Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
- A Mod for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
As you say, I seems have some quirks. I'm considering to change some teleport area and time(In several locations, human seemed little hard to defend from zombies ). and going to polish other details you said. Thanks for your feedback!
Haven't tested it yet but I checked it out some time ago in CS:S and I liked the overall feel it had. Seeing it here makes me happy.
EDIT: To add to what Syou's said:
- I checked the map with pakrat, there are some materials/textures that probably shouldn't be there. materials/dev/water_normal is 10mb alone, and it's already in the game's VPKs. The same applies to a whole bunch of other stuff.
- Some rooms feel empty or lazily detailed, which is a shame because the theme of the map could be exploited a lot more. For instance, you could have loads of little tubes with colors in them, casting light and looking neony.
- Since in CS:GO (and CS:S now) you can't force configs, you should consider editing up the spawn area so it supports zombies spawning with the humans (without being teleported back). In general, it is a good idea to do that since spawns that allow for spawn in the crowd work fine with spawn teleport.
- You should do a final compile, preferably in HDR only. In CS:GO you can't disable HDR, so compiling with HDR only and avoiding the LDR lightmaps (which take some space up) is a good idea. Go into the 'Advanced' menu and select FINAL (HDR only) in the drop down to do it.
- I haven't played it on a live server, though gameplay seems to have very good ideas (I like the crusher-with-holes area a lot), good ideas implemented not so well (the wheels relying on teleports to 'force' the path makes it less fun in my opinion, but it's very promising as an idea). There are a few bland/standard holds, but that's to be expected (though some of the areas they're in could get some love in terms of detail).
From what I can see in the map you'll be able to polish out most of those quirks, so I hope you do. The map felt fun to run through, so I'm pretty sure it'll be fun to play. Just needs you to soften those edges and give it some extra time.
Hey! Nice little map. I'm hoping you can improve the map as there's a few little quirks in it. Most of the issues are small and I'm hoping it helps you improve the map as it seems pretty darn neat in its ideas. It's not meant in any way to be negative.
1.) Stacked ambient_generics (music). Having 4 songs playing to boost the volume in GO is horrendous to say the least. I'd really suggest toning it down to 2 at most. At the moment it's quite muffled and can't hear your gun fire. I believe if enough people were to talk on their mic with the music playing in the background and gunfire going on it would come out as static eventually. Quite annoying.
2.) Map has missing cubemaps. You renamed your map from ze_rainbow_factory_c13 to ze_rainbow_factory_v1_2 in the end and the built cubemaps you had before will only display under the previous map name. I'd suggest never renaming a map once you have it compiled. Once your map is 'missing' cubemaps it will revert to the default cubemap which for this game is de_vertigo's cubemap, blue and bright. If you never want cubemaps and for it to be black you would add a cubemap at a resolution of 1x1 and *not* buildcubemaps.
3.) You're 5mb off from having a FastDL for servers. I think you can't possibly need the extra 5 mb for a non-fastdl letting people wait several minutes for the download on the server to finish. There's so many extra textures and silly stuff you packed it's unreasonable. I'm hoping you can organize this a bit more. Like for example you packed the /tools/ directory I think.
4.) Missing decals and textures. I pastebin'd this for you to go through so I don't clutter this comment up further. (http://pastebin.com/Pi612EtF)
5.) Particles seem to be not appearing. Tested this in a 'live' (personal, by myself) server and particles do not appear. I believe you should make a ze_rainbow_factory_v1_2_particles.txt in a maps folder as a precaution and using an SM command through point_servercommand sm_precache_particles particles/rainbow_factory.pcf. Some servers will allow this and will be able to see the particles at ease.
6.) I'd highly suggest replacing some of the water in the map with 'newer' water. Like liquids/inferno_water or liquids/aztecwater. Dev water looks pretty darn outdated for this game. It would spice up your map easily I think. You should enjoy the results when you see them. This isn't an issue I should add. It's more of feedback to improve the maps looks. I don't know why I included this inbetween. Sorry about that.
7.) Lastly, there's a few floating props or stacked props lingering around. I only saw 2. You can copy paste this in full to see them in Hammer!
setpos -284.904480 -10095.968750 -102.828125;setang 62.716438 -35.535126 0.000000
setpos 2573.976074 -11752.039063 -703.906189;setang -55.786633 8.008589 0.000000
I like the map and hope you fix the small little issues!