Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
"Season Corporation, a Japanese bio-research facility, has its white walls painted red by a Phoenix demolition attack.”
The conflict is occurring within a bio-research facility in Tokyo, Japan. Mount Fuji is visible in the distance in the skybox. The map features clean aesthetics with a significant usage of white and other simple, bright whole colors.
Season is one of my favourite maps, so it's interesting to see CSGO's take on it which I hadn't seen before backported. I don't know anything about cubemaps and the like with already mentioned porting issues that should be considered in an update, so this is from a more basic player point of view, just from running around for a few minutes looking at stuff for now:
- Geometry is pretty recognizable from original, lot of places are looking significantly fancier and have more character than the generic old industry brick + sheet metal theme and do look pretty good but extremely bright, I guess that's just the CSGO version's thing.
- there seems to be an invisible ledge or obstacle on a wall near T-Spawn.
- a nav is embedded in bsp rather than separate, but lacks place names :( Not sure if all areas are accessible, was just a quick run through... the pit near A seemed as if it has no exit connections, only dropdowns. But there are jumps to get on top of said invisible ledge, which is a bit weird.
- The lighting seems a bit questionable in cases, as was already mentioned (particulary blatant example, though a negligible one: very bright forklift in a pitch-black garage near the vents entrance on mid)
- the map seems to be mistagged as the pretty dead "Bomb/Hostage" category rather than regular Bomb Defusal. No hossies here. Is there an actual hybrid scenario like that, for that category to exist?
1 No hdr, 2 no light maps, 3 no cubemaps, 4 bad shadows, 5 incorrect detail textures, 6 no use vertex lights, 7 no sound scapes 8 bud conteiner bsp (included unnecessary files like a materials\tools etc... - port is bad.