Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter Life has the oppurtunity to ...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

But there are still some cosmetic issues that make it look kinda poop. The menu image for example is awful, really ugly, I will make you a good and original splash screen if you want me to, just say so. Also Counterlife does not replace the scientists with the scientists from the high definition pack like it does with the other models. Also your ejecting brass come from the wrong side of the screen. Keep up the good work though, i remember when this mod first came out, but then it disapeard.... What happened to it?

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21829th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter You don't need the source. What you need is the max-fx tools and you're ready to make Vlad a HERO! *Ha-ley-lu-yah*
    I need 3D studi MAX... wait.... I got it too. 4.2 and 3 discs of reality stuff.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20192nd
    access_time 17y
    You don't need the source. What you need is the max-fx tools and you're ready to make Vlad a HERO! *Ha-ley-lu-yah*
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Suddenly, the developers decided to make him backstab you. THE HORROR!
    NOOOOOO! He has a joly good job for me... I need to steal their source and alter it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Suddenly, the developers decided to make him backstab you. THE HORROR!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yeah, i love him. I feel the urge for Max Payne 2. Just to see Vlademir again... I want to... do a war again , with him.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Too bad they don't have the player model for Vlad. I would like to watch him shootdodge.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter You sound like Grisworld the blacksmith in Diablo.
    Nope, I am Vlademir the gun dealer from Max Payne!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    You sound like Grisworld the blacksmith in Diablo.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter I can use the code. It's the reversing that I'm not sure of.
    Start with heavily inaccurate and stop when nearing center. Take the dancing as a start then it becomes more accurate. I ain't a coder so I can't post the code. If I could I would.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I can use the code. It's the reversing that I'm not sure of.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter M60. More accurate when you fire it longer. This might be tough to code.
    If you take the para code and reverse it?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    M60. More accurate when you fire it longer. This might be tough to code.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter True. But I've already started on what I can with the FAMAS and Galil based on some information given.
    Yes don't forget the M-60... It will be seen. Try to find a 3rd party M-60, I know of 3 M-60s. Yes CL is the first mod. We have plans for a new mod but not everything is cleared yet. To pinpoint a hint, you remember G-man? Well he is your target. Haunter has somewhat accepted position as coder. And exstacy as mapper. Myself, 3D modeler. But so far we are gathering for a "to do" list. We are currently on Counter-life "payroll" so this will not be made before CL is declared complete, and that can be a long shot ahead.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Leindurstit avatar
    Leindurstit Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72465th
    access_time 17y
    cool.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    True. But I've already started on what I can with the FAMAS and Galil based on some information given.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Leindurstit avatar
    access_time 17y
    true, but the problem is that c.z. has not been released yet, and while weapons from that mod are going to probably kick the shat out of cs's normal pea-shooters, we still have to wait for it to be released to begin with.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Ok, I'll heed Sebby's advice. I tried to start with the TFC knife.. Couldn't get it to work. Sad.
    But how much more is there to add to counter-life? We now have all the good stuff (e.g. weapons ) and a spiffy interface for buying things.
    I hope you haven't forgotten CS:CZ weapons. I reserved slot 8 for them as you can see when buying weapons. Speaking of CS:CZ, I saw the news reporting they switched developers. Now, are we going to have the pre-version 1.6 of CS in mid-December? Or are they going to push back somemore? I have been wondering, what the heck is wrong with CS:CZ? They switched developers twice. And all those delays. If CS:CZ doesn't release by 2003, I'm going to cry. :(
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Leindurstit avatar
    access_time 17y
    But how much more is there to add to counter-life? We now have all the good stuff (e.g. weapons :mgw: ) and a spiffy interface for buying things. What else is there to do? (reply wanted please)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    You might have to ask the guys at Sven-Coop.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Must've a swell time. Should be quite easy doing Half-Fort.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Or rather have all the weapons at your disposal. Come on, i'm sure there's once you wish you could carry the Soldier's RPG and the Sniper's sniper rifle at the same time. ;) I did. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Been there, thought about that. ;) There are two colours to use. Red and blue. But heck, I know a little bit about CVARS so that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe the first I should try out is the Sniper. Then I may decide which weapons to add in. Like deciding if the Soldier's RPG or the Pyro's RPG shoud be used. Edit: I like this idea. Maybe I should start on TFC. Erm............Let's give it a name. How about..............TLC? Team Life Classic! No reference to the trio! Or.......Half-Fort? Sounds nice.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    At this moment, no. But I might try adding the TFC sniper rifle. But it will be a totally different mod.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hey X-man! I just e-mailed you via hotmail!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48158th
    access_time 17y
    That My Resident evil style map for cl is still under high work... but i had some problems!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48158th
    access_time 17y
    Counter life will be a high quality mod.. it will be...! im sure of it!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    The menu image for example is awful, really ugly, I will make you a good and original splash screen if you want me to, just say so.
    Ok, you can try. Send it to . Be sure it's less than 1MB.
    Also Counterlife does not replace the scientists with the scientists from the high definition pack like it does with the other models.
    Delete the scientists models in the cl\models folder. The scientist.mdl and the scientist1.mdl to scientist10.mdl.
    Also your ejecting brass come from the wrong side of the screen.
    I know. I'm trying to find a way to like mirror it.
    Keep up the good work though, i remember when this mod first came out, but then it disapeard....
    A long story. To cut it short, Atom didn't want to work on Counter-Life anymore and passed the source code to me. So I 'edited' Counter-Life to this stage with AMX's help. And alot of others such as botman and Josh Coyne.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago