Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
- A Mod for Team Fortress 2.
Capture the flag in a Minecraft themed cave environment. Features varied gameplay and lots of close quarters combat.
From the brilliant minds of the MetaMetaTeam Minecraft community, comes a dazzling new TF2 CTF map. We spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours exploring every possible gameplay decision, and there remains no doubt in our minds that we have uncovered the ideal CTF environment. We have looked at this map from the minds of all the classes, and we believe that this map strikes an ideal gameplay balance for Team Fortress 2. This map can be used on any server, pubs, competitive casuals, all crit servers, and sniper only servers. It accommodates all classes equally, with no class being left out of our consideration. A prime example of this is the “Rocket Jump Zone”, which was included specifically for the soldier class.
Not just the MetaMetaTeam can take credit for this map, the whole MetaMetaCommunity helped out on this project, we had over 30 people helping on this map! Those who have already tested the map, say that it is one of their favorites. We hope that the TF2 community at large shares this opinion, and eagerly await any feedback you may have for us.
We can be reached at [email protected] for any feedback, support, or questions.
This map trully revolutionizes the art of minecraft maps in tf2. The super fast, high octane gameplay is the best ive had in a while. What trully makes this map special is the cactus room. honestly, i dont know why more maps dont have rooms like this, but i wont spoil it ;). you will have to download the map and find the secret entrance to it yourself.
Valve, please add this to the stock map rotation, you wont regret it
I like the attempt but what rates the map a zero for me is the ability of one team to stand in front of a spawn room door and slaughter the other team before they even get a chance to move.
Fix that and I'd give it an 8.
> **Posted by SpaceKGreen**
> I do like this map, but I wanted to point out a couple of things...
> - There's a straight line of sight between the two spawn rooms.
> - The blue flag room has only one entrance, and four full ammo pickups. An engineer can set up quickly, and a single sentry gun can cover the entrance pretty well. The red flag room doesn't have a corresponding set of ammo pickups anywhere nearby, and Demomen could arc their grenades through the gap easily.
> According to the description this was playtested a lot, so I'm wondering what the testers thought about these two points.
Agreed. I'm just happy that there is a side-exit.
I do like this map, but I wanted to point out a couple of things...
- There's a straight line of sight between the two spawn rooms.
- The blue flag room has only one entrance, and four full ammo pickups. An engineer can set up quickly, and a single sentry gun can cover the entrance pretty well. The red flag room doesn't have a corresponding set of ammo pickups anywhere nearby, and Demomen could arc their grenades through the gap easily.
According to the description this was playtested a lot, so I'm wondering what the testers thought about these two points.
- Very well-detailed non-perfectionism in cave layouts. (looks natural)
- I like the hiding spaces and sniper nests.
- The side tunnel to the flag room is a nice touch.
- The maze is ridiculous, yet functional. I likie.
- None. I like this map a lot, it is near-perfect.
- Slight lighting improvements would help. Very slight.
- Add another way to get into the flag rooms.
- I really like this map. I built a nav for it so I could play with bots for testing. There was a lot of love put into this. Keep up the good work!
- This map has potential as a 24/7 map choice. I will test it out that way and let you know if it succeeds. I will also forward any critique I receive.
- Good job!