Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
I noticed that alot of people were commenting on a lack of ambient sound, I just checked and I forgot to include my custom soudscape and soundfiles!!
I have just updated the ZIP file to include these files, simply redownload and re-extract to your CS folder (not your maps folder!
Hello everyone, Im pleased to announce the release of De_Forest!
There's been alot of blood sweat and tears to get this into the state it is today, also figuring out how the hell to make a forest map work in the Source engine, but Im pretty proud of how it looks and plays now.
It should run well on most systems with a ati 9800 / nvidia 6xxx or above, not sure about below that as I havent been able to test on lower end systems.
Terrorists have been hiding out in the woods for months and are being hunted down for
information on spies within a number of high ranking organisations assisting
in plotting terror attacks.
As the terrorist team you must destroy all evidence of
such activities by planting bombs at either of the two sites which were being used
as the hideout.
As the CTs you must secure the hideouts and prevent the terrorists from
destorying the information.
If you get lost, find your way back to the river and look for landmarks which will point you in the right direction. There are also many signposts dotted around the forest to help you find your way to the bombsites.
Thanks to everyone who offered feedback and advice on this map, its been a big challenge and a hard journey and I hope you have fun!
- Just plain COOL!
- Very large and very technical map
- Simulates a real forest quite well
- Excellent job with textures
- Bots.. set it tjem on EASY. They see through everything
- Great map! 10/10
- THANK YOU!
- Excellent Map Size
- Bots Know There way Around
- The Map is Fun to Explore
- I like the way you showed the Bomb Site's Through the Signs!
- You Deffinitely paid attention to details!
- The Map isn't flat, it's bumpy and wavy like a forest should be
- The Visual Landmarks were cool (Felled Tree, Camp Site, Light Shinning in)
- The River is Glitchy (Light in Some Places and Dark in Others)
- Some Parts of the Map Lag (I'm Using a Haswell GT755 Graphics card with all cores running CS:S, it still lags)
- This doesn't really make sense as a Bomb Defusal Map, it would make more sense to rescue Hostages
- Add more ambient sounds (Random Animal Noises, Chirping, etc)
- Make the Site B Shack an actual building with rooms like you did with Site A
- Trying adding more FX to the river like the water splashing against the rocks
- This is a great map and it's close to being perfect but it's not quite there yet
- It would be nice to get a cs varient of this for those who like rescueing/guarding the hostages!
> **Posted by KaiserJeeL**
> Hi all.. Robert send me the files to fix the map compiling.. atm I'm trying to fix it with some mappers i know..
> - latest update 4/19 2012
> Got a really good mapper on the job
> - latest update 04/25 2012
> Map should be ready within a week
> -lastest update 05-13-2012
> Still working on it, will be finish no matter what.. dont have a date for the fix yet though, stay tuned
> latest update 6-7-2012
> K@rt is almost done with the map now, a couble of details with lightning is getting done and then it will get released
If you want to send me the files, I can just update the submission with them. Let me know!
Hi all.. Robert send me the files to fix the map compiling.. atm I'm trying to fix it with some mappers i know..
- latest update 4/19 2012
Got a really good mapper on the job
- latest update 04/25 2012
Map should be ready within a week
-lastest update 05-13-2012
Still working on it, will be finish no matter what.. dont have a date for the fix yet though, stay tuned
latest update 6-7-2012
K@rt is almost done with the map now, a couble of details with lightning is getting done and then it will get released