DMCA Warning: As always since we're in the era of aggressive Copyright claims on everything, upload playthroughs using this mod at your own discretion. However, to this date every playthrough I've seen from big youtubers has been fine, and the only new song that triggers a full claim/block is the Noragami track I used that plays during the King's flashback at the end of the Great Plateau. It's not ideal, but you can skip that cutscene if you're cautious of these things.
I'm uploading this as it's been sitting on my computer since I made it with BCML 2.8, which yes is outdated now but should hopefully convert fine into the modern format. The things I changed exactly are outlined in the patch notes above, as well as showcased in the video below:
VERSION UPDATE 1.5 - Redone Guardian Themes
For those who didn't like the hip-hop esque remixes used for the Guardian Stalker, Decayed, and Scout themes, then this update is for you. I replaced the old themes with a completely custom track I made (first time using a proper DAW) using the 'Cornered' sample from Phoenix Wright, but still done in a way that's faithful to the original feeling of encountering a Guardian. Here's a video preview:
VERSION UPDATE 1.4 - Avatar: The Last Airbender Edition. If you're a fan of ATLA, you're going to love this update. I added cleaned up, re-equalised, and high quality tracks from the series to (hopefully) fitting locations. The video showing these can be found near the bottom of this page.
Are you looking to enhance your Breath of the Wild playthrough with a fresh new experience that lacks a certain... something? No? Well read this page anyway!
There are many mods that physically or visually reimagine your experience in the game, but your aural experience is equally important, to which there are only a handful of mods that deal with them, in which there are still glitches, gaps, and limitations. Well look no further than here! This is a complete music overhaul that is tailor-made and designed to thoroughly give your playthrough a very satisfying boost with music and sounds hand-chosen by me and cherry-picked to perfectly complement the areas and events they're in. Not only do existing areas have new life to them, but areas that were lacking in vanilla have now been enriched with sweet, perfect music juice.
This mod should be FULLY COMPATIBLE with things like Linkle, Crafting, and other cosmetic mods since I haven't altered any files in Bootup or TitleBG.
What's in store?This music pack isn't held back by locked themes, glitches, and depth. As a perfectionist I ensured that every single track I implemented is the perfect volume, starts with no issues, is the highest quality I could find (no fuzzy/tinny music) and loops seamlessly you won't even notice. There are over 210 files I've gone over with a fine brush, and replaced them with music I found more interesting or tasteful. Of course, there's going to be some bias because these are ultimately tracks that were personally appealing to me, but hopefully my taste isn't too far off from yours and you can agree with me on a lot of tracks I've done.
I've taken it upon myself to also design all the promo including artwork and videos with this so everyone sees a polished, serious modding experience.
Inspired by many different areas of media and entertainment, my music pack includes tracks, covers, and remixes (in the appropriate style of BotW) from:
- Assassin's Creed
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Chrono Trigger
- Donkey Kong Country
- Kingdom Hearts
- Phoenix Wright
- Previous Zelda Games (OoT, TP, SS)
- Street Fighter
- Kakariko Village - Bamboo Island from Skyward Sword by Hajime Wakai
- Zora's Domain - Fly Me To The Moon Instrumental by Hikaru Utada from Evangelion
- Goron City - Hot Head Bop by PPF
- Rito Village - Corridors of Time by PPF
- Gerudo Town (Day) - Gerudo Valley by TheMSellick
- Gerudo Town (Night) - Gerudo Valley Oud Remix by Giorgios Panagiotou
- Lurelin Village - Schala's Theme by Hashel
- Hateno Village - Beneath The Mask from Persona 5 by Shoji Meguro
- Tarrey Town - Life Goes On from Persona 5 by Shoji Meguro
- Korok Forest - Sacred Grove from Twilight Princess by Toru Minegishi and Koji Kondo
- Guardian (Stalker, Scout, and Decayed) - New: Custom Cornered Remix by Lylah. OLD: Asgore Remix by wyt
- Hinox - Deku Palace by Theophany
- Talus - Enfin Apparu by Shiro Sagisu
- Molduga - Clavar La Espada by Shiro Sagisu
- Attack on Ruta - Battle for Everyone's Souls (Elizabeth) from Persona 4 Ultimax (Shoji Meguro)
- Attack on Rudania - Undercover of Night by Martin O'Donnell from Halo: CE
- Attack on Medoh - Enfin Apparu by Shiro Sagisu from Magi
- Attack on Naboris - Gerudo Valley Eurobeat Remix by Dominic Ninmark
- Waterblight - I'll face myself (battle) from Persona 4 Reincarnation (Shoji Meguro)
