1. NOTE: All future updates from 0.5 onwards will be found in the Alternate Link section below the direct download section, as I had to transfer to a separate system due to large file sizes.
2. What is Sonic Reconstruction?Sonic Reconstructiion is my attempt to completely overhaul all of Half Life 2's and MMod's sound effects bit by bit, autodidactively teaching myself Sound Design in the process.
I'm aiming for a contemporary style of sound design to enhance the game's oppressive atmosphere and hopefully bring the sonic character of the game up to a modern standard.
Gunshots, Foley, Ambiences, Creatures, Physics, everything will be redesigned from the ground up using only my own recordings and CC0 sound effects that I then edit, mix, layer and implement.
Currently the mod is still in the early work in progress stages but it is usable and makes a noticable difference during gameplay.
3. What does it sound like?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfzdhyqjh6Q&feature=youtu.be
4. What has been Changed so far?
- Most Gunshot sounds have been completely remade from scratch, including variations and distant sounds
- Many Reload sounds have been redone with an emphasis on making them feel crunchy and satisfying
- A lot of the Bullet impact sounds and some physics sounds have been changed
- The Combine and Metropolice have been completely revoiced
- Several ambient sounds were overhauled
- Ground Turret and Attack Chopper firing sounds
- Zombie Sounds
- Cloth and Foley Sounds
Download the Zip file of the version you want (preferrably the most recent one), extract the "sonic reconstruction" folder within that file and move it into the "custom" directory of the source mod you wish to mod.