Surface Tension Uncut Content Update!
The update the uncut mod of surface tension.
Some weeks ago the developers made the uncut update.
- Added many new assets (textures, sounds, models,
particles), and improved quality of many existing assets.
- Existing Surface Tension maps C2A5B and C2A5E have been updated, providing areas with new design and gameplay.
- Updated C3A1A, first map of Forget About Freeman, to
use new Xen assets.
Cascaded Shadow Mapping (CSM)
- Implemented Cascaded Shadow Mapping (CSM), which adds
dynamic shadows to outdoor maps.
Vastly Improved Load Times
- Maps load up to 75% faster.
Official Translation Support
- Translated closed captions can now be enabled in the
“Options > Audio” menu. Currently supported languages are Finnish, German,
Italian, Norwegian, and Spanish.
Artificial Intelligence |Alien Grunt
- We made a significant number of tweaks and fixes to
the alien grunt AI. Overall these fixes should significantly improve their
intelligence, and mostly prevent moments where they behave weirdly or
- Made sure multiple alien grunts can advance at once,
if they belong to the same squad. This should prevent them rushing one by one
and make them appear more coordinated.
- Added patrolling schedule. Previously, when leaving
the “combat” state, the alien grunt would drop straight back to “idle”. Instead
of going straight from “combat” to “idle”, the alien grunt will now drop into
the “patrol” state, where he cautiously walks around the combat area, looking
for a target.
- Changed fallback schedule. Instead of retreating, the
alien grunt might now choose to patrol instead.
- Changed behaviour when target is lost. Instead of
immediately dropping to “patrol” state when the alien grunt’s active target is
lost, the alien grunt will now attempt to establish line of sight with its lost
- Target Prioritisation improvements. The alien grunt
will now make far fewer switches between targets. His prioritisation for
targets should now be much improved.
- The alien grunt is no longer deaf. He was previously
unable to react to sounds. We gave them the ability to hear things, so there
will be fewer situations where he’s standing around doing nothing.
- The alien grunt will now attempt to go into “advance”
mode more often. This makes them more aggressive towards their target.
- Implemented new behaviour when failing to complete a
schedule (such as advance). This should reduce the number of situations where
the AI does nothing. Instead, he will fire at the enemy or seek cover if
possible. Patrolling is still possible from this situation, but should be less
- Made it so the alien grunt’s advance schedule can
cheat a bit. The alien grunt may now traverse the full route to a player.
- Fixed the condition for the alien grunt’s melee attack.
The condition which determines the alien grunt’s ability to melee attack,
COND_MELEE_ATTACK1, would ignore the height of the target. This is fixed.
- Lowered the alien grunt’s hivehand firerate. This
makes fighting alien grunts less frustrating: you’re not constantly being
pelted by bees.
- Lowered the alien grunt’s rest interval min and max
values, to give the alien grunt a lower rest time between firing bursts. This
is to compensate for him being given a slightly lower rate of fire.
- Lowered the minimum range of the alien grunt’s
hivehand. This prevents a situation where the alien grunt cannot melee or shoot