- Fireblight - Cornered (Cadenza Remix) from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Windblight - Zinnia's Theme (Smash) from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Thunderblight - Agni Kai from Avatar TLA and remix by Musicality
- Calamity Ganon - Halo Theme Remix by Lindsey Stirling and William Joseph
- Dark Beast Ganon - Roll Call and Warthog Run by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori
- Master Kohga - Akuma's Theme Orchestral by MetalWario64
- Monk Maz Koshia - Akuma's Theme Remix (Murder Instinct) by Eternal Testament
- Vah Ruta - Aquatic Ambience and Dearly Beloved fusion from Donkey Kong Country and Kingdom Hearts
- Vah Rudania - Sylvalum Day/Night from Xenoblade Chronicles by Hiroyuki Sawano
- Vah Medoh - Corridors of Time and remixes from Chrono Trigger by Yasunori Mitsuda and Siivagunner
- Vah Naboris - Lanayru Sand Sea from Skyward Sword by Hajime Wakai
- Champion's Ballad - All of the above + La Voix Sombre from Magi OST
- Burning (Death Mountain) - Get Smart by Shiro Sagisu from Bleach OST
- Hot (Desert) - Batalla, Batalla by Shiro Sagisu and Moro Cut by yunis
- Cold - Ice Cap Zone Remix by WakizashiPT
- Horse Riding Night - Ocarina of Time Title Theme cover by OrchestralJoy
- Horse Riding Day - Ocarina of Time Title Theme cover by ClefferNotes
- Sheikah Towers - Ezio's Family by Jesper Kyd from Assassin's Creed II OST
- Stable Theme - Counting Stars by Nujabes
- Cabins/House (Selmie's Spot) - Hip Shop from D
- Lost Woods - Midna's lament cover by gbritaney
- Hyrule Castle - Nothing Can Be Explained by Mike Wyzgowski from Bleach OST
Outside Mountain, Cave, Volcano, Waterside Shrines and Kara Kara Bazaar - Oud covers of popular songs by Ahmed AlshaibaThese are in the old version (which you can still find in the download file), the new versions are:
- Mountain & Cave - Tsungi Horn from Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Volcano - On Little Cat Feet/Mining Melancholy by SiIvaGunner
- Waterside - River of Time by AmIEviL
- Kara Kara Bazaar - Abdel Kader by Ahmed Alshaiba
- Outside 'Wild' Shrines - Why by Omar Faruk Tekbilek
- Observation Post - Gerudo Valley OC Remix by DiggiDis
- Flight Range, Castle Town, Shrines in Ruins - Deference for Darkness by Martin O'Donnell
- Temple of Time - Temple of Time Remix by Bezo
- Outside DLC shrines (Champion's Ballad) - Morning Breeze by Nizar
- Kass - Song of Storms by Jackson Parodi
- Ancient Labs - Mining Melancholy by PPF
- Remembering a memory - Recollection from Noragami OST by Taku Iwasaki
- Yiga Hideout - Tubular Bells Orchestra by Mark Kermode originally by Mike Oldfield
- Racing (Foot, Snowboard, Sand Seal) - Gerudo Valley Eurobeat by Dominic Ninmark
- Pulling Master Sword - Halo CE Theme by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori
- Dragon - On The Precipice of Defeat by Shiro Sagisu from Bleach OST
- Gut Check Heat Contest - Cornered Violin remix by Redhawk
- Kohga's Monologue - Koume and Kotake Theme remix by Patti Rudisill
- Riju's Monologue - Gerudo Valley Sad version by OllerRemixes
- NEW: Conversing with Mipha - Corner of Memories from Persona Q, composed by Shoji Meguro
- NEW: Conversing with Revali - Zinnia's Theme by Mewmore
- NEW: Conversing with Daruk - Going Up by Chuki Beats
- NEW: Conversing with Urbosa - Gerudo Valley OC Remix by Diggi Dis
- NEW: Vah Ruta attacking Castle - Inside/Mako's Sacrifice from The Legend of Korra: Book 4 OST
- NEW: Vah Rudania attacking Castle - Final Hours/Great Fairy by Theophany
- NEW: Vah Medoh attacking Castle - Lion Turtle/Safe Return from Avatar: The Last Airbender
- NEW: Vah Naboris attacking Castle - Jinora's Light from The Legend of Korra: Book 2 OST
UPDATE 07/03/2020: If you're a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender/Korra, you'll love this update. The video below shows the four cutscene mods in this update (it doesn't show the other tracks I added and changed listed above but rest assured, they're in this update).
UPDATE 06/11/2019: A showcase of the new cutscenes I added for the 4 champions after clearing each Divine Beast.
UPDATE 01/11/2019: Here is a demonstration of the new Kass tracks I've added to this update. These will be used in the biggest upcoming project to BotW arriving soon.
If there is anything I missed, do not hesitate to ask me directly. You can find me on the Zelda Modding Discord.
I sincerely hope you all enjoy this jam-packed mod, it means a lot to me!
Note: since there's so many files I didn't find it prudent to just include one waveform or demo file, all the music you can check out yourself with the videos and links above, and please check out my channel!
Please please please subscribe to my Youtube for more content and updates on my music modding business and remember to share this mod with others if you're impressed! It would mean the world.