Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Mariokart 2 is a sandbox map filled with interactivity and fun. The colorful map supplies you with several interactive features such as drivable gokarts, a blimp that's capable of dropping nukes, aswell as a unique quest for the players to reveal a secret portion of the map.
There are also several ways to get around the giant map, such as riding vehicles, launching yourself through cannons, or by using the warp zone that allows you to travel through the underground pipe systems.
New features include minigames, more interactions and a few surprises.
- Large and lovely map. You certainly showed what it is to be a mapmaker. Finding the flaws of this map is going to be hard to do.
- A puzzle must be completed before you can go into the next area. True. I'm tired of just having all the map to roam around for the first time playing it, so that indeed is a plus. The spawning of the Horseless Headless Horsemann must've been annoying though, considering that he spawns after a short period of time when you open a certain gate. He also appeared to open doors by himself too.
- Perfect textures all round. I cannot see one flaw of textures in this map, and every texture is distributed accordingly to the place it needed to go.
- The cars operating. These are much different than the original Mario Kart due to the fact they operate automatically, instead of having to use the +use key on them, which by default is disabled, rendering those cars unusable. However, you have done a good job at this and it's pretty well done.
- The disco room provides good music and it's a good place to hang out at since most if not all the music appears to be Mario-based. If you look up the music on YouTube, there will be a few people saying 'Mario Kart brought me here' or 'TF2 made me come here'. Easily, you have created one of the most memorable maps in TF2 mapmaking history.
- The minigames. The mushroom-mixup one is one of the best puzzles I have ever played in TF2. There's been a few remakes of it but this will stay my top one as it's the first I've ever played.
- The blimp drops instant killing bombs which also kill teammates, which can do some reverse spawn killing. Very annoying because of that, but this is only a minor flaw and can be disregarded as one.
- Sometimes the map never ends. If a timer is set, it will go down to 00:00 and stay there with no progress whatsoever. This is very inconvenient and can cause problems with servers.
- Sniper haven. Yep, had this coming for a large map. Snipers can take out most of the team easily by standing far from the opposite spawn and aiming at a head height.
- The Horseless Headless Horsemann often goes back to his place if you're about 9 feet away from him. This can lead to easy kills, as he doesn't roam the area, he just stands there until someone brave enough wants to bait him to someone else. Usually the doors stop that person and get them killed by the Horsemann.
- Try to find out what this problem concerning the time is all about. That way in your update it won't happen again. I haven't seen your next version but hopefully this problem no longer exists.
- Fix the pathing of the HHH. He doesn't seem to like going out in the sun.
- This is the first major-pro review I have done, mind you.
> **Posted by Gowst**
> Say, I've been looking around to see how you got the blimp to allow Engineers to build in it and have the buildings follow the same path as the blimp. I'd like to use this feature in a map I'm making, but I've had no luck so far in finding how, not even the Wiki. Could you possibly tell me how to do this, please?
> I'd appreciate it, and thanks.
I can say for now that it requires a func_tanktrain (the blimp), a trigger_multiple to parent the buildings to the blimp, a filter_activator_class for each of the engineer buildings. Then you need to work with some additional filter_multi's and a filter_activator_name. It's a lot of entities combined, and not very easy to explain. :P
Say, I've been looking around to see how you got the blimp to allow Engineers to build in it and have the buildings follow the same path as the blimp. I'd like to use this feature in a map I'm making, but I've had no luck so far in finding how, not even the Wiki. Could you possibly tell me how to do this, please?
I'd appreciate it, and thanks.
(If you don't feel like reading, just go to the bottom and read my question, please.)
- A vibrant, colorful, explorable map. It's always nice to come back to, whether it be for its wide-open DM-layout to fighting, simply messing around, or its pleasant little charms.
- Lots 'n lots of things you can do in addition to killing the other team, whether it be the little doodads like ramps/cannons, music rooms, and working vehicles, or the different, well-programmed minigames, and even an encounter with the HHH. There's always something else you can do around the corner.
- Oh, and bonus points for the whole thing being almost entirely made of your own custom-resources as well. IMO, all these qualities put this map up among the likes of those made by Snazzy101 and 8-BitSandwich.
- Meh, other than the inevitable snipe-camping, I'm still iffy about the forced-exiting from bases, but that's it.
- Hmmm... I guess besides expanding HHH's diameter to all of 1-2, I would personally like it if working (but unwinnable) CP's and Briefcases were added in, just to add a second major reason for killing each other.
- Well, after 9 months since your last post about this map, is there any chance nowadays (or in the future) that you'll ever resume work on B4 and World 1-3? We would all sure love to see it someday, and I'm willing to help finish it if you can't. :D
> **Posted by Lonke**
> Is the development of this map dead? Beacuse the guy making it seem dead.
I'm going to an university college, and I have my hands full with school work and friends. I haven't really mapped anything significant since almost a year.