Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Ahoy there, Some people might know that about a year ago I started working on a re-work of fastlane. However, Valve were also in the process of changing this around with the guy who originally made fastlane. It came to my attention a few days ago that people still aren’t really playing fastlane, so I thought I would go back to the drawing board and see what alterations could be made to gear the map to more competitive play.
I have called this version 3 as it technically the 3rd installment.
Changes that Have been Made
* Both Spawns have been reworked so players cant just sit in spawn doorways and spam the opponents.
* Health Cabinets Have been moved In Spawn.
* Box has been added to top walkway to give defensive sniper some cover.
* Health Packs have been reworked around 2nd point giving the defensive team larger health packs.
* Slope from valley to 2nd has been shallowed out slightly.
* New route under the building on the left of 2nd has been introduced to give scouts an alternative route to get behind opposition.
* However a Rectangular window has been installed so that it makes it more difficult for scouts to get behind unnoticed than in previous versions of prolane.
* Balcony has been added upon entrance to 2nd point to add variation and alternate defensive spots.
* Decking on the right side of 2nd has been extended to give more room to a team pushing from that side.
* The doorways have been widened in order to create less small choke points where a demoman could easily sticky
* Right hand side of middle has been expanded to add space and more room to middle point.
* Health packs have been swapped on middle so the small health packs are on the sides and larger health packs next to where players would fall out to try and give the team falling out a chance of getting back and holding second.
* RESPAWN TIMES have been changed but may need some slight changes, this will be changed through playtesting
UPDATE!!!! VERSION 4 CHANGES!!!
Version 3 had some major problems regarding respawn times, this was due to myself and not testing it in tournament by accident!! whoops!! All is not lost and thanks to all the people that have playtested this over the past couple of days, golden stars to you all!! I have rectified this problem and bring you a whole new version of prolane, along with some other nice changes including a brand new route to CP1. Changes are as follows;
* Rebuilt bottom lobby to incorporated a staircase to allow access upstairs without having to go via CP2
* Readjusted capture and respawn times after play testing
* Raised Height of Balcony
* Move large healthpack onto balcony due to splash damage
* Rotated panels around on middle to nerf sniper
* Fixed clipping issues on some textures
* Added Decals to give map definition
* Added texture to prevent people being shot from underneath metal walkway on CP1
* Changed Fade Distances on lamps above CP2 doors
* Moved certain static props and smoothed out certain objects
* The Tower on middle now has a panel on the hole in roof to prevent characters falling through
* Made incline up to second shallower from underpass route on CP2 to prevent characters getting stuck