Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
[As Heard About on Kritzkast! (21:00)](http://www.kritzkast.com/?p=1178 "As Heard About on Kritzkast! (21:00)")
7/06/11: Final Update
+ Reduced texture usage in order to prevent possibly memory issues
+ Improved lighting
+ Added an easter egg
This is the final update for this map. No other changes will be made and I am moving on. "DX8" issue is still a complete unknown; it is not a memory issue, given any computer can run the map (with and without weather disabled) specifically as long as they don't run TF2 in dx8 mode. Problem is far more complex than the possibility that I did anything "wrong" or "incorrect"; possibly technical changes made from directx 8 to directx 9 (in directx itself, making something incompatible with something I used in TF2/Hammer).
6/13/11: UPDATE 1.3:
* Fixed object collisions (may fix crashing/freezing at load for some players)
* Reduced the number of objects (most or all were obscured from actual gameplay)
* Reduced the number of particles
* Added photos to the loading screen
6/11/11: UPDATE 1.2:
* Fixed many errors in an effort to single out the cause of crashes
* Reduced particle usage in an attempt to single out the cause of crashes
* Added/changed several detail props and decals
* Map now uses a different bloom scale
* Water gets cheap farther away now, making it a little prettier from afar
* Added wildlife
* Round 1 BLU spawn: Lighting from above (hole) is now correctly pale blue instead of pale yellow
* Round 2 Point 2: Removed pooled water from boarded-up hole since it would only be reflecting darkness anyway as opposed to adding anything interesting to look at.
* Round 3 Point 2: Water no longer incorrectly ripples from the rain INSIDE the tunnel
THIS IS A "THEME" OF DUSTBOWL; retextured, water added, props added, weather added, lighting changed, fog changed, shadows changed.
All particles are tied to "weather", so disabling weather will disable all particles present in the map.
INCLUDES NAV FILE FOR BOT PLAY
Very nice and well done, I love Dustbowl and it looks much nicer in a stormy forest setting. I also love the ability to play with bots, thanks tons for that.
I can't think of anything bad with the map.
If anyone knows of a server that plays on this map or has it in their map rotation it'b be nice to know.