Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
ZE mapping template v1
- A Mod for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
NOT for complete hammer begginers ( but who knows, are you up for a challenge ?)
As the title suggests this is medium/advanced ZE mapping template for mappers who already know how to create maps in hammer sdk and want to try mapping for ZE game mode or any other mode / map where stuff in vmf can be useful
It is advised to have some experience working with entities and inputs/outputs otherwise it will be a bit hard to understand some mapping templates
mapping_template_v1.vmf contains 8 templates :
- No fall damage template( disables fall damage in a map )
- Jump pad template( makes a jump / boost pad area in a map , change X , Y , Z values in output window for different boost / jump direction and force )
-lasers mini game( players have to use their movement skills and fast reaction to doge lasers that come towards them. speed , damage and direction of lasers can be adjusted in property window of entities. Laser shape can be adjusted too to whatever mapper can come up with )
- scalable hp system( basically gives specific amount of hp to func_breakable , func_physbox , func_physbox_multiplayer. To break the brush entity players have to shoot exact amount of bullets otherwise it wont break. 1 bullet = 1hp but value can be changed ofc)
- CT / T no weapon damage( basically prevents both teams from shooting each other )
- Special power up item ( when player picks up a pistol he gains special ability that can be used only by him as long as he doesnt drop a pistol. In mapping template its a wall that can be spawned every 30 seconds to block pathways , players , etc. This is just a basic system , mappers can go and create their own power ups that they can come up with.)
- Filtered button for T or CT( template that makes only specific team being able press a button and run outputs )
- brush entity collision template( template that disables collision for any brush entity which makes players being able to walk through it. ex: players being able to walk through func_breakable)
I suggest joining these 2 discords for further mapping help and questions. There are lots of great mappers who know a lot of stuff about cs go / css mapping and vscripts.
I have one question. Regarding the special power up item.
How is the !activator targetname stripped from players after they die, or when the round restarts, or the item is dropped? Would it not be possible for a player to pick up the item, be assigned the targetname, drop the item, then still be able to click on the floating func_button even if the item is held by another?