1. The StoryMy LG V30+, the best phone I ever had, is now failing. The screen digitizer is failing. I knew about this since start of the month, May, and it's finally becoming more, and more difficult to use the phone.
I've been looking at refurb'ed and used* LG V30+, they cost around $200-250.
[Used as in, they didn't like the phone, thus, they switch out immediately, so barely any used]
I decided to look at the V40 (because it's the only available in the country), and it's a disappointment, the screen size.
Having 6 inch screen size is a pain, especially trying to reach the top icon, OR just pulling down the menu--all with one hand operation. Yeah, I know, the V40 is slightly taller than the V30+, it's no wider.
Thus, the maximum screen, diagonal limit is 6 inch.
2. SuggestionIf you voted for 'Completely New Phone', I am very used to LG V30+' user phone experience:
- Fingerprint (the power-lock button is a fingerprint scanner too)
- USB Type-C
- 128 GB uSD card support (I think it can support 1TB)
- 128 GB internal storage
- Ear phone jack (I don't mind if it is top or bottom)
- 4K30 video capture support
And, I rarely play on the phone, I only have Star Trek Timelines. Once again, I'm a computer guy, and phone is secondary. Whatsapp is running on my desktop.
I avoid Samsung and iPhone.
Hit your suggestion.
3. HistoryHere are my previous phones:
- LG L7 P700 (first phone, and I was pretty much unprepared) - 2012
- Acer Liquid Z500 - 2014
- LG X Screen - 2016 (another random)
- HTC One M8 (X Screen suffered battery issue, and Z500, charging issue) - 2017
- LG V30+ - 2018 (another random)
Well, I barely give a second though, maybe the LG V30+ was by luck. Only Z500 and One M8 are bought outside of the contract period, however the Z500 is brand new, the One M8, used.