What this project is:Lego Batman: Rescored aims to make LB1's soundtrack more varied and audibly interesting. As great as Danny Elfman's score is for the original 1989 movie, it does get tiring hearing the same tunes for 30 levels straight (I exaggerate a little bit, but not much).
Lego Batman: Rescored will take the original soundtrack, and blend it with tunes from the following works when fitting:
- Batman: Original Motion Picture Score by Danny Elfman
- Batman Returns: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Danny Elfman
- The soundtrack from the Batman Returns SNES game
- Batman Forever: Original Motion Picture Score Album by Elliot Goldenthal
- "A Batman Overture" by Elliot Goldenthal, from Music from and Inspired by the "Batman & Robin" Motion Picture
- The soundtrack from the PS1 Batman & Robin game
- A couple different bootleg Batman & Robin soundtracks, unless Warner Records decides to finally release the best thing to come out of that movie (please do)
- The soundtrack from Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes by Rob Westwood, as well as the movie adaptation.
What this project is not:
- A lousy excuse to redistribute copyrighted music. Due to engine limitations, almost all tracks will have ambient noise hard-mixed in. Final distributes will be lossy Ogg Vorbis files, generally from an already lossy source.
- A total conversion. In some cases, Elfman's score does fit.
- A conglomeration of every Batman-related soundtrack ever released. I'm only using music that fits thematically and lends itself to blending well with Elfman's soundtrack (sorry, 1960's Batman).