As we all know Classic Sonic sucked pretty bad in Sonic Forces. This mod aims to fix that by improving his overall gameplay by tweaking his physics, removing his speed cap, adding a whole new boss fight, and various other tweaks and fixes.
Tweaks / Changes
- Sonic's jump feels a lot less heavy and easier to control.
- Sonic's speed cap is removed when going down slopes.
- A brand new Chaos Boss fight! (unlocks after completing ghost town)
- The Spindash / Dropdash is more accurate to the classics / mania.
- Rolling is much more effective and feels more like the classic games.
- Sonic's appearance is now based on Marza Planet's CGI design. (optional)
- Intrusive dash panels removed.
- Intrusive springs removed.
- The fall signs from Generations are now present.
- New stage intros!
- Various stage tweaks including the removal of auto scrolling from Iron Fortress.
- Super Sonic is much faster than he normally is.
- S ranks are harder to get.
- Improvements to his 3D controls for stage mods.
- Comes with CFR's Modern Physics Improvements.
- Various other improvements.
- This isn't compatible with other physics mods for the most part but it comes with Cornflakerush's Modern Sonic Physics. (the version included is a bit more updated than his current one as he hasn't gotten around to updating it yet.)
- This mod isn't compatible with skin changes either but that only applies to skins that change Classic Sonic specifically. If you want to make your Classic Sonic skin compatible then take a look at this tutorial!
- Custom levels are compatible but they should be loaded below this mod within the mod loader menu. This will prioritize the level mod over the improvement mod. Anything else should be above this mod so it has priority.
- As long as credit is given, you may use stuff from this mod for your own mods. This includes packing the physics stuff and/or using the fall signs in your own stage mods. Just don't take more large scale things like the Chaos Fight.
- Make sure that your last played stage is something besides VS Chaos when unchecking the mod! On occasion the game does not reset the last played stage so it ends up crashing upon loading into the world map! ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE "SAVE FILE REDIRECTION" checked in the mod loader or you might crash trying to load into "Vs Chaos"!
- Classic Sonic's new model has a few animation issues. It's going to continue to be worked on down the road and ported to gens as well.