Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

My Zombies are stuck in the ground.

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I don't (think) I have custom skins for the zombies; I never customized anything for HL, just some CS weapon models and new player skins. Anyway, all the zombies in CL for me are stuck in the ground, I only see their head and chest. When they see me or a guard or scientist, they run towards them until they reach their victims shins, and then either just stand there or keep trying to run. They don't (or can't?) attack. Its sad, they're supposed to be scary and keep the early game a challenge, but for me they're just ...amusing. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to restore them to their rightful horror?

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21833rd
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter There are many buildings in Singapore. Know which one?
    Not in Singapore, at my school. The classroom I was in.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20195th
    access_time 17y
    There are many buildings in Singapore. Know which one?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Okay, I'm back. I am 2 floors up and on the other side of the building.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Singapore's too small to have towns. We split them into estates. Creative building's near Jurong( Jew-wrong) East Interchange.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Hell, I pass the Creative building every morning when I go to school.
    Yeah??? really??? I got to check the box... then I know what town. Nab some Audigy 2's then. They also have GeForce 4's!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hell, I pass the Creative building every morning when I go to school.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    @Mazdek well it seems me and Haunter sometimes say hello to each other during posting... Around 1300 hours my time Haunter usually pops out and says hello. @Haunter: Singapore.... I just found out that you can nab yourself some Audigy 2 cards there... Creative assembles them there... My Sound Blaster Live Player 5.1 is from Singapore.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    At least your nick has some significance behind it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Mazdek, THE MAGNUM OPIATE OF MALACLYPSE THE YOUNGER. This has something to do with your nick?:)
    Nope, "Mazdek" isn't in the Principia at all. I made it up as a D&D character name over 12 years ago and have been using it as my online handle since 1991. It turns out though that it is a common name in some country in Europe I think, it is some Iranian guy who started a nasty revolution (and possibly Communism), and an ancient Kurdish religion (the Three Wise Men who brought gifts to Jesus were apparently priests of the Mazdek religion). Searching google for "Mazdek" brought up those links (and a bunch of other things that I've posted or am mentioned in, like my Klingon characters on some Star Trek games...) So, if I thought I made the name up, maybe I was divinely inspired to bring back my religion! (erm, maybe I should do some research on what its about before I do that...)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Mazdek, THE MAGNUM OPIATE OF MALACLYPSE THE YOUNGER. This has something to do with your nick?:)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    I don't talk that fast, there was like 8-10 hours between my posts. ;) I just realized y'all are on the other side of the world somewhere though. :D In re: de_aztec, some pictures of the renovations are posted on CS Nation, in their next version section. Read the links under the two pictures of de_aztec and de_inferno for more pictures. That page also lists some info on the Galil and FAMAS.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    What about cs_italy!? I can't keep getting stuck there and being accuse of camping!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter De_aztec? They said they are going to 'renovate' the map. Looks good.
    I hope they fix the god damn bridge.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    De_aztec? They said they are going to 'renovate' the map. Looks good.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Reminds me when I got stuck at the barrels in cs_italy which was near the exit from the house near the T base. I can't move so I was like waiting for death. Guess what? 5 CTs came running out from the house and I sprayed them to death. Their response? Haunter! Stop camping!
    Hehehe but for me it gets me stuck in the most deadly spot. You got no cover, such as the bridge on De_aztec
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Reminds me when I got stuck at the barrels in cs_italy which was near the exit from the house near the T base. I can't move so I was like waiting for death. Guess what? 5 CTs came running out from the house and I sprayed them to death. Their response? Haunter! Stop camping!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well you talk to fast. I get stuck (Player). In CS this is fatal. Take a cs map with a tunnel close to the ct site. I get stuck, an easy target for the CT's.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yep yep, that was it. I have never actually played HL deathmatch, so I don't know why I had that model installed. After deleting it from the CL models directory, the zombies in CL are all scary and dangerous again. w00t. :cheesy: So I guess I've been talking to myself this whole time. ;)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    Update. I got home from work a few hours ago and loaded up an old savegame of normal Half-Life. Luckily it was within 10 feet of a zombie hiding in a closet. I let him out and sure enough, he was standing tall and I let him take a few chucks out of me before I clobbered him with the crowbar. But it didn't look like the zombies I was seeing in CL. So I went into my halflife\valve\models\player folder and looked to see what was there. Looks like I DID have some sort of custom model that HL wasn't using (maybe it was for deathmatch?) that CL copied over. I'm gonna go delete it out of the CL folder and see what happens.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago