Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Orange Pro - cp_orange_pro_b3
Version: Beta 1.3
Created By: Ashigak (Partnered)
Original Layout: Ninjah
Author Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type: Control Point - Single Stage
Compile Date: 08/09/2009
Development Cycle: Beta 1.1 -> Beta 1.2 - > Beta 1.3
A message from the original layout designer (Ninjah): This is a map I've designed using inspiration from Orange_Run and some other original ideas. It's a choke point map designed to have a long onslaught filled with well timed ubers and sentry nests. Also, with player dynamic spawns using teleporters there is a strong requirement for teamwork in order to win because of the mass groups of players and locations for other area holding.
BETA 1.3 CHANGES/FIXES:
- Added arch above Cap3 to decrease spam but give class more options
- Added diagonal window looking into ladder section from near Cap3
- Added dropdown from ladder section into the tunnel section
- Added newly required ammo & health throughout map
- Added newly required lights throughout map
- Added pathway from Cap4 to adjacent higher area
- Added team specific overlays around Cap3 to give better map orientation
- Added tunnel near Cap3 to decrease sniper viewlines
- Added windows at Cap4 and Cap5 from the spawn
- Changed block on Cap5 ramp to give new pathway for attacking players
- Changed doors around Cap3 to be smaller & stay open longer
- Changed light_environment angles along with associated entities
- Changed sentry nest corner at Cap4
- Decreased map size by reducing ladder section
- Decreased map size by reducing tunnel section
- Decreased overall map time and added time from point captures
- Decreased block room size to cut waste space
- Fixed func_nobuild around grate doorways to stop players building inside doors
- Fixed trigger_hurt on doors at Cap3 to be correct size and give correct damage
- Increased framerate by adding func_areaportals to the doors at Cap3
- Increased map height around Cap3 for new arch option
- Updated stair design to follow valve standard 12 x 8 x ?
- Mammal Master -> 18.104.22.168:27015 [NGC]
- Mammal Master
Info. Layout: VilePickle
Unzip cp_orange_pro_b3.zip and copy cp_orange_pro_b3.bsp into the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\\team fortress 2\tf\maps\
Program: Hammer World Editor (Source SDK)
Compile Time: 13 minutes, 52 seconds
Compile PC: AMD Sempron™ Processor 3200+, 2GB RAM
This is an partnered map release by: Ashigak & Ninjah
Team Fortress 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation.
Posted by octoplasma
2. are those shapes func_details?
3. It does have a good layout.
4. custom models
5. unique theme and look.
keep up the good work though. i do like it.
1. Not my call I'm afraid - talk to Ninjah
2. Yeah they're func_details
3. Thanks, that was mine/Ninjah creativity
4. Why? What would they add?
5. I hope it's not similar to most orange maps
Also, I'll state that the orange texture is what the designer wanted. I may talk to him and try to push for actual textures but for now - just give the map a chance please and leave some honest assessments.
There's a couple of nice curves and shapes in this map, and the layout isn't bad. It's still stuck with the most overused texture(s) of all time in videogaming, which isn't really enough for me to take any major interest in it.
Ezekel I appreciate your comment and also believe in texturing maps to look good as well as play good (like all my most recent maps bar this one) but in this case I am primarily the map maker and the original designer clearly stated that he wanted an orange map.
I do hope that this won't put you off playing it and anyone else for that matter. The final version that I will be releasing soon after play testing this beta a million times, will look better once I've gone through and added props like tyres, containers, cones and window covers - the beta versions are more for testing the gameplay side of the map for now.
Thanks for the comments everyone!
I really thin kthis map deserves more than being just an orange map. there are many out there who simply won't play it because it's not textured up, and there's enough interesting shapes and layout-ness that it deserves to see more people play it.
take pride in your maps and make them look good as well as play good.
that's just my opinion though...
Pros: Its a very good concept. having no for would spawns make it an excellent team experience as for the dependence on engis.
Cons: some sections are a little too campy. it has been made smaller than the last version ( i liked it longer)
Improvements: make longer again :D
Notes: This is a very good map, you just need to give it a chance. dont be too hasty to judge as once your in the thick of trying to defend your line and push up, its awesome