To install this mod, make sure that you replace contents from sonic2010_0.cpk\sound\Synth with the ones from this mod.
You will also have to rebuild sonic2010_0.cpk with these edited files, but the mod installation process doesn't differ much from other mods.
The installation process for this mod is as follows...
- You will have to dump your copy of Sonic Colors with Dolphin, for this, right-click the game from the emulator and select the "Properties" button. From there select the "Filesystem" tab. You'll see the disc partitions and some of the game's files. Select "Disc" at the top and right-click it. Then select the "Extract Entire Disc..." option.
- Make a folder in a safe place and name it "Sonic Colors" then extract the disc to that folder. Wait for the files to extract and then go into that folder. You should see a "DATA" folder, open it and navigate to the "files" folder and open it as well. You should see a file named "Sonic2010_0.cpk".
- Now you have to dump the game's Sonic2010_0.cpk, I'd recommend you make a backup of this file at this point since you'll mostly be editing its contents when you apply mods.
- Once you're done making your backups you have to dump Sonic2010_0.cpk, I personally used Cri Packed File Maker to unpack it, but there are other tools that can unpack/repack CPK files. If you want to use this tool, however, you can download it from here. Extract crifilesystem.rar and open CriPackedFileMaker.exe.
- Once you start this program, you will see two diamond-shaped buttons on the top right corner, click on the one that is not grayed out to select the CPK file you want to unpack (Sonic2010_0.cpk). After doing this you will notice that the other diamond-shaped button that was grayed out before, is now in color. When you click on this second button you will see a window where you have to select the output directory for your CPKs files. Make a folder (preferably on your desktop) and name it "Sonic2010_0" then select this folder as the directory that you want to extract the CPKs files to.
- Once the files are done extracting, you can copy the mod's files into the "Sonic2010_0" folder that you created and then proceed to repack your CPK.
- For repacking, go back to Cri Packed File Maker and click on the folder icon at the top part. Then you'll have to select the "Sonic2010_0" folder that contains your modded files, after that, click on the "Build CPK File" button, on the bottom right corner. From there, you will have to set the directory where you want your new Sonic2010_0.cpk to be in.
- After the tool is done repacking your CPK file, navigate to where the NEW Sonic2010_0.cpk file is and copy it to where the original Sonic2010_0.cpk was in your game's files, that being the "DATA\files" directory.
- Once you're done copying your new CPK into your game's files, open Dolphin again and navigate to the top left of the window, select the "Open" button that looks like a disc in a folder. Navigate to the directory of your extracted copy of Sonic Colors, go into the "DATA" folder once again, then this time open the "sys" folder. Select the "main.dol" file and click open. Once you do this, Dolphin will boot up your game with your modded files.
If you are using dolphin you can actually run the game from an unpacked ISO, as long as you dump your copy of the game by selecting the "Extract Entire Disc..." option from the properties/filesystem tab in dolphin.
This mod does not change the opening movie, as the audio for that is embedded in the SFD movie file directly, and I have no clue how to re-encode it.