Hello everyone, here comes Modern Sonic in Mania version 1.2.
So many things were added, it could have been v2, to be honest.
This mod includes :
- - Modern Sonic by Hortinus! (Ported over the "Sonic & Tails" slot, so you can still play as Classic Sonic if you want to!)
- - 3D model and animations by myself for the special stages.
- - Boost gameplay, with a reworked boost bar based on Rush / Colors DS.
- - Reworked the way extra files get loaded in memory (if it doesn't work, I really dunno and probably won't be able to fix.)
- - Victory quotes (depending of your cool bonus and rings) as well as grunts.
- - Wisp power ups! Red Burst, Green Hover and, a custom one, Azure Bubble!
- - "Mod options" menu, to customize your settings! (Ring costs, Voice ON and OFF and a toggle for the Shields or Wisps as a power ups for Modern Sonic!)
- - A colorful ending.
First, this mod is only compatible with Sonic Mania 1.03.919, aka, latest version on PC so far. (Cracked version doesn't have the latest one, so, no can do, go and support the developers by buying their game.)
The Boost (as well as Wisps) requires the "Z" button, to set it up, check iniEditor (open the keyboard settings, click on the white box that has "0x##" next to Button Z and press the button on your keyboard that you want to be the "Z button" in game)
While the game shouldn't crash (as in, if it works as intended in the first place), there is a small amount of chance for it to crash when accessing "Egg Reverie Zone" in Wisp mode.
Using a save file is recommended if you planned to replay the entire game with it.
Dues to the direction inputs addresses I used, playing with a Keyboard or a 360 controller (using the D-pad instead of analog stick) is recommended.
-- Boost Meter --
The maximum amount of Boost Energy you can have is "288", each rings gives you 6, which is the equivalent of a one segment. (Using the boost costs 1 energy per frame)
-- Mod Options menu --
To access this menu, first you have to enter the default main menu, go back to the title screen and then press Y. (or your "super transform" button) before "press any button" message, you'll hear a confirmation sound.
-- Wisps --
In contrast to Colors or other games, here, they will stay until you get hit. (similar to Shields)
You can use their power as long as you want, their abilities will use some of your Boost Energy though.
Watch out, you won't be able to turn "Super" in regular stages with "Wisp mode" !
By pressing (and holding) the Z button in midair, you'll be able to perform several multi-jumps.
Cost: 36 Energy per jumps.
By holding the Z button in the air, you'll be able to float in any direction that you want.
His effect doesn't last long as it's quite slow and energy-hungry, using it sparingly or near ring paths is the key.
Cost: 1 Energy per frame.
The new Wisp specially made for the occasion, to have a Water-based creature.
He possess two abilities to his arsenal.
Underwater, it'll help you to float upward slowly, which allows you to avoid some obstacle underwater.
On the surface, it acts as a double jump.
Cost: 1 Energy per frame (Underwater) / 24 Energy (On the surface)