Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
THIS FILE IS BEING REPOSTED AFTER CONFERRING WITH THE MODERATORS AND CHECKING VALVES "RULES"
FOR CONTENT USAGE. THIS MAP IS NOT ILLEGAL. THE CONTENT IT USES IS NOT FROM THE HALF LIFE 2
GAME FILES, BUT FROM THE SOURCE ENGINE SHARED CONTENT (C:\Program
Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\source 2007 shared materials.gcf,source 2007 shared models.gcf,
source 2007 shared sounds.gcf, etc.) WHICH IS INSTALLED WITH AND AVAILABLE TO EVERY PC VERSION
OF TEAM FORTRESS 2 WHETHER AS PART OF THE ORANGE BOX OR NOT AND CAN LEGALLY BE INCLUDED
ACCORDING TO VALVES OWN CONTENT SHARING RULES (MOD CONTENT USAGE/SOURCE). YOU CAN SPAWN ALL OF
THE HALF LIFE 2 CONTENT FROM THIS MOD IN TF2 USING create_dynamic_prop AND SIMILAR COMMANDS.
REPEAT, THIS CONTENT IS CONFIRMED TO BE LEGAL, PLEASE DO NOT DISAPPROVE AS ILLEGAL SIMPLY
BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE TEXTURES. ANY DISAPPROVALS MADE ON THIS BASIS WILL BE CHALLENGED.
TF2 meets Half Life 2!
The citizens of City 17 (red team) battle against their combine oppressors (blu team).
The combine blu team is taking a strider to destroy the red team's secret research facility near their base. The red team has to destroy the strider before it reaches the research center, or City 17 is lost! The blu combine team needs to escort the strider and protect it on it's way to the research center so it can unleash it's full power!
The strider is shielded from the front, so red needs to either get under it, or attack from the sides using the various windows, ledges and roofs around the map in order to do any significant damage.
This map is slightly different from regular PL maps in a few other ways. For one, the strider, which acts as the cart, does not have a dispenser function and does not heal or replace ammo/metal, however it can attack! The strider's laser will cut down anything in it's path, friend and foe alike, so clear the area when it fires!
The strider will move forward when members of the combine blu team stand near its legs, or slightly behind it. It will stop moving if it takes damage, and start moving backward if it takes over a certain amount of damage. If the strider takes too much damage it will be destroyed and the red team will win. The strider's current damage status is indicated by the color of the light on the console in the respawn room. If the light is blue the strider is in good health, green is about half health and if it's about to be destroyed the light will turn red. Blu gets 1 point for destroying each of the gates on the way to the research center. Any Red players near the gates when they are destroyed will be killed by the explosion.
Please don't bother posting about using Half Life 2 textures and such in TF2. The entire idea of the map is that it's a Half Life 2 themed map!
Credit to Valve for all the Half Life 2 textures, models, buildings, etc.
I hope you enjoy this slightly different type of PL map.
I revised a map.
* The armor of the front of strider thickened.
* I reduced some durability.
* I lost a barrier.
* I made a passage underground.
* I made the tower where a sniper could step on.
A revision point of beta version 8.1
* I set up shield before strider. The durability is low in this shield, but revives immediately even if broken. In addition, the durability of strider in itself does not decrease even if I disturb this no matter how much.
* I made the durability of strider 14 from 12.
* I changed some maps to be easy to do attack from the side in strider
* I attracted attention to understand a lower text with the durability of strider at the time of a game start. Meters increase.
* I revised that a nodrow beefsteak charr stayed on a building.
* I installed a tele porter in a bottom and the gap of stairs and revised the bug that fitted in if I did teleport.
* The person whom there was below if the floor that collapsed of the second gate collapsed died instantly.
* strider did not attack it at the time of setup.
* I attached a door to blue respwanarea.
A revision point of beta 9
* I made the front part armor of the main body of strider big.
* I made the size of the shield before strider big and increased some durability.
* I could be accompanied and was not able to attack a wall from a long distance aside in the round building which the last curve had.
* I kept an obstacle if I would repent for a snipe from a window of 1F in the second gate side.
* I adjust the structure of the building to some extent generally.
A revision point of version2
A revision point of version3
*I make SKYBOX
*I revise the bug that warning was announced when I capture STRIDER with last CP
Because it is WEB translation, there may be a place hard to find.
Because I am weak in English, I am sorry
Please watch http://blog.goo.ne.jp/dertend2000/ in detail.