Grimm_Methods Lol, I would need like t3 to upload anything over 1gb in more than like 2 weeks ^_^ would suck if you like tripped on wire like 90% thru though, and I do that all the time so ya >.>
    had something similiar a few times xD thats the main reason my mom wants wireless.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Judo avatar
    Judo Joined 12y ago
    18 medals 4 rare
    Judo Technical Expert
    11y
    Posted by BrainZ Note, Uncompressed AVI's are massive. for 10 mins it would be like 16 gigs or so. theyre is always compression. edit: DVDs also have compression. Music on CS's too (there is no need for 32bit float WAV's on CDs.) HD DVD got compression, blu ray got (bad) compression. Only VHS and pelicule don't have compression LOL! xD
    AVI is just a container. -_- Like you said, CD's are compressed, but not well at all. Blu-Ray has great compression. Betamax is superior to VHS. :P
    Posted by Grimm_Methods the second link is the exact movie I uploaded.
    That's still not a good thing. Flash doesn't support much. Even if though they allow you to encode it yourself, that's not a very good way of doing things. Encoding video, with decent quality, takes a long time.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    11y
    Posted by Judo AVI is just a container. -_- Like you said, CD's are compressed, but not well at all. Blu-Ray has great compression. Betamax is superior to VHS. :P
    Why Betamax didnt win was because it could only obtain 1 hour of film. BluRay has a bad compression method. the oldest mpeg version whilst hddvd has vc1 which is proven to be far more better. Although for the human eye no difference at all. Both compression methods look the same although vc1 has a better balance between quality and compression. edit: forgot to say that blu ray 2.0 discs also support vc1, clearly saying that its better, but only 1 blu ray player can/could handle the 2.0 discs :P and its the ps3 because of its capability of upgrading the firmware
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • theFLASH avatar
    theFLASH username pic Joined 11y ago
    185,371 points Ranked 16th
    15 medals 2 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    11y
    Posted by BrainZ
    Posted by Judo AVI is just a container. -_- Like you said, CD's are compressed, but not well at all. Blu-Ray has great compression. Betamax is superior to VHS. :P
    Why Betamax didnt win was because it could only obtain 1 hour of film. BluRay has a bad compression method. the oldest mpeg version whilst hddvd has vc1 which is proven to be far more better. Although for the human eye no difference at all. Both compression methods look the same although vc1 has a better balance between quality and compression. edit: forgot to say that blu ray 2.0 discs also support vc1, clearly saying that its better, but only 1 blu ray player can/could handle the 2.0 discs :P and its the ps3 because of its capability of upgrading the firmware
    Blu-ray must have a better compression method because it's like 70% more HD than HDDVD. Trust me, I know these things. ***EDIT*** mah bad, I was tired. I didn't mean more "HD", I meant capable of holding more stuff. read read this too
    Herp Derp avatar
    Mantra
    Herp Derp
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    11y
    Posted by the-Flash
    Posted by BrainZ
    Blu-ray must have a better compression method because it's like 70% more HD than HDDVD. Trust me, I know these things.
    trust me that statement is bullshit. Both HDDVD and BluRay support 1080p, VC1 is an further evoluted version of the codec bluray 1.0 discs now use. If sony chose for the VC1 option in BluRay2.0 discs it clearly say they approve VC1 above their own codec! The best format in quality in comparison to the price is HDDVD. Warner and paramount were going to go HDDVD exclusive and it were gonna be the end for blu ray. Sony paid them a zizillion bucks to not so and do the oposite. Thats why Blu Ray is getting the most market share.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    11y
    I'm not saying HDDVD will win the war (bad marketing Toshiba D:) but I am saying that for the consumer (price!) HD DVD is a better option. If I pay the same amount of money for A double edition of that latest HP film with tons of extras and online features on HDDVD or th one disc, nothing special, 3 extra's or so version on BluRay my decision is vast. HDDVD is the best format. I never saw any true cons about HDDVD towards BluRay.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • theFLASH avatar
    theFLASH username pic Joined 11y ago
    185,371 points Ranked 16th
    15 medals 2 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    11y
    Posted by clownfart
    Posted by the-Flash Blu-ray must have a better compression method because it's like 70% more HD than HDDVD. Trust me, I know these things.
    How can something be more HD than the other? Instead of explaining it, or linking to a source, you just say trust me.
    I was tired, ok? What I meant was that Blu-Ray is capable of holding much more than what HDDVDs can. read read this too
    Herp Derp avatar
    Mantra
    Herp Derp
    URL to post:
  • Judo avatar
    Judo Joined 12y ago
    18 medals 4 rare
    Judo Technical Expert
    11y
    Posted by BrainZ BluRay has a bad compression method. the oldest mpeg version whilst hddvd has vc1 which is proven to be far more better. Although for the human eye no difference at all. Both compression methods look the same although vc1 has a better balance between quality and compression. edit: forgot to say that blu ray 2.0 discs also support vc1, clearly saying that its better, but only 1 blu ray player can/could handle the 2.0 discs :P and its the ps3 because of its capability of upgrading the firmware
    Both discs support MPEG-2, VC-1, and h.264 video. So there! Can we all agree that Stage6 is superior to everything? KTHX
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    11y
    Posted by Judo
    Posted by BrainZ BluRay has a bad compression method. the oldest mpeg version whilst hddvd has vc1 which is proven to be far more better. Although for the human eye no difference at all. Both compression methods look the same although vc1 has a better balance between quality and compression. edit: forgot to say that blu ray 2.0 discs also support vc1, clearly saying that its better, but only 1 blu ray player can/could handle the 2.0 discs :P and its the ps3 because of its capability of upgrading the firmware
    Both discs support MPEG-2, VC-1, and h.264 video. So there! Can we all agree that Stage6 is superior to everything? KTHX
    Only 2.0 discs support VC1. And they aren't sold, sorry.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:
  • Judo avatar
    Judo Joined 12y ago
    18 medals 4 rare
    Judo Technical Expert
    11y
    Posted by BrainZ Only 2.0 discs support VC1. And they aren't sold, sorry.
    Trust me, they both support MPEG-2, VC-1, and h.264. From the start, they've been extremely similar. 2.0 doesn't even refer to a version, it's a profile for the players. And, even if Blu-Ray didn't support VC-1, it wouldn't matter because h.264 is the best standard we have. ^_^ If you'd like to carry on this pointless discussion, please do it somewhere other than this thread. Maybe PM me?
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
    URL to post:
  • BrainZ avatar
    11y
    Posted by Judo
    Posted by BrainZ Only 2.0 discs support VC1. And they aren't sold, sorry.
    Trust me, they both support MPEG-2, VC-1, and h.264. From the start, they've been extremely similar. 2.0 doesn't even refer to a version, it's a profile for the players. And, even if Blu-Ray didn't support VC-1, it wouldn't matter because h.264 is the best standard we have. ^_^ If you'd like to carry on this pointless discussion, please do it somewhere other than this thread. Maybe PM me?
    nevermind. HDDVD is better in my opinion. Blu Ray in yours
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author