Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Hello everyone !!
This is my first map for Team fortress 2, Cp_dustfort is a symetrique map who RED and BLUE team fight for capture the enemy base.The two base are separed by a neutral carrier.
Ps: Sorry for my bad english
Pros: A nice-looking map. Great variety in the layout, open without being huge, and once you play it once you don't need a map to get around.
Cons: Visual noise... a lot of it. You have logos on everything, but very few signs pointing to caps.
People were complaining of low FPS and missing textures. I had neither but still... could probably use some optimizing.
More vertical cover would be nice, as snipers can essentially cover most of this map from the other end.
As well, there are only two ways up to the 2nd/4th points (bridge and stairs), which basically makes it extremely hard to attack if they build sentries or have a wall of snipers. Maybe a back way/side tunnel?
As well, there should really be at least some cover between caps 1 and 2, as it can make offense needlessly hard.
Improvements: Optimize, get rid of a few dead ends, make another ramp or two, and you're on to a winner. But at the moment it's just a little awkward to play.
Notes: It may need some reworking to have a second cap spawn, but it's not all that hard to run across so I don't think it's necessary. But Engis have a hard time with no setup.
Its a great map. but could neeeed a little tweaks.
- Cap timers are a tad too short, increase them a little, but not much.
- Increase the map timer to 10 mins (like Well, Granary and badlands)
- Map should be the same for both sides (bridge is on right side for RED, and on left for BLU)
- Some FPS issues, down to 30-40 fps in certain areas.
- Some pink spots, floor in spawn room is pink etc.
- A wall and the floor clips into eachother in reds first cap.
- Remove the setup time, theres no point in having a 10 sec setup time?
- The yellow/black stripes around middle cap havent got the same with on all sides.
- Add "capture area" floor under cap 2/4.
- Ladders up the the little roof outside middle cap arent working.
- Another spawn room is needed, a spawn next to cap 2 where u spawn when u own the middle point.
All in all its a very good map, I'm looking forward to final version :